X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Va Beach VH Fan
    ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    • Dec 2003

Edward Van Halen Undergoes Emergency Surgery

Official website includes news, tour and ticket information, merchandise, newsletters, photos, and links.

SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT
    Eddie Van Halen underwent an emergency surgery for a severe bout of Diverticulitis. No further surgeries are needed and a full recovery is expected within 4 - 6 months.

Van Halen's scheduled November 2012 tour of Japan is currently being rescheduled and the band looks forward to seeing and playing for their fans in 2013.
    Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth
  • VAiN
    Use my hand, I won't look
    ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Diverticulitis is small, bulging sacs or pouches of the inner lining of the intestine (diverticulosis) that become inflamed or infected. Most often, these pouches are in the large intestine (colon).
    Originally posted by wiseguy
    That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• VAiN
      ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

That was scary reading for a minute.. You hate seeing emergency surgery + EVH in the same sentence. Get well soon, Eddie!
      That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• TJMKID
        Veteran
        • Mar 2004

Best wishes for a speedy recovery, Ed.

Eddie will need to start eating more fiber, and smoking is a contributing factor. All the more reason to kick the cancer sticks to the curb.

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
        http://www.van-halen.com/

SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT
        Eddie Van Halen underwent an emergency surgery for a severe bout of Diverticulitis. No further surgeries are needed and a full recovery is expected within 4 - 6 months.

Van Halen's scheduled November 2012 tour of Japan is currently being rescheduled and the band looks forward to seeing and playing for their fans in 2013.

Comment

• FORD
          ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

It's some seriously painful shit. My dad went through this back in the early 90's. In terms of the diet, it can be a real pain in the ass (as well as the gut) because the prevailing medical wisdom at the time was that you had to eliminate any kind of seeds from the diet. Even little things you don't think about like tomatoes and strawberries. Also, things like corn and iceberg lettuce would be a big no, because your body doesn't actually digest them, which means they're likely to get stuck in these inflamed pouches.

Apparently the doctors have since walked back the whole seed-phobia thing, as long as you get plenty of fiber in your diet otherwise to help push all that through the system. My dad now religiously grinds up his flax seeds and drinks it with his orange juice every morning. Sounds gross, but it works.... he eats a normal diet and hasn't had an attack in years.
          Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• So this is love
            Veteran
            • Jan 2012

Get well soon Ed...that will put to rest any displeasing rumours about VH...
            Now who`s that babe with the fab-u-lous shad-ow?

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
              ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
              • Dec 2003

Yup.... Very, very painful from those who've had it...

Also can be very bloody....
              Last edited by Va Beach VH Fan; 08-29-2012, 08:30 PM.
              Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• TJMKID
                Veteran
                • Mar 2004

Originally posted by FORD
                It's some seriously painful shit. My dad went through this back in the early 90's. In terms of the diet, it can be a real pain in the ass (as well as the gut) because the prevailing medical wisdom at the time was that you had to eliminate any kind of seeds from the diet. Even little things you don't think about like tomatoes and strawberries. Also, things like corn and iceberg lettuce would be a big no, because your body doesn't actually digest them, which means they're likely to get stuck in these inflamed pouches.

Apparently the doctors have since walked back the whole seed-phobia thing, as long as you get plenty of fiber in your diet otherwise to help push all that through the system. My dad now religiously grinds up his flax seeds and drinks it with his orange juice every morning. Sounds gross, but it works.... he eats a normal diet and hasn't had an attack in years.

My 58 yr. old aunt had surgery for diverticulitis a few years ago. The "seed-phobia" has largely been debunked by medical science, although it's probably a good idea to stay away from eating lots of nuts, etc.

Ed just needs to quit smoking and take 2 or 3 tablespoons of Metamucil every morning. Ah, the lovely realities of middle age.

Comment

• FORD
                  ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
                  Yup.... Very, very painful from those who've had it...

Also can be very bloody....
                  If I remember correctly, the blood is what freaked my dad out more than the pain. He went to the doctor expecting something far worse, like cancer. Given Eddie's recent medical history, I'm sure that had to have crossed his mind.
                  Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• fraroc
                    Commando
                    • Jun 2012

The worst part is that..... Severe diverticulitis is what killed my grandfather

All I can say is if he dies, I'm jumping in the coffin with him, not to mention how fucking devastating it would be for Wolf if he lost his father, his mentor and best friend. Dave would unquestionably be devastated...
                    Last edited by fraroc; 08-29-2012, 08:40 PM.
                    How do you spell pretentious? S-A-M-M-Y H-A-G-A-R

Comment

• VAiN
                      ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Diverticulitis Down ... Too soon?

Comment

• vandeleur
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Sep 2009

Yeah , but funny tho
                        fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• Hardrock69
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Feb 2005

Swift recovery, Ed!

So this explains why tickets in Japan were yanked.

Comment

• SNIPER
                            Crazy Ass Mofo
                            • Jun 2004

Damn damn damn and fucking damn !!!!!

Comment

• SNIPER
                              Crazy Ass Mofo
                              • Jun 2004

My wife has this trouble, it fucking sucks. Some of the worst pain.

Comment

Working...