X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ZahZoo
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Guitar Shark
    I'll believe it when I see it. Sorry, but EVH is anything but trustworthy these days.
    Exactly!!

I'll stay on the sceptical side of the fence until something is actually produced.
    "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• Rikk
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Bill Lumbergh
      Anything they do from here on in is icing on the cake....I just wanted one more tour, and got it.
      LUMBERGH. Fuckin' A.

I want an album. The tour was great. The album better happen. I want to hear Dave's voice singing on new Ed tunes. I fucking loved ME WISE MAGIC.
      Roth Army Militia

Originally posted by WARF
      Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

• Rikk
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by ZahZoo
        Exactly!!

I'll stay on the sceptical side of the fence until something is actually produced.
        Plus, you know these guys. They've already attempted a handful of studio reunions. They may even commit 100% now (which they aren't)...and then hate each other after having laid down five songs.
        Roth Army Militia

Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

• VanHalener
          ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Originally posted by ZahZoo
          Exactly!!

As do I.

Why isn't he working steadfastly on this goal NOW?!
          Let the women prep the wedding, and so what if Wolfgang is in school?! Let him do his homework then get in the studio, Ed. There is no tomorrow

There is no tomorrow

There is no tomorrow

Get that thought into your head and maybe you'll get off your ass and quit putting this shit off.

I want some =VH= ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
          ~Only you can prevent low volume~

Comment

• GAR
            Banned
            • Jan 2004

He could put another disk out with Roth but it won't be Van Halen.

Me Wise Magic sounded like the old band.

The tour sounded nothing like the old band, and I never want to see Roth humping an inflatable microphone blimp. Even Freddie Mercury didn't do that!

Comment

• Top Jimmy
              Head Fluffer
              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Rikk
              I fucking loved ME WISE MAGIC.
              You ain't the only one, Rikk

Comment

• Rikk
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by GAR
                He could put another disk out with Roth but it won't be Van Halen.

Me Wise Magic sounded like the old band.

The tour sounded nothing like the old band, and I never want to see Roth humping an inflatable microphone blimp. Even Freddie Mercury didn't do that!
                I once thought that without Michael Anthony, it wouldn't be Van Halen.

Frankly, being a fan of Dave at a David Lee Roth fansite forum, how could I not be excited for a new David Lee Roth album with Eddie Van Halen playing guitar.

I thought they sounded great on the tour. I saw 'em twice in Chicago. The vibe was there. The music sounded good. Eddie apparently played better than he had in years (I never saw the limp Hagar reunion, but from what the Eddie diehards claim, he was much better). Eddie sounded pretty spot-on both nights I saw, and Dave actually sang more.

So he humped an inflatable microphone. Who gives a shit? Who really is going to put Dave down for being over-the-top? Is he a sex-symbol anymore? No. Again, who gives a shit. He sang, Eddie played. It was magical...both nights.
                Roth Army Militia

Comment

• kwame k
                  TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                  • Feb 2008

The question becomes.......who's gonna produce this. God, I hope they don't try to produce this themselves.......Teddy T may be too old, whatever became of Waldo?.......Rick Rubin.....he's resurrected many careers or made some decent "comeback" albums.......they need someone who can manage the tension between the two camps....The Van Halen's and Dave.........that's going to be as important as actually producing the music......keeping harmony in the studio.....or better yet.....even finishing the fucking thing.
                  Originally posted by vandeleur
                  E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• Rikk
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by kwame k
                    The question becomes.......who's gonna to produce this. God, I hope they don't try to produce this themselves.......Teddy T may be too old, whatever became of Waldo?.......Rick Rubin.....he's resurrected many careers or made some decent "comeback" albums.......they need someone who can manage the tension between the two camps....The Van Halen's and Dave.........that's going to be as important as actually producing the music......keeping harmony in the studio.....or better yet.....even finishing the fucking thing.
                    And I think Mike Post is busy cleaning GAR's toilet bowl.
                    Roth Army Militia

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Bill Lumbergh
                      Anything they do from here on in is icing on the cake....I just wanted one more tour, and got it.
                      Holy shit.

Look what the cat dragged in....

Originally posted by Kristy
                      Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
                      Originally posted by cadaverdog
                      I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

• kwame k
                        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                        • Feb 2008

And I think Mike Post is busy cleaning GAR's toilet bowl.
                        <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/upc6yMKPu1c&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/upc6yMKPu1c&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Jul 2004

I once thought that without Michael Anthony, it wouldn't be Van Halen.

It'll be/was/is Van Halen

What it wont be...is a reunion

And some of us were just too snotty, arrogant, and jaded to accept anything less.

I hold no grudge against those who went, enjoyed, and shelled out. Glad they had a good time.

Originally posted by Kristy
                          Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
                          Originally posted by cadaverdog
                          I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

• Jack68
                            Commando
                            • Sep 2004

Originally posted by DlocRoth
                            I know everybody is skeptical, and rightfully so.....

But at least SpEd's talking, which none of them did during the tour.....

Good news.....
                            Smoke em if you got em great news for sure.
                            "Avant Garde is French for bullshit.”

Comment

• kwame k
                              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                              • Feb 2008

Originally posted by GAR
                              do NOT talk shit about the Triangle - that helped me get thru 3 years of Kindergarten at a tough time in my life.. it's all about the striker and it's not easy to master because they only come with one ..
                              So you're talking about last week, then?

Comment

• Bill Lumbergh
                                ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2004

LUMBERGH. Fuckin' A.

I want an album. The tour was great. The album better happen. I want to hear Dave's voice singing on new Ed tunes. I fucking loved ME WISE MAGIC.
                                No doubt, my friend. I've seen that song(actually BOTH of the 96' tunes) ripped to shreds lately....I love MWM too, and think there's a lot more "magic" in both of Dave AND even the very fucked up Ed.....

Comment

Working...