Packers vs. Vikings

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lou

John Elway was FAR, FAR superior in his 30's than Brett Favre is in his 30's. Wasn't he 37 or 38 when he won the SB's? What's Favre now, 34? And four straight poor playoff showings.

Comment

• MAX
      Rotharmy Gladiator

DIAMOND STATUS
      • Jan 2004

Well, I'm NEVER going to diss my man Elway cos I have a shrine to him and The Broncos in a hallway of my house. Fuck, I even have a framed Orange Crush jersey signed by Elway. Heck, even on of our dogs is named "Elway" and that is no joke. I'm a Broncos fanatic.

However, I STILL think Favre is great. He just doesn't have the team or system.
      EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

Comment

• POJO_Risin
        Roth Army Caesar
        • Mar 2003

Offensively...Green Bay has MORE than Denver did back in the day...

Walker, Driver and Ahman...along with Favre...

his defense blows...but that's not why they lost today...

they lost because of Favre...whether those pics were his fault or not...

Favre wasn't on his game today...you can look at it for what it is...and say it's a one game deal...or you can look at it like Lou...and justify McNabb's greatness by shitting on him for the past four years...
        "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• POJO_Risin
          Roth Army Caesar
          • Mar 2003

I agree with most of what Lou says...McNabb's probably better right now at winning than Favre is...for whatever reason you might think...

but I wouldn't say Favre is washed up...as Lou says...
          "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• MAX
            Rotharmy Gladiator

DIAMOND STATUS
            • Jan 2004

EXACTLY!!!

When Favre is hot. The guy is insane but I'll agree that he blew goatballs today.
            EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

Comment

• VH Freak
              Roth Army Recruit
              • Jan 2004

I do know how anyone can say Favre is washed up. Is he as good as he was in his prime? Of course not but the dude passed for over 4,000 yards and had 30TD passes this year. I wouldn't call that washed up. There was only two other QB's in the league that had over 4,000 yards and at least 30 TD passes.

I will disagree with Lou who said Elway was FAR FAR better than Favre in his 30's. All you have to do is look at the stats.

By the way, interesting stat. I'm not knocking Elway because I love the guy but Favre has more TD passes AND less INT's than Elway.
              Webmaster
              ClassicVanHalen.com

Comment

Working...