• Show
Clear All
  • FORD
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Obama Says He Prays 'All The Time' For Guidance

07/23/09 06:38 PM

President Barack Obama greets spectators after arriving at Cleveland Hopkins Airport, Thursday, July 23, 2009. Obama will visit the Cleveland Clinic and hold a town hall style meeting on health care reform at a local high school. (AP Photo/Mark Duncan)

WASHINGTON — President Barack Obama says he's gone from praying nightly before going to bed to praying all the time because he has a "lot of stuff" on his plate and needs "guidance all the time."

Obama made the comments in an interview to air Thursday on ABC's "Nightline."

Obama says he thinks every president has been humbled by the number of issues they have had to deal with. He says he thinks they are quickly cured of the illusion that one person can solve all those problems.

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992
  • WARF
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jan 2004

I hope It's Jesus not Allah!

Comment

• Jesus Christ
      Veteran
      • Jan 2004

I can verify the authenticity of this story. Verily, some days I check My inbox, and all the prayer messages are from thy President.

Comment

• Blackflag
        Banned
        • Apr 2006

Didn't we have another president who was searching for holy inspiration for his job?

Comment

• WARF
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Blackflag
          Didn't we have another president who was searching for holy inspiration for his job?
          No, Michael Dukakis lost in 88'

Comment

• Jesus Christ
            Veteran
            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Blackflag
            Yes, but he never listened to Me.

Comment

• Sucker of Satan's Penis

That's because he's too busy listening to ME!

Comment

• Dolemite!
                Banned
                • Jun 2009

The Bush-O'bubba parallels build up more and more every day. But he's a stupid liar or confused like Bush, because you don't shake hands with Brzenzski and then claim you pray to God.

Comment

• Big Train
                  Full Member Status

• Apr 2004

I'm surprised frankly Ford doesn't make a huge deal out of it. With Bush, ever time he mentioned God it was a big deal. Barry O does the same thing....pass.

Comment

• FORD
                    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Big Train
                    I'm surprised frankly Ford doesn't make a huge deal out of it. With Bush, ever time he mentioned God it was a big deal. Barry O does the same thing....pass.
                    Chimpy was obviously a hypocrite who was just pandering to the right wing base. Obama (sadly) has done anything BUT pander to the Democratic base, but I doubt he's pandering to the religious reich either.

Jimmy Carter prayed a lot, and I believe he was sincere about it. Obama? Well I guess time will tell if he's actually listening to JC or not. Not Jimmy, the original JC.
                    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• FORD
                      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Dolemite!
                      The Bush-O'bubba parallels build up more and more every day. But he's a stupid liar or confused like Bush, because you don't shake hands with Brzenzski and then claim you pray to God.
                      Fuck off baby raper. Nobody asked you.
                      Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• bueno bob
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Jul 2004

Obama is the first U.S. President I have EVER seen who has even acknowledged the fact that there's a HUGE amount of the U.S. who doesn't appeal to ANY higher power for guidance/intervention/money/favors/etc.

I think that's VERY cool. Better than pretending everybody in the U.S. is a bible thumper and holds to southern bible belt morality.
                        Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• Sucker of Satan's Penis

Originally posted by FORD
                          Obama (sadly) has done anything BUT pander to the Democratic base, but I doubt he's pandering to the religious reich either.
                          There is no religious Reich, there is only believer OR infidel!

.. and of course, My Messenger. But that's about it. Nothing else matters, it's all about ME ME ME and either you serve me, or you die.

Or others die. Death to the Unbelievers, and all hear My servant, Buraq!

Comment

• FORD
                            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Dumbest.Alias.Ever.
                            Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• Blackflag
                              Banned
                              • Apr 2006

Originally posted by FORD
                              Dumbest.Alias.Ever.
                              Yeah, what kind of an asshole would post political bullshit as a deity?

Comment

Working...