X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • POJO_Risin
    Roth Army Caesar
    • Mar 2003

Thing is War...

I know you are publically thinking 9-7...

but I think Detroit could do much...much better than that if they are healthy...
    "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• Warham
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Mar 2004

I don't want to get too greedy now, Pojo.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
        Roth Army Caesar
        • Mar 2003

15-1???

I said 9-7 last year...before the season started with this caveat...

I would change it if Ben became starter for the Steelers...

lmfao...I'm not prophetic often...

but that was 1 I don't mind talkin' about...

won't have that next year though...My steelers are doin' enough...
        "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• Warham
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Mar 2004

I do like what the Lions have done in the offseason, even if I'm not too keen on Garcia.

Comment

• ALinChainz
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Jan 2004

Pretty sure we lost like 6 or 7 games by a TD or less, and we had leads vs GB and Minny in the 4th qtr of those games.

Health is the biggest issue.

Comment

• Warham
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Mar 2004

Charles Rogers is my biggest concern by far. If we can get TWO good receivers, we'll be that much better.

Comment

• ALinChainz
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Jan 2004

Dude, if Rogers can stay healthy ... look out.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                  Roth Army Caesar
                  • Mar 2003

IMO...he doesn't have to stay healthy to look out...they just need Jones to stay healthy...RW to stay healthy...

Harrington not to bite them in the ass by making costly mistakes...

Pollard to be the old Pollard...not just old...

and the D to stay healthy...

If Rogers is healthy...the go from a good team...to a great one...

and IMO...they just have to stay the course...

Comment

• ALinChainz
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Jan 2004

Just sometimes you find yourself thinking, "that could be Andre Johnson over there opposite Roy ... "

Health will always be the big issure, but it is for everyone. Just seemed to be cursed lately.

Comment

• ALinChainz
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Jan 2004

Garcia says he's ready for backup role -- and will be ready to start

March 14, 2005

ALLEN PARK, Mich. (AP) -- Though Jeff Garcia believes still he can be a successful starter in the NFL, he has accepted his new role as the Lions' backup quarterback.

``I'm not there to create any friction, I'm not there to create any controversy,'' Garcia said in a conference call Monday, two days after agreeing to a one-year, $2 million deal. ``I'm just there to add strength to the position.''

Coach Steve Mariucci, who coached Garcia for four years in San Francisco, was adamant that Joey Harrington will be Detroit's starting quarterback when the season begins in September.

Before signing the 35-year-old Garcia, the Lions targeted a group of veterans that included Garcia, former NFL MVP Kurt Warner and Brad Johnson. Warner signed with Arizona, leaving the door open for Garcia to choose the Lions over Seattle and Denver.

Mariucci said Garcia's age isn't a concern, comparing him to Steve Young, who also played for Mariucci in San Francisco.

``(Veteran quarterbacks) aren't thinking retirement, they're not thinking old age, they're thinking about getting better and that's what makes these guys tick and keeps them motivated,'' Mariucci said.

During his five years with the 49ers, Garcia threw for 16,408 yards and 113 touchdowns and was a Pro Bowl selection three straight times from 2000-2002.

Garcia then signed with Cleveland last year. He started 10 of 11 games before ending the season on injured reserve. The Browns released him last month.

Despite coming as the backup, Garcia said he will be ready to start if the situation arises.

``It's hard to swallow that I'm not coming into a situation where I'm at least able to compete or to be that guy (that starts),'' Garcia said. ``But it's something that is reality right now and something that I will have to accept.''

Comment

• Warham
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Mar 2004

35 years old...yeesh.

Comment

• ALinChainz
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Jan 2004

Let's hope he doesn't play.

Comment

• ALinChainz
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Jan 2004

Lions make Holland linebackers coach

March 15, 2005

ALLEN PARK, Mich. (AP) -- The Detroit Lions elevated Johnny Holland to linebackers coach Tuesday and hired Phil Snow as a defensive assistant.

Holland replaces Richard Smith, hired earlier this month as the Miami Dolphins' defensive coordinator. Snow will fill the position Holland has held for the last two seasons.

Before joining the Lions, Holland spent three seasons with the Seattle Seahawks, first as assistant special teams/assistant strength and conditioning coach (2000), then as linebackers coach (2001-02). He coached in Green Bay from 1995-99.

Snow spent the past two seasons with the Washington Huskies, the last as defensive coordinator.

Comment

• Warham
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Mar 2004

I'm still wincing from the Garcia signing.

Comment

• ALinChainz
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Jan 2004

I know ... not my first choice either ... just hoping he serves as the extended coach due to his years under Mooch. He did go to 3 Pro Bowls under him, but his playing days are over in my opinion.

Best case scenario, he plays what other #2's do ... mop up.

Comment

Working...