Wanna watch the health care summit on line?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FORD
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Wanna watch the health care summit on line?

Watch the stream at the Sunlight Foundation - and know which corporations are sponsoring the guy who's talking....

Live - SunlightFoundation.com
    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992
  • kwame k
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    • Feb 2008

Awesome
    Originally posted by vandeleur
    E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• sadaist
      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
      • Jul 2004

Republicans seem to be saying a whole lot more than "NO". Too bad. That's gonna put a crimp on a lot of posters here concerning that argument.
      “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• kwame k
        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
        • Feb 2008

The exact opposite for me, Sadie.

It's what I want because at the end of the day, I don't care who, Repub or Demo, gives us health care reform.......just fucking do it. It'll never pass without Republican support.

The bill we have now sucks, period......show me who on this board supports it.....
        E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• sadaist
          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
          • Jul 2004

Originally posted by kwame k
          The bill we have now sucks, period......show me who on this board supports it.....

I can't point to anyone. Which is why I poke fun. No one wanted this piece of shit bloated bill, but chastised the Republicans for saying no to it. Everyone should be relieved it didn't get muscled through.
          “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• kwame k
            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
            • Feb 2008

Originally posted by sadaist
            I can't point to anyone. Which is why I poke fun. No one wanted this piece of shit bloated bill, but chastised the Republicans for saying no to it. Everyone should be relieved it didn't get muscled through.
            My point was and is....if they got something better, bring it.....instead of just saying No to everything.

Comment

• sadaist
              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
              • Jul 2004

I will say this, I loved seeing all of them talking for 7 hours with the President. Yeah, there was posturing and such...but this was unprecedented. I think they should do this every month. Mandatory. Regardless of the subject.

Comment

• jhale667
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Aug 2004

I will say this, I loved seeing all of them talking for 7 hours with the President. Yeah, there was posturing and such...but this was unprecedented. I think they should do this every month. Mandatory. Regardless of the subject.
                Agree, this should be done more often.

And this was yet further proof the POTUS doesn't need a teleprompter to kick Repuke ass...loved when he basically (and quite correctly) called spray-tan man a liar.
                Originally posted by conmee
                If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
                Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
                I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
                Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
                Originally posted by eddie78
                I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• ELVIS
                  Banned
                  • Dec 2003

Not gonna pass...

Comment

• jhale667
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Aug 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
                    Not gonna pass...
                    Actually, from what I'm hearing it's starting to look like it may. Perhaps you should watch something other than FAUX? :tongue0011:
                    If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

• sadaist
                      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                      • Jul 2004

Originally posted by jhale667
                      Agree, this should be done more often.

And this was yet further proof the POTUS doesn't need a teleprompter to kick Repuke ass...loved when he basically (and quite correctly) called spray-tan man a liar.

Yeah, but he made very clear before hand that this venue was not the place nor time for that type of rhetoric, and he broke his own rules...several times. At times he came off as a bit cocky, which I did not like. Especially during his closing statements basically threatening the Republicans that if they didn't go along, it would be pushed through anyways and they would pay in the upcoming elections.

And he was clearly sitting there on the Dems side. I had envisioned Democrats & Republicans both sharing ideas with the President sitting over both, but it turned out they just argued with one another and the Dems just happened to have the moderator on their side this time. He should have held himself above the two parties, treated them more closely the same, and given them roughly equal time. Instead he just played Democrat quarterback.

Breakdown was:

233 minutes to the Democrats
                      119 minutes to Republicans
                      110 minutes to the President (which would put the Dems at 343 minutes to Repubs 119)

Comment

• jhale667
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Aug 2004

At times he came off as a bit cocky, which I did not like. Especially during his closing statements basically threatening the Republicans that if they didn't go along, it would be pushed through anyways and they would pay in the upcoming elections.
                        I can see where you'd say that, but I'd disagree - I don't think he was ENOUGH of a dick, personally. The Repubs have NO plan other than "scrap it", so I don't feel they really even deserve equal time at this point. Or to even be taken seriously.

