Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Momshell
    Veteran
    • Jan 2012

Shit - as much as Eddie has pissed me off in the past, I still love the guy and wish him all the best. He's been through too much medical crap in his life - hope this is the last of it.
    Stay Frosty!

THE DAY IS DONZO LET'S HAVE SOME FUNZO!!

Comment

• ashstralia
      ROTH ARMY ELITE
      • Feb 2004

Great post #5, FORD. The other thing the vast majority of us don't do is DRINK LOTS OF WATER.

Not sprite, mountain dew, 7 up or Mexican coke... H2O. Us Aussies have that drummed into us early.

Comment

• hitch1969©
        Sniper
        • Mar 2003

ford, you of ALL people. damn. damn. and double goddammit.
        ...get your hitchworld on.

Comment

• hitch1969©
          Sniper
          • Mar 2003

Originally posted by envy_me
          Poor Ed! Can't this guy just get a break?

I have never heard of this before. What causes it?
          insecurity + dysfunction with a little dash of entitlement.

oh, poor eddie's got cancer again!

yeah - alot of people have that magically go away, too.

Comment

• hitch1969©
            Sniper
            • Mar 2003

Originally posted by romeo delight
            i dunno hitch...emergency surgery...i don't think this is bogus. Of all the things to make up. This is legit
            got cancer?

Comment

• fraroc
              Commando
              • Jun 2012

Originally posted by hitch1969©
              got cancer?
              How do you spell pretentious? S-A-M-M-Y H-A-G-A-R

Comment

• ZahZoo
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Hate to hear of anyone with a serious illness no matter the cause, self induced or otherwise. Wish Ed all the best.

This explains the Japanese postponement without the Howdy Doody Spin™...
                "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• private parts
                  Sniper
                  • Jan 2007

Originally posted by FORD
                  Here's a good summary of the facts from Web MD:

Looks like surgery is only required in the most extreme cases. I know my dad never had to go through it.
                  Sounds like something drinking Hagar's tequilla would give you. Actually a buddy of mine has this & his doc told him its from a low fiber diet and to much alcohol (in his case).
                  sigpic" You ever notice when I scream I sound like Mr. Bill on acid" DLR

Comment

• chuckjitsu
                    Head Fluffer
                    • Apr 2012

Here's how good comes from not so good:

Ed recuperates from his latest health issue(s). Dave addresses any physical vocal issues if there are any and/or gets in '07-'08 form. Band releases new album late next summer and hits the road next fall. Roth Army rejoices.

Comment

• fraroc
                      Commando
                      • Jun 2012

Originally posted by private parts
                      Sounds like something drinking Hagar's tequilla would give you. Actually a buddy of mine has this & his doc told him its from a low fiber diet and to much alcohol (in his case).
                      Well, Ed hasn't had a drink since 2008. Which makes me think that he's been secretly hiding this disease for the past few months so he dosen't worry the fans, only now does he has a resurgence and its bad enough that he has to get surgery to get it taken care of. In one respect, its a good thing that this isn't colon cancer or anything of the sorts, and according to Kody Van Halen's FB page he isn't in the hospital anymore...so hopefully this means the prognosis is good.

Comment

• private parts
                        Sniper
                        • Jan 2007

I don't think alcohol is always the cause, but the cumulative effects of years on the bottle probably ain't helping things.
                        sigpic" You ever notice when I scream I sound like Mr. Bill on acid" DLR

Comment

• So this is love
                          Veteran
                          • Jan 2012

Had a freaking nightmare last night, starting with Ed getting sick, Dave decides to go on a solo venture again, Ed recuperates and is pissed at Dave going solo, Ed calls the 55 sucker to get even at Dave...Oh wait its 2012 and not 1984...
                          Now who`s that babe with the fab-u-lous shad-ow?

Comment

• fraroc
                            Commando
                            • Jun 2012

Originally posted by So this is love
                            Had a freaking nightmare last night, starting with Ed getting sick, Dave decides to go on a solo venture again, Ed recuperates and is pissed at Dave going solo, Ed calls the 55 sucker to get even at Dave...Oh wait its 2012 and not 1984...
                            the 55 sucker coming back to VH in 2013? I think the only thing worse than that is Ed dying :P

Comment

• TJMKID
                              Veteran
                              • Mar 2004

Originally posted by chuckjitsu
                              Band releases new album late next summer and hits the road next fall. Roth Army rejoices.

Van Halen can never play summer gigs anymore --- unless they book the outdoor sheds.

Dave's blower rants are some serious shit --- he won't back down on that issue esp. since he's getting older and his vocal cords are more sensitive to chilly A/C drafts.

However, fans won't tolerate being stuffed inside a steaming hot arena in the summer. We just survived record-breaking heat in the Northeast and I sure as hell won't pay to stand inside a 95F arena for 2 hours.

If Dave needs to have his way and yet not bankrupt a tour --- all future VH tours will need to operate between Oct. and June in the U.S.

Comment

• Never was
                                Foot Soldier
                                • May 2012

I have had this for 20 years. Been lucky to avoid big surgery so far.
                                There is NO way he has been hiding this for months. Its like an appendix bursting a pouch gets infected doesn't get treated and it eventually bursts. Its days not months and its sudden like an appendix ruture when it occurs and no he probably was barely able to stand let alone get on stage. Diet fiber etc is huge with this but in large part it is structural just the way the intestine is built, some folks have bigger pouches and the ones on the bends of the intestine track tend to get infected.

Get well soon Eddie and go to the damn doctor sooner putz.

Comment

Working...