Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • POJO_Risin
    Roth Army Caesar
    • Mar 2003

What the fuck was that Saturday Night Live skit that Mike Myers used to do...

Sprockets???
    "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• POJO_Risin
      Roth Army Caesar
      • Mar 2003

Fucking Dieter...

or should we say...

Pete...

"Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• POJO_Risin
        Roth Army Caesar
        • Mar 2003

Here we go with the Steelers...Staley...a fucking bust thusfar...down and out...

looks like Parker and Bettis are going to be sharing time if this turns into a serious injury...

which I'd bet on...

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
          ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
          • Dec 2003

Doesn't look like anything serious.....

But you're right, it'd be nice to have him for a full season....
          Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• POJO_Risin
            Roth Army Caesar
            • Mar 2003

Well...it doesn't look serious...

but they said the same thing about the hammy last year...

I'd say this too...there was fluid on the knee...

which generally means surgery at some point...

I would love to have BOTH of the backs fresh during post season...

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
              ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
              • Dec 2003

Yeah, but at the same time they have a good insurance policy in Parker....

Also sounds like the WR corps is looking really well, waiting for Hines to show up....

Looking like Cedrick Wilson is meshing with Ben pretty well...

And I think Zamir Cobb will make the team this year, assuming he doesn't break his leg again....

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                Roth Army Caesar
                • Mar 2003

Yeah Va...check out the rumor mill thread...I've been rollin' with this topic there as well...

I know you are high on Cobb...but I just don't see this receiving corp the same way you do.

Cedrick Wilson...IMO...isn't going to be the guy they want him to be...and without WARD...this could be their worst receiving corp since the post Lipps era...

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                  Roth Army Caesar
                  • Mar 2003

and as much as I like Parker...he still has to prove it over a longer period than 2 carries here...and 2 carries there...

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                    ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                    • Dec 2003

Oh, I agree with you on Wilson, if Hines isn't in there, it changes the whole shebang...

As far as Parker goes, he looked damn good vs. the 1st string of the Bills in game 16 last year....

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                      Roth Army Caesar
                      • Mar 2003

Yeah...I won't disagree with you on how Parker looked in 1 game...against a team that quite honestly...laid an egg...

I think Parker is a real deal...but right now...if Pittsburgh were to put all its eggs in Willie Parker's basket...

you and I would both be shitting our pants...

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                        Roth Army Caesar
                        • Mar 2003

Staley to undergo tests on sore knee
                        Story Tools: Print Email
                        Associated Press
                        Posted: 27 minutes ago

LATROBE, Pa. (AP) - The Pittsburgh Steelers' two-man running back rotation was missing both of its main components in practice Saturday, and Duce Staley's sore right knee is becoming a concern.

Staley missed most of the second half of last season with a sore right hamstring - allowing Jerome Bettis to nearly get another 1,000-yard season - and he has sat out all but one full day of training camp contact work because of the aching knee.
                        After insisting for several days that the injury wasn't a worry, coach Bill Cowher said Staley will undergo an MRI test Sunday to make sure there's nothing wrong.

"We'll kind of go from there, see where he's at," Cowher said. "He still doesn't feel real comfortable."

Staley needed fluid drained off the knee after just one day of practice, a condition that sometimes can indicate a problem that requires arthroscopic surgery. With the regular season more than a month away, Staley has enough time to have an operation and still be ready for the Sept. 11 opener against Tennessee.

"We're going to be very proactive, make sure if there's any problems to get them taken care of now because we want him ready to go for the first game," Cowher said.

Bettis, who finished up last season with a minor quadriceps tear, also sat out Saturday, mostly just so he would have two days off in a row before a full week of camp.

Staley took part in some light running, but skipped the goal-line drill Cowher traditionally uses to wrap up the first week of camp.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                          Roth Army Caesar
                          • Mar 2003

personally...I'd keep Bettis in the short yardage situations...

and work Parker and Haynes in the Staley role...

but that's probably why I'm not paid to coach...lmfao...

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                            ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                            • Dec 2003

I'd only change that a little...

Haynes is more of a 3rd down back...

I think Parker could handle more of the load...

Not all of the load, but more of it...

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                              Roth Army Caesar
                              • Mar 2003

Parker just has that feel of a Joe Morris to me...with more speed...

And I agree...you could bring in Haynes as the 3rd down back...bigger...better receiver...and Parker wouldn't get worn down...

He's 210...5'10"

I think he may be more durable than we think...

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                                Roth Army Caesar
                                • Mar 2003

Then bring in the bus on short yardage and goalline situations...

Comment

Working...