THE PITTSBURGH Sports CHATTER

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lou

Hmm let's see, 10 CD's of bootleg versus $2...no that won't do it either.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
      Roth Army Caesar
      • Mar 2003

Lou...no offense here hombre...

but I have...hmmm...I'd say a few boots myself...you'd be surprised at the shit I get being a webbie here...

what I'm telling you is that you burning a few CD's isn't exactly anteing up here...

So what do you expect me to do...lmfao...jizz over a boot offer...

like I said...I'll put up the value that you put up...and 10 CDRW discs aren't any more than a 2 spot...and I can get one of those at the local post office...

Now if you really think the Steelers won't win more than five...put somethin' up...that might really be worth the time I'm wasting here...

until then...I stand firm on $2...
      "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• Lou

OK fine I get 10 CD's of my choice if I win, assuming it's stuff I don't already have and it's not mp3-sourced.

I'm not interested in spending a fortune on this and I'd rather bet something more creative than money.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
          ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
          • Dec 2003

Steelers put a nice whoopin' on the Texans last night, 38-3....

Both Tommy and Big Ben looked good again....

Bettis actually had a decent night also, albeit against a lousy run-defense.....

Next on tap ??

Thursday night to whoop some Eagle ass in Philly on ESPN !!!!
          Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• POJO_Risin
            Roth Army Caesar
            • Mar 2003

Nothing I have is MP3 sourced...but I don't want to put up boot against boot...lmfao...

I actually have no idea why in the hell I'm even in all this bullshit...

Dude...the Steelers are going to win at least 6...that's a no-brainer...

Staley had what last night...2 carries?

WTF?
            "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• POJO_Risin
              Roth Army Caesar
              • Mar 2003

So it begins...reality for the Eagles...

Buckhalter is out for the year...

and it comes down to Westbrook carrying the load by his lonesome...

the Eagles are in trouble...no way he carries the load the entire year...and if there isn't a running game...there will be no passing game...

Steelers did look good last night...

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                Roth Army Caesar
                • Mar 2003

And how about Willie Parker making some noise????

Comment

• Lou

No, just 10 CD's worth of bootleg, my choice if I win, or 10 CD's worth of bootleg, your choice, if you win. I don't know what the problem is with that.

But anyway, the important thing is that I'm happy for you that Pixburgh beat Houston 38-3 in a preseason game. Just so you know, Bruce Coslet's early '90s Jets went 5-0 in the preseason, and it got them far too.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                    Roth Army Caesar
                    • Mar 2003

Lou...personally...I could give a shit about the preseason...I'm just trying to figure out who in the fuck is going to start...

of course...if you want this to be a war...I can certainly help out there...

and bro...ain't anyone who can give it as well as I can...

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                      Roth Army Caesar
                      • Mar 2003

But of course...why would I have anything to say about the Eagles...the juggernaut that they are...and they have TO...so of course...they'll be unbeatable this year...and take the next step...

Just like the Phillies...

Comment

• Lou

Fine you wanna go there with the Phillies (who I think have among the worst management in sports), those Pirates have done alot since Bonds departed.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                          Roth Army Caesar
                          • Mar 2003

That's great...

cept I'm not a Pirate fan...

Jesus Christ Lou...are you new to this board?

Comment

• ALinChainz
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Jan 2004

Though the sentiment on pre-season football is usually that the games don't really count, last years Super Bowl teams were a combined 8-0 in the pre-season and the SB participants are something like 36-12 (there abouts) over the last 6 seasons.

Does put a little significance in it, although it is really to sharpen starters and evaluate back-ups.
                            Last edited by ALinChainz; 08-22-2004, 03:07 PM.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                              Roth Army Caesar
                              • Mar 2003

LMFAO...I've never given two shits about the pre-season...

I watch the first quarter...for the complete set of starters...

and the 2nd quarter...for the players mixing with the starters...

and the last pre game...to see the starters perform with both QB's...

I also love watching the defensed throughout the game...

a solid defensive matchup from beginning to end is key...because it shows depth where you need it most...

So I don't mind seeing a shellacking...and more importantly...a defensive stop...

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                                ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                                • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Lou
                                Fine you wanna go there with the Phillies (who I think have among the worst management in sports), those Pirates have done alot since Bonds departed.
                                Just curious Lou, what's the Phillies' payroll this year ???

Whatever it is, it's probably double what the Pirates' is, so you guys are probably WAY ahead in the NL East, right ???....

Lemme check out the standings one time, I say (gotta throw in the DLR reference ).....

Hmmm....

What a shocker, the Phils are 61-62.... Isn't that one game UNDER .500 ??

While the lowly Pirates are 58-65, with half the payroll.....

And if you're curious about head-to-head, the Bucs have taken 2 out of 3 so far.....

So the point is, you do the best with what you have...

Or maybe not, as in the Phillies' case....
                                Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

Working...