Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Halen High
    Commando
    • Jul 2004

In a September 6 interview with CBS, Sammy admitted that a lot of the music he made with Van Halen is not worth playing again.

Referring to his work with Van Halen, Sammy said, "I will play 'Right Now' and 'Finish What Ya Started,' 'Why Can't This Be Love,' 'Dreams' for the rest of my life...There are a lot of songs that I won't," he said. "But those songs will be played for the rest of my life because they were great, great, great."

There are a lot of Van Hagar songs that he won't revisit? Wow...what an admission.

Comment

• sonrisa salvaje
      Veteran
      • Jun 2005

Sammy and Kid Crock are the ultimate leeches so not surprising to see them sucking each other off on this record.
      RIDE TO LIVE, LIVE TO RIDE
      LET `EM ROLL ONE MORE TIME

Comment

• Hardrock69
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Feb 2005

Wish he would not revisit any of them. Period.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
          ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Originally posted by Halen High
          In a September 6 interview with CBS, Sammy admitted that a lot of the music he made with Van Halen is not worth playing again.

Referring to his work with Van Halen, Sammy said, "I will play 'Right Now' and 'Finish What Ya Started,' 'Why Can't This Be Love,' 'Dreams' for the rest of my life...There are a lot of songs that I won't," he said. "But those songs will be played for the rest of my life because they were great, great, great."

There are a lot of Van Hagar songs that he won't revisit? Wow...what an admission.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-207_162-...ith-van-halen/
          Surprisingly, in his book, he did seem genuinely embarrassed about some of the lyrics he offered up in those days. I would bet that this recent admission is a way of distancing him from some of his shittiest work ever without putting the full blame, or any blame for that matter, on himself. The man is top notch at not claiming responsibility for anything that went bad in Van Hagar, which was pretty much everything.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
            ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Originally posted by Halen High

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-207_162-...ith-van-halen/
            The last paragraph says it all. The "trick" he learned when he left Van Hagar was to make money while being on vacation. And of coarse, his life is a vacation. The guy finally admits to completely ripping off Buffet. Great guy.

Comment

• Zing!
              Veteran
              • Oct 2011

"Mr. Haggar, I really liked you on that one Montrose album. My question is, how did it feel to perform 'Jump' for ten years, and why, during the course of 1986-1996, could you never convince Edward Van Halen to drop it from the setlist? You could have done us all a tremendous favor. Thanks for calling and good luck with your novelty album!"
              My karma just ran over your dogma.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                • Dec 2003

Invisible Man®©™ knows I'll bash Bette at every conceivable opportunity, but I give him credit for at least doing this....

Ever seen DLR or the VH boys do a moderated Q & A with the fans ??

Didn't think so.....
                Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Terry
                  TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                  • Jan 2004

On some level, it probably does irk Hagar that he'll always be considered by many as an average talent and not even close to being the definitive singer for Van Halen. I'd be willing to bet, though, that the boatloads of money he has made is an ample consolation. To read Hagar's book, you'd think the guy really does believe that what he and Eddie Van Halen did was on the same level as Jagger/Richards, Page/Plant and Lennon/McCartney, when the reality was that it wasn't even as good as it was with the previous lead singer.
                  Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• vandeleur
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Sep 2009

Yeah, I always think hagar as a singer reminds me of the old john Lennon joke when someone asks is ringo the best drummer in the world and Lennon replies he isn't even the best drummer in the Beatles .
                    fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                      ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                      • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Terry
                      On some level, it probably does irk Hagar that he'll always be considered by many as an average talent and not even close to being the definitive singer for Van Halen. I'd be willing to bet, though, that the boatloads of money he has made is an ample consolation. To read Hagar's book, you'd think the guy really does believe that what he and Eddie Van Halen did was on the same level as Jagger/Richards, Page/Plant and Lennon/McCartney, when the reality was that it wasn't even as good as it was with the previous lead singer.

It also doesn't help when you have tools like Eddie Trunk dish out blatant lies like "they were more successful with Sammy"...

Of course, I shot his ass down on Twitter for that, but he's said it dozens of times for his buddy.....
                      Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Kristy
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Aug 2004

Hope your Trailer Park '13 Tour works out for you, fatso.

Comment

• Halen High
                          Commando
                          • Jul 2004

Originally posted by DLR Bridge
                          The last paragraph says it all. The "trick" he learned when he left Van Hagar was to make money while being on vacation. And of coarse, his life is a vacation. The guy finally admits to completely ripping off Buffet. Great guy.
                          Reading this interview, it's hard to believe this guy once fronted one of the most street-cred bands in rock n' roll history.

Comment

• Halen High
                            Commando
                            • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
                            It also doesn't help when you have tools like Eddie Trunk dish out blatant lies like "they were more successful with Sammy"...

Of course, I shot his ass down on Twitter for that, but he's said it dozens of times for his buddy.....
                            A lot of people look at Van Hagar's 'four number one albums' status and fail to see the bigger picture behind that statistic...starting with ordinary overall sales despite a highly commercial approach. Those sales were even more disappointing as 'Van Halen' had been established as the biggest name in hard rock by 1985, and Van Hagar was around during the genre's most popular era. Finally, and worst of all, with Sammy they ceased to be an influence, particularly from OU812 onwards. They very quickly lost their cred with their peers who preferred to only talk about 'the Roth era' or 'Old School VH'....

Of course, Eddie Trunk doesn't mention any of this...

More successful? What a joke.
                            Last edited by Halen High; 09-07-2013, 10:17 PM.

Comment

• Halen High
                              Commando
                              • Jul 2004

Originally posted by DLR Bridge
                              Surprisingly, in his book, he did seem genuinely embarrassed about some of the lyrics he offered up in those days. I would bet that this recent admission is a way of distancing him from some of his shittiest work ever without putting the full blame, or any blame for that matter, on himself. The man is top notch at not claiming responsibility for anything that went bad in Van Hagar, which was pretty much everything.
                              I haven't read his book, other than the excerpts provided by fans at the VHND. There was one comprehensive list exposing all the lies, compiled by a guy who actually likes Sammy! Yeah I'm surprised he's faced up to his lyrical short-comings. But Eddie and Alex hired him and let him get away with it for years...

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                                ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

I remember that list. The guy's name was Adam, right? He completely tore S.H. a new one. I was shocked to here he was a fan, too.

Comment

Working...