lets just put our fingers in a dike an pray
    *snicker*

Comment

• Rikk
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by GAR
      I have declared...
      I stopped reading right there because something nonsensical happened.
      Roth Army Militia

Originally posted by WARF
      Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

• chefcraig
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Rikk
        I stopped reading right there because something nonsensical happened.
        Yeah...it's sort of like an odd hissing sound occuring behind your ear, as the immediate horizon starts to get fuzzy. And you are suddenly drawn to the inescapable conclusion that some inconsiderate dumb-ass has broken wind all over you, and nothing short of a dry-cleaning bill will remove the stench.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
        ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• VAiN
          Use my hand, I won't look
          ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Originally posted by Terry
          Even if the Finish What You Started biz is true...who really gives a shit?
          There's no way... it has to be 100% pure bullshit. There's no way That would even be brought up with Dave.
          Originally posted by wiseguy
          That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

Foot Soldier
            • Jun 2007

At the time, when I saw the rumoured set list, on the Roth Army forums, which was displayed before the first show, I thought it was strange, how all the songs were Dave era, apart from Van Hagar`s FWYS, and I guessed that Ed threw that track into reheasrsal, to taunt Dave!
            If you look back to the 2004, tour, Ed was rumoured to play Roth era material, in the sound checks, to taunt Hagar(Drop Dead Legs)! LOL

Comment

• ThrillsNSpills
              ROTH ARMY ELITE
              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by 113
              At the time, when I saw the rumoured set list, on the Roth Army forums, which was displayed before the first show, I thought it was strange, how all the songs were Dave era, apart from Van Hagar`s FWYS, and I guessed that Ed threw that track into reheasrsal, to taunt Dave!
              If you look back to the 2004, tour, Ed was rumoured to play Roth era material, in the sound checks, to taunt Hagar(Drop Dead Legs)! LOL
              Yeah I'm sure a toasted Ed thought that much into it.
              Not everyone has your agenda. He was just fucking playing his guitar at soundcheck.
              Somewhere there's a rock photographer thanking you for this post.

because you aren't impersonating him.

Comment

• FORD
                ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Of course Ed was playing the old stuff during the soundchecks on the Velveetapalooza 2004 tour. You can't very well test a guitar on fucking synth pop Van Hagar songs, can you?
                Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• FORD
                  ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by 113
                  Have you read Hagar`s 2009 interview?

Have you read the other posts!

Dave had to suck cocks to get back in, he was hurtin for cash, and Ed and Al knew it.
                  Dave was humiliated by the Van Halen`s, even Hagar, is gloating about Dave being gang raped!
                  As usual Katie, you're full of sheep shit.
                  Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• FORD
                    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by tjvhou812
                    lets just put our fingers in a dike an pray

Good call. I'll take the redhead.
                    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• Rikk
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by chefcraig
                      Yeah...it's sort of like an odd hissing sound occuring behind your ear, as the immediate horizon starts to get fuzzy. And you are suddenly drawn to the inescapable conclusion that some inconsiderate dumb-ass has broken wind all over you, and nothing short of a dry-cleaning bill will remove the stench.
                      I like that dumbfuck thanks you for this post. Proof positive (and I've always said this) that he's little more than an attention-whore. He actually reminds me a lot of FAB.
                      Roth Army Militia

Originally posted by WARF
                      Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

• degüello
                        Sniper
                        • Mar 2004

This is cool news, although I'm not sure if I want them to record any new material. I mostly don't want that to happen.

However, if they do, Rick Rubin's definitely the way to go, producer-wise.
                        "What we've been doing, which is great and certainly cost saving, is I train in the sand pit in McDonald's. I do a few laps. I go through the tunnel a few times. The kids don't mind if I smoke. Plus, when I'm done, lunch is right there."- DLR 2003

Comment

• Terry
                          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by FORD

Good call. I'll take the redhead.

By far the most useful post in the thread.

