Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • POJO_Risin
    Roth Army Caesar
    • Mar 2003

"Contender: Season One" champion Sergio Mora and "Contender: Season One" finalist Peter Manfredo Jr picked up where they left off in their championship contest backin May, fighting to an exciting eight-round split decision Saturday night at the Staples Center in Los Angeles. Mora was cut over the left eye in round one and outworked significantly in the punch stats, but did enough to win 77-75 on two cards. Manfredo was ahead 77-75 on the third card. Fightnews scored it 76-76.
    "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• Dave's Bitch
      ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

GRRRRRRRR

i just watched the re matches,they showed um for the first time here tonight.WHAT THE HELL MATCH WERE THE JUDGES WATCHING!!!!!!.Manfredo owned sergio's ass all that fight,sergio had 1 round and thats it.I think its fucking disgusting the judges should be fired from that.they pulled the same shit in the anthony jesse fight,anthony handed jesse's ass to him the whole fight but the winner by unanimous decision,jesse.WHAT THE HELL grrrr its made me mad.The alfonso gomez fight was good although i felt it was stopped too soon.but i am completely disgusted by the main event.sergio is a paper champion,manfredo won the damn fight hands down.

grr it makes me mad

I really love you baby, I love what you've got
      Let's get together we can, Get hot

Comment

• POJO_Risin
        Roth Army Caesar
        • Mar 2003

Barrage by Manfredo ends bout in third roundBy Thomas Gerbasi
        MaxBoxing.com

PROVIDENCE, R.I. -- The snow may have postponed Sunday's "East Coast Pride" show at the Dunkin' Donuts Center, but the storm didn't let up when the card finally got underway Monday night, as hometown super-middleweight hero Peter Manfredo Jr. was nearly flawless in stopping fellow New Englander Scott Pemberton in three one-sided rounds.

It was a stirring display of punching variety and power from "The Contender" star, who had logged only 10 knockouts in his previous 24 wins. As for Pemberton, 39, who has been known throughout his 11-year career for his resiliency and his memorable wars with Omar Sheika, it was obvious from the start of the bout that he had seen better days.

"Maybe I got old tonight," 39-year-old Scott Pemberton (left) said after failing to last three rounds against Peter Manfredo Jr.
        "What can I say?" Pemberton said. "Maybe I got old tonight. I didn't feel comfortable getting into the ring tonight. I felt very stiff and awkward, and I never got into any mode."

"The Pride of Providence" must have sensed it, too, and he fought accordingly.

"I wanted to take him out early," Manfredo said. "I felt extremely strong tonight."

From the opening bell, Manfredo showed little respect for Pemberton's punching power, standing right in front of the veteran as he picked him apart with quick 1-2s and a radar-like right hand that rarely missed the mark.

The second round held more of the same, with Manfredo standing in the pocket, beating Pemberton to the punch and deftly eluding most of the return fire.

Early in the third, Manfredo struck, hurting Pemberton with a left hook, and then after a bit of shoe-shining, dropping his foe with a beautiful right uppercut to the jaw. Manfredo immediately jumped on his former sparring partner, digging to the body and sending Pemberton down a second time with a right hand to the head. One final barrage was all it took then, with referee Richard Flaherty wisely calling the bout off at 2:06 of the third round.

With the win, Manfredo improves to 25-3 with 11 KOs; Pemberton, who was coming off a knockout loss to 168-pound king Jeff Lacy, falls to 29-5-1 with 24 KOs.

"The Contender's" Miguel Espino improved to 11-2-1 (4 KOs) in the co-feature with a six round unanimous decision over Dorian Beaupierre of Orlando, Fla., who after an 11-1 start is 1-4-2 in his past seven bouts.

In the opener, Mohammad Said finished strong en route to a four-round majority decision over "Contender" alum Jonathan Reid. The scores were 39-37 twice and 38-38 for Said, who improves to 18-4 with 10 KOs. Reid, who has lost three in a row, falls to 33-4 with 19 KOs.

2004 U.S. Olympian Jason Estrada took a big step up in competition against Cuba's Yanqui Diaz, but a first-round clash of heads rendered Diaz unable to continue due to a cut, and the bout was halted and ruled a no-decision.
        "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• redblkwht
          Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Thx for the update POJO, IT WASNT AVAIL HERE IN the valley..
          kinda pissed, but hope to see the new contender series coming soon.
          hope its as good as the 1st season, i dont see espn dropping the
          ball either.

EUAS

Comment

• POJO_Risin
            Roth Army Caesar
            • Mar 2003

I don't know much about it...haven't paid much attention...but really hope it's good young heavyweights...

I really think if they could get someone through it undefeated and impressive...it could make a major impact in the heavyweight division...as long as that fucking electric shock mook doesn't control it...

Comment

• redblkwht
              Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

i missed last night, anyone see it?
              was it good?

im looking to see if theres a replay, damn my sale is on at
              wk & the local listings here
              said it was 10 pm, they were wrong..fuckers lol

EUAS

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                Roth Army Caesar
                • Mar 2003

I didn't watch it, and can't imagine it won't get replayed.

Comment

• DlocRoth
                  ROCKSTAR

• Jan 2004

Why don't they do a heavyweight class?

Walters......fucking 150.......
                  Fuck Scott Weiland. Fucking asshole. I get trashed all the time and still go to work. And my job sucks ass. -ODShowtime

Comment

• redblkwht
                    Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

I liked gary, incredible power
                    but no defense, kinda like
                    a hybrid jake lamotta..he took a beating too but won.

guys this is good!!!!!

EUAS

Comment

• redblkwht
                      Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Anywhoo..this new series i think is way better than last year...

you fellas, wake up!

why arent you watching?
                      your all definatly missing out
                      your loss

EUAS

Comment

• redblkwht
                        Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Yet tonight another bomb fest..
                        I think the head butt was on purpose.
                        The beginning of tonight set up another great match in the next bracket, sweet!!!

EUAS

Comment

• redblkwht
                          Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

anyone see last nights knockout? WOW
                          I havent seen a KO like that in years!!
                          watch the replay i dont wanna
                          ruin the outcome for you watchers.

EUAS

Comment

• redblkwht
                            Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

anyone see this fight? lol
                            you guys are leading some boring fucking evenings, jeez

BUMP!!

EUAS

Comment

• binnie
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • May 2006

The new series hasn't started to air over here yet: what weight category are they doing?
                              The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• redblkwht
                                Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Middleweight, the English team
                                won the 1st we got the 2nd
                                on a last 30 sec KO in the 8th..

Im definatly tuned in..

Gomez is fighting tuesday for all you haters

I think both teams are impressive.

EUAS