Clear All
  • lesfunk
    Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Black Sabbath Album "13" due in June

From www.Black-Sabbath.com

New Album Called “13″, due in June
    JANUARY 12, 2013 BY JOE LEAVE A COMMENT
    Well, got some news tonight, including one piece I’m glad I don’t have to keep a secret anymore (the drummer). I’ll just get to it, since you don’t want to hear my blathering…
    BIRMINGHAM, ENGLAND (January 13, 2013)–Today, the 13th of January 2013, rock legends BLACK SABBATH have announced the title of their new album, 13, which will be released this June (exact date TBA). The original BLACK SABBATH–OZZY OSBOURNE (vocals), TONY IOMMI (guitar) and GEEZER BUTLER (bass)–have recorded the album primarily in Los Angeles and were joined at the sessions by drummer Brad Wilk (Rage Against The Machine). Produced by Rick Rubin (seven-time Grammy winner, two of those as Producer of the Year), the album will be released on Vertigo (worldwide) and Vertigo/Republic in the U.S. 13 marks the Grammy-winning, Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductees’ return to Vertigo, the band’s original label; it’s the group’s first studio album together since 1978’s Never Say Die! They have sold over 70 million albums together.
    In advance of the album’s release, BLACK SABBATH will head to New Zealand, Australia and Japan for live performances (see below for tour dates). Additional tour plans will be revealed in the coming months.
    BLACK SABBATH’s initial tour dates are as follows:

DATE CITY VENUE
    Sat 4/20 Auckland, New Zealand Vector Arena
    Mon 4/22 Auckland, New Zealand Vector Arena
    Thu 4/25 Brisbane, Australia Entertainment Centre
    Sat 4/27 Sydney, Australia All Phones Arena
    Mon 4/29 Melbourne, Australia Rod Laver Arena
    Wed 5/1 Melbourne, Australia Rod Laver Arena
    Sat 5/4 Perth, Australia Perth Arena
    Sun 5/12 Tokyo, Japan Ozzfest – Makuhari Messe
    http://gifsoup.com/imager.php?id=4448212&t=o GIFSoup
  • Dan
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jan 2004

Hide The Sheep From Ozzy.
    First Roth Army Kiwi To See Van Halen Live 6/16/2012 Phoenix Arizona.

Comment

• ashstralia
      ROTH ARMY ELITE
      • Feb 2004

i'm very tempted to go to this show.

Comment

• Zing!
        Veteran
        • Oct 2011

I will go if it's not $100 a ticket. Ashamed to say I've never seen Ozzy (I grew up in Iowa, which wasn't real neighborly to the Oz.)
        My karma just ran over your dogma.

Comment

• ELVIS
          Banned
          • Dec 2003

It will be more than $100 for sure...

Comment

• ELVIS
            Banned
            • Dec 2003

Comment

• binnie
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • May 2006

Please, please, please, please don't suck............
              The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• Hardrock69
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Feb 2005

I have seen all involved so many times I have no reason at all to spend my money seeing them again.

I will just wait for bootleg DVDs to check out any performances of new material they may give.

Comment

• Dave's Bitch
                  ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

Originally posted by binnie
                  Please, please, please, please don't suck............
                  Can't be much worse than Never Say Die.One of my least favorite Sabbath albums
                  I really love you baby, I love what you've got
                  Let's get together we can, Get hot

Comment

• Terry
                    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Hardrock69
                    I have seen all involved so many times I have no reason at all to spend my money seeing them again.

I will just wait for bootleg DVDs to check out any performances of new material they may give.
                    I'm somewhat interested in the new material...much, much more than I'll ever be interested in any Ozzy solo material.

I really am unsure if I'll see them live or not (presuming they actually tour the states)...on the con side, I just don't have much use for Ozzy Osbourne anymore. I'll never negate his contributions to the Sabbath material or his first two solo albums, but beyond Diary Of A Madman the rest of Ozzy's career is pretty much disposable to me.

Ozzy's voice went well with what Geezer and Tony were doing...but then again so did Ronnie James Dio...and Ian Gillan. I guess the lure for me would be to see if the three of them can come up with anything good (it's a shame Ward isn't gonna be there, but his lack of participation isn't a deal-breaker for me anymore: I've seen Sabbath twice without him, and didn't feel cheated by him not being there at those shows then, so seeing Sabbath now without him would be traditional for me as a fan).

Also, Geezer and Tony are loud as fuck live. Also, sad to say, depending on the state of Tony's health, this may be the last time I get a chance to see him play.
                    Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• binnie
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • May 2006

Originally posted by Dave's Bitch
                      Can't be much worse than Never Say Die.One of my least favorite Sabbath albums
                      Did you hear the two new 'songs' on the live reunion record from 1997? Fucking woeful........

(Saw 'em at Donnington last year though, and they're still good live. Not as good as the rose-tinted reviews would suggest, but good nonetheless)

Comment

• binnie
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • May 2006

Originally posted by Terry
                        I'm somewhat interested in the new material...much, much more than I'll ever be interested in any Ozzy solo material.

I really am unsure if I'll see them live or not (presuming they actually tour the states)...on the con side, I just don't have much use for Ozzy Osbourne anymore. I'll never negate his contributions to the Sabbath material or his first two solo albums, but beyond Diary Of A Madman the rest of Ozzy's career is pretty much disposable to me.

Ozzy's voice went well with what Geezer and Tony were doing...but then again so did Ronnie James Dio...and Ian Gillan. I guess the lure for me would be to see if the three of them can come up with anything good (it's a shame Ward isn't gonna be there, but his lack of participation isn't a deal-breaker for me anymore: I've seen Sabbath twice without him, and didn't feel cheated by him not being there at those shows then, so seeing Sabbath now without him would be traditional for me as a fan).

Also, Geezer and Tony are loud as fuck live. Also, sad to say, depending on the state of Tony's health, this may be the last time I get a chance to see him play.
                        If you haven't already, I'd really recommend giving Ozzy's last solo record ('Scream') a spin. Surprisingly good.

Comment

• ELVIS
                          Banned
                          • Dec 2003

Scream is one of Ozzy's best albums...

Every song is good...

Comment

• Hardrock69
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Terry
                            .....Also, sad to say, depending on the state of Tony's health, this may be the last time I get a chance to see him play.
                            That is one reason I would go.

Comment

• Matt White
                              • Jun 2004

No BILL WARD............

it'll still be good....just not BLACK SABBATH good.....

Bill has a unique groove.....and is a MOFO on the drums.....

It won't sound right....

saw em in '99 with PANTERA & The Deftones............

no reason to see 75% of SABBATH just so Sharon can stuff a few more bucks in her purse

Comment

Working...