Agree he needs to preside over both factions, but in this case he just needs to get it DONE, and screw the Repubs regurgitating the same talking points...hell, the only thing spray-tan forgot to throw in was "death panels", or did I miss that?

The more examples the American people get of this - Republicans showing that they have NOTHING to offer other than filibusters, lies, and "NO" - the more they ARE going to pay for it later. Pity the Dems aren't more proactive and aggressive. They're dropping the ball, true- but at least they're playing...

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

I like how there is a little 'Owners' box to the right of who is speaking.

Maybe they should brand the politicians or at least dye their sides like you do with sheep.

Or cut a Merrill Lynch logo into their foreheads like Inglorious Bastards...

Comment

• BigBadBrian
                            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by jhale667
                            Republicans showing that they have NOTHING to offer other than filibusters, lies, and "NO" - playing...
                            You are quite ignorant of the facts, as usual. I guess the left-biased MSNBC didn't spoon feed you enough, huh?

Just an example of GOP ideas on health care reform:

What Americans want are common-sense, responsible solutions that address the rising cost of health care and other major problems. In the national Republican address on Saturday, October 31, 2009, House Republican Leader John Boehner (R-OH) discussed Republicans’ plan for common-sense health care reform our nation can afford. Boehner’s address emphasized four common-sense reforms that will lower health care costs and expand access to quality care without a government takeover of our nation’s health care system that kills jobs, raises taxes on small businesses, or cuts Medicare for seniors:

■Number one: let families and businesses buy health insurance across state lines.
                            ■Number two: allow individuals, small businesses, and trade associations to pool together and acquire health insurance at lower prices, the same way large corporations and labor unions do.
                            ■Number three: give states the tools to create their own innovative reforms that lower health care costs.
                            ■Number four: end junk lawsuits that contribute to higher health care costs by increasing the number of tests and procedures that physicians sometimes order not because they think it's good medicine, but because they are afraid of being sued.
                            For the full text of Leader Boehner’s address, click HERE.

ADDITIONAL COMMON-SENSE REPUBLICAN REFORM PROPOSALS

For more information about some of the other common-sense health care reforms proposed by Republicans, please visit the links below:

■Empowering Patients First Act (Republican Study Committee Health Care Reform Bill, introduced July 30, 2009)
                            ■Improving Health Care for All Americans Act (Shadegg Health Care Reform Bill, introduced July 14, 2009)
                            ■Medical Rights & Reform Act (Kirk-Dent Health Care Reform Bill, introduced June 16, 2009)
                            ■Help Efficient, Accessible, Low-cost, Timely Healthcare (HEALTH) Act (Gingrey medical liability reform bill, introduced June 6, 2009)
                            ■Small Business Health Fairness Act of 2009 (Johnson small business health plans bill, introduced May 21, 2009)
                            ■Promoting Health and Preventing Chronic Disease through Prevention and Wellness Programs for Employees, Communities, and Individuals Act of 2009 (Castle Wellness & Prevention Bill, introduced July 31, 2009)
                            ■Improved Employee Access to Health Insurance Act of 2009 (Deal auto-enrollment bill, introduced October 15, 2009)
                            ■Health Insurance Access for Young Workers and College Students Act of 2009 (Blunt bill to improve health insurance coverage of dependents, introduced October 21, 2009)
                            Health Care - GOP Solutions for America - GOP.gov
                            “If bullshit was currency, Joe Biden would be a billionaire.” - George W. Bush

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                              ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                              • Dec 2003

I thought it was a complete waste of time....Nothing but the same talking points from the Republicans, i.e. start over, step-by-step, yadda, yadda.....

Is the current bill a cure-all (no pun intended) ?? Of course not.

It's obvious to my old ass that the Republicans' agenda is to milk this and obstruct on everything, while at the same time blame it on the Democrats, until at a minimum the Midterm elections and try to get Congress back....
                              Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

Working...