Think I'll have a wank now. Unlike conversing about if Roth sang a Van Hagar tune, at the end of my wank I'll have something to show for it.
                          Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• GreenBayLA
                            Sniper
                            • Jan 2006

Read Eddie's mini interview/product pimping in Rolling Stone and came here straight away. While I too am skeptical of anything EVH says it was great to see something encouraging in print; Van Halen tour with DLR not a one-off, they're a band, new album on the horizon.

buenobob,
                            I agree that Van Halen w/out Michael Anthony isn't Van Halen but since Wolfie is generally credited with paving the way for Roth's return my attitude was I'll take what I can get. I saw the tour in LA and no they didn't rival their 80's peak but they did the material proud. DLR and Eddie had a few genuine moments onstage.

rocknrolldork,
                            I noticed no one flamed you for saying 1984 is the weakest of the classic 6, because it's true. I'd say their "party" album Diver Down was uneven but it's highs were higher than anything on 1984, which was their In Through The Out Door.

Jack68,
                            Brendan O'Brien is an interesting suggestion for producer. I'd also put forth Ron Nevison who engineered Stones, Zep and Bad Co and always got the best out of UFO/Schenker when he was producing them. Lights Out/ Obsession/ Walk On Water.

I'd say no to Rick Rubin, he's living on rep in my opinion.
                            "Nothing gets a yak over a suspension bridge faster than 'Back in the Saddle Again' by Aerosmith" ~ DLR

Comment

• SweetSecrets
                              Sniper
                              • Jun 2004

Bring on a world tour to Australia!
                              Baby Pana due April 28th!

I love Daddy Panamark! :0

Comment

• Full Bug
                                Crazy Ass Mofo
                                • Jan 2004

EDDIE VAN HALEN: More HUSTLER Interview Excerpts Available - Mar. 4, 2009
                                According to the Van Halen News Desk, the current issue of Hustler magazine has an exclusive interview with Eddie Van Halen. Highlights from the chat follow below.

Hustler: When can we hope for the new CD?

Eddie Van Halen: First, Wolfgang graduates, and then Janie [Eddie's fiancée/publicist Janie Liszewski] and I are getting married. Then we'll sit down, give Dave [Lee Roth] a call and ask him if he feels like whooping and hollering a little bit. I've got a ton of music.

Hustler: Will your wedding be a traditional wedding or a rock star bash?

Eddie Van Halen: It's a small wedding, with only family and a few close friends here at home in our backyard. It'll be nice. My brother is going to marry us. He can actually legally marry us. He's an ordained minister. Reverend Al. It's gonna be great.

Hustler: Who will be the best man?

Eddie Van Halen: My son Wolfgang, of course.

Hustler: It'll be a real family affair.

Eddie Van Halen: I have very few friends. Janie and I, we don't go out much, except to the market. She's a great cook, so why go out? I've never been the type to hang out much or do the hollywood thing and that kind of shit. That's why you don't see me in the tabloids very often. We enjoy our privacy.

Hustler: Do you still play every day?

Eddie Van Halen: I do now. After the tour, I was a couch potato for a good five months, but I'm back! I'm writing, I'm doing everything — including interviews. (Laughs.)

Hustler: What is the best part about being Eddie Van Halen in 2009 ?

Eddie Van Halen: I guess for the first time in my life I really feel good. I don't really wanna get into the whole sobriety trip. But I'm just workin' on a lot of things to get better at being here in the moment and stay clear, ya know? I have been drinking, smoking, and playing guitar since I was 12 years old. I still smoke, and I'm definitely playing guitar better than ever. I guess one of the three had to go. Along with some other shit. But alcohol was the wonder drug for me. It's a trip to look back and go, "Fuck, I've been doing this for over 40 years." I'm lucky to be alive. I'm healthier and happier than I've ever been.

Janie and I are getting married in June. She's a beautiful, sexy, sweet, strong and smart woman who loves me unconditionally. And of course vice versa. I mean the love part. I have the most insanely gifted, talented, wonderful son (a direct gift from God), whom I love more than he'll ever know. My brother Alex, who I just love so fucking much, it makes me wanna cry out of joy that I'm so blessed to have him since the day I was born. My best friend Matt, who I've known for over 20 years and works with me on just about everything I do. My friend Ryan and a few other people. A great career. And of course my own company, EVH brand of guitars, amps and accessories. What the fuck more could I ask for ? I feel like my life is just beginning. That's what the best part of being Eddie Van Halen is….in any year.
                                Diamond Mafia Forever - 4. To restore fullbug to the prominent place in this board, after various serious attacks by hitch1969 have now damaged his reputation and now is reguarded as a "Retarded, Stoned, Canadian, Dog finger bangin' fuckup"

Comment

Working...