X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Seshmeister
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Hagar and bass player seek a fan to phone them

Sammy Hagar has announced that he is recording a radio special this Monday to launch his new album, "Sammy Hagar And Friends", and he and his Van Halen and Chickenfoot bandmate Michael Anthony have invited fans to submit questions for the program.

The Red Rocker's website provided these details about how fans can submit questions "Fans can emailing questions NOW to sammyandmikeyquestions@gmail.com and, if yours is chosen, the producers will notify you via email. Please include your phone number, preferably a landline, so Sammy can call and put you on the air, sometime between 4 and 7 p.m. ET on Monday September 9. The show will start airing the weekend of September 21st."

Due September 24, "Sammy Hagar And Friends" marks the Red Rocker's first solo release in five years and sees him team up with a variety of artists, including Kid Rock, Nancy Wilson (Heart), Ronnie Dunn (Brooks & Dunn), Neal Schon (Journey, HSAS), Chickenfoot pals Chad Smith, Michael Anthony and Joe Satriani; Montrose bandmates Bill Church and Denny Carmassi, his solo band The Wabos and more.

More at the link above...

Someone should troll this...
  • baru911
    Head Fluffer
    • Jun 2012

Can somebody ask him why he's gained so much weight sense he left Van Halen? Is it depression or something else? It must be hard for him to fit into the Ronald McDonald outfits he used to wear from yesteryear.
    Just remember boys and girls, to get Nick the Dick and his partner FORD off your porch when they come to your home you just need to pay them for the pizza.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
      SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Dear Sam, do you believe in our Second Amendment rights like Ted Nugent does and do you own a gun? And if so, can you please insert it in your mouth without eating it?

Comment

• Nickdfresh
        SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister

Someone should troll this...
        It's prerecorded, which means he'll edit out the fans who ask him how it "felt to ruin Van Halen?".

Comment

• Igosplut
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

If all his fans ask questions, It'll be easy. He'll only have to answer three....
          Chainsaw Muthuafucka

Comment

• vandeleur
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Sep 2009

I have a question , did he enjoy being in a van halen cover band .
            Would he consider being in any other cover bands
            fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• FORD
              ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by baru911
              Can somebody ask him why he's gained so much weight sense he left Van Halen? Is it depression or something else? It must be hard for him to fit into the Ronald McDonald outfits he used to wear from yesteryear.
              Probably the fact that he's a man in his late 60s living on tequila and Mexican food might have a lot to do with it.
              Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• sadaist
                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                • Jul 2004

Honest question.

Let's pretend I'm regular Joe fan of Sammy Hagar. What is the draw for me to buy this album? "...and friends?" Like it's something new & exciting? These are the same exact people he has been playing live & recording with for over a decade. I just don't see the draw here, even for a Hagar fan.

Just come out with a plain Sammy Hagar album with some rock tunes on it like he used to do. No Wabos, so tres amigos or whatever, no turkey gizzard, no Montrose, just regular Sammy Hagar playing rock music. No tequila, no Jimmy Buffet, no country music, no Van halen stuff, no Cabo. Regular old Sammy Hagar.

At least I could respect that.
                “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• sadaist
                  TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                  • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                  It's prerecorded, which means he'll edit out the fans who ask him how it "felt to ruin Van Halen?".

Apparently it felt like $80 million dollars....
                  “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• Seshmeister
                    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

I would like to ask him how long they spent writing the Chickenfoot albums.

Maybe I'm completely wrong and they did sell well enough but it sounds like it was about an afternoon per album...

Comment

• Hardrock69
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                      What is stopping you? I mean, go ahead and call! And if you are only allowed to leave a message....so what? Why not call them like, 30 times a day for a few days and leave the message "Hey Sammy, how's it feel knowing you ruined Van Halen???"

Comment

• Hardrock69
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Feb 2005

sadaist hit the nail on the head.

Comment

• Hardrock69
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Feb 2005

By the way....so the sad bastard has to dream up some pathetic reason for fans to get interested in his rekkurd? Oooo! I might get a call from Spambot The Unimaginable!!!!

Only the truly great artists can do a "duets" record and make it great....even when phoning it in....like Sinatra....Spambot can't sell the record on his own. This is campaign to save his record.

"Ooo lets have a bunch of people on it who are even more famous than I am....or at least as famous....or not as famous....whatever....so I can make it an all-star record and actually make the suck all better....."

"Then I can call the fan of my choosing and they can tell me how great I am when I know that in reality I suck.....then I can thank them for buying my record, and listen to them blather on and then say Yeah yeah bye.....*click* zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.............."

Comment

• Hardrock69
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Feb 2005

Comment

• Halen High
                              Commando
                              • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                              I would like to ask him how long they spent writing the Chickenfoot albums.

Maybe I'm completely wrong and they did sell well enough but it sounds like it was about an afternoon per album...
                              I don't know the latest figures, but I remember Chickenfoot III had US sales of 84,000 when it entered its final week on Billboards top 200 album chart. For a 'supergroup' with a lot of promotional effort behind it, I think that's a pretty ordinary commercial outcome. I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of Satriani fans dropped off after hearing the first album.

I believe their first album sold 'well' (500,000?) but was heavily discounted - almost given away not that long after its release - and since then hard rock album sales have fallen drastically.

Comment

Working...