• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Warham
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Mar 2004

Detroit Sports Thread

Yep...

I must say I've been most impressed by Kevin Jones the last three weeks...

Although Arizona isn't that good, he had 196 yards and a TD today.

Detroit might actually have a chance at that wild card after Minnesota lost to the Bears today!
  • POJO_Risin
    Roth Army Caesar
    • Mar 2003

Don't worry...Alinchainz will be posting here...

lmfao...if I don't delete it first...
    "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
      ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
      • Dec 2003

LMFAO, Lions chatter......

Have at it fellas....
      Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• POJO_Risin
        Roth Army Caesar
        • Mar 2003

more like chattering teeth...lmfao...

I like the Lions...their future looks bright...not sold on Harrington though...
        "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• ALinChainz
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by POJO_Risin
          Don't worry...Alinchainz will be posting here...

lmfao...if I don't delete it first...
          At least I get one post in then.

We'll keep it rolling Warham ... They played pretty well today, got breaks they normally don't.

Kevin Jones finally getting a chance.

The offensive line will have to be addressed in the off-season, maybe another LB.

Harrington will get next season to prove it.

Charles Rogers may not ever stay healthy, so here is the first vote for trying to grab Braylon Edwards.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
            Roth Army Caesar
            • Mar 2003

Well...let me say this...

They oughta sign some one (not McMahon) who can take over or push Harrington...because he plays like hes running around on eggshells...

Comment

• Warham
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Mar 2004

If Harrington can be consistent, they'll be alright.

If they can get Rogers back next year, they'll be set at the skill positions. Don't know if Corey will be back...hope so.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                Roth Army Caesar
                • Mar 2003

Well...I doubt they'll look to a receiver in the draft...

I still think they think Rogers will be healthy...and it's still possible...we'll see...

If Rogers is healthy...with Williams and Jones...

and a consistent Harrington...

many...talk about skill positions...

Comment

• ALinChainz
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Jan 2004

Locking up Shaun Rogers in the off-season is going to take major coin.

Detroit is in excellent shape with the cap, so we should be able to add FA's also.

Boss Bailey being out this season has been a big hole on our defense.

Comment

• Lou

Detroit might want to talk to San Diego as they're going to have to commit to one QB and let the other go. Obviously Rivers hasn't done anything in the NFL though.

Actually you gotta think that a LOT of teams will be talking to San Diego, starting with the likes of Miami and Chicago.

Comment

• ALinChainz
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Jan 2004

I'd rather Detroit take a shot at Brees if they are going to get involved. Chicago might not be ready to give up on Rex Grossman, but then again, Lovie Smith inherited him, he didn't draft him.

You never know. Going to be some vets alvailable this off season too.

Comment

• Matt White
                        • Jun 2004

Just nice to see an actual RUNNING GAME in DETROIT again!

Comment

• Warham
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Mar 2004

I was soo goddamned angry on Sunday. That had to be the angriest I've been since Detroit lost to the Eagles in the '95 playoffs.

I'm not one to make blind leaps but Joey Harrington should be immediately benched for the remainder of his career. The Lions could have EASILY won that game against Green Bay. All they had to do was score two fucking field goals in the second half and it would have been over. Goood fucking grief!

Well, at least we finally have a legitimate successor to Barry Sanders. Now we just need a fucking quarterback.

Comment

• ALinChainz
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Jan 2004

Streets dropped an easy one, he has been nothing since getting here.

Shaun Rogers did not help us none whatsoever with his stupid penalties. The line is shaky where we thought it would be a strength.

Joey used to get rid of it, now he gets sacked. Backus I thought might be a solid tackle, but he has slid back in his play this year also.

Comment

• Warham
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Mar 2004

Joey was 4-22 in that game. 4 out of 22??? It's unacceptable for a high school quarterback to have a completion percentage like that.

Comment

Working...