X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • POJO_Risin
    Roth Army Caesar
    • Mar 2003

Or maybe I'll leave it open for the off-season...

not sure yet...
    "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• POJO_Risin
      Roth Army Caesar
      • Mar 2003

Okay...going to run down Carolina...then Pittsburgh so far this off season...Carolina first...only because of access...

here's where Carolina started...

CAROLINA GETS READY TO ANTE UP
      The Canes have 15 players on the payroll for the 2006-07 season at a total of $25,250,800.
      Canes GM Jim Rutherford said the team is willing to spend up to $40 million on next year's roster.

The league salary cap is $44 million.

SIGNED

Rod Brind'Amour$4 million

Justin Williams$3.5 million

Oleg Tverdovsky$2.5 million

Bret Hedican$2.432 million

Frank Kaberle$2.2 million

Niclas Wallin$1.725 million

Cory Stillman$1.75 million

Ray Whitney$1.5 million

Josef Vasicek$1.3 million

Andrew Ladd$984,200

Anton Babchuk$900,600

Kevyn Adams$725,000

Cam Ward$684,000

Craig Adams$600,000

Andrew Hutchinson$450,000

UNSIGNED

u-Doug Weight$5.7 million

u-Mark Recchi$2.28 million

u-Aaron Ward$1.52 million

r-Erik Cole$1.14 million

u-Martin Gerber$1.06 million

u-Glen Wesley$1 million

r-Eric Staal$942,400

u-Matt Cullen$668,800

r-Mike Commodore$450,000

r-Chad LaRose$450,000

okay...so that's where they started...
      "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• POJO_Risin
        Roth Army Caesar
        • Mar 2003

Now looking at the unsigned...

UNSIGNED

u-Mark Recchi$2.28 million

r-Erik Cole$1.14 million

u-Glen Wesley$1 million

r-Eric Staal$942,400

r-Mike Commodore$450,000

r-Chad LaRose$450,000

Weight, Ward, Gerber and Cullen are gone...

Comment

• POJO_Risin
          Roth Army Caesar
          • Mar 2003

I do also want to mention that they signed Hutchinson, Kaberle, Williams (huge deal) and Wallin immediately...

all under 30...and now all seasoned Cup vets...minus perhap Hutchinson...

Comment

• POJO_Risin
            Roth Army Caesar
            • Mar 2003

Craig Adams as well...

They then signed Staal to a 3 year 13.5 million dollar deal...

4 million next season...4.5 million...and 5 million the last...

They then signed Chad LaRose...Matt White and Vonnie's boy to a 2 year deal...450,000 the first year...and 500,000 his second year...

They signed Jon Grahame from Tampa Bay to back up Cam Ward...solid guy...and backup...who started in Tampa last year...at 1.4 million per year for 2...

and they resigned Mike Commodore for a 2 year deal as well...at 1.2 and then 1.3 million...

Comment

• Romeo Delight
              ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

I think it may perk some people's interest to have seperate threads, but on the other hand it may get congested.

My take? I say one thread. But, then when a controversy or timely event occurs, make a thread.

I find it confusing when VA posts hockey in his Pittsburgh sports thread. Are you trying to talk to people from your area?

No offense, but isn't that a tad exclusionary?

Now I am sounding like Savicki, LOL

Maybe I should start a Vancouver sports thread, where I can pine for an NBA team with relative comfort? Nah.

I would like hockey to be in a thread, rather in Pittsburgh, Detroit, etc.

Any Bertuzzi incidents or 80-goal seasons deserve a thread or two.
              sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Anson Carter and the Canucks are 1 million apart.

I bet he ends up in LA, maybe TO.

Carter has no hands, even though he got 32 goals last year.

I think the Sedins are that good.

They can make a star out of anyone.

With the setups he had, Carter should have had 50 goals.

I couldn't believe the number of times he couldn't direct the puck with any control or even make one move.
                sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                  Roth Army Caesar
                  • Mar 2003

Well...if I'm a new poster...and I want to talk about...I don't know...Mario Lemieux retiring...or...the Stanley Cup...

or...a big trade...

what's easier...

scrolling through 25-100 pages?

or...type...Mario Lemieux retires...

Having a mammoth NHL thread may seem clean...

but in the long run...it may not be so...

I'm not talking about the local threads...

if Va posts something about the Pens in there...that's fine...and I don't mind it being double posted out there...

I'm not sure why the area threads popped up...

I preferred it to be a Steeler thread...

but I think someone turned the Detroit thread into an all team sorta thread...which led to a few other things...

It would be like going into the Front Line and having a liberal thread...a conservative thread...and that's it...

I like topics showing themselves...major topics...minor topics...

I get frustrated at another site...because the NHL or NFL topics will be a conversation about say...the Minnesota Vikings offseason moves...between a couple of people...and you go in and post about Ricky Williams...wanting some banter...and 3 pages later...they are still rambling on and on about how their sister got three wayed by a cornerback...

it happens a bit to a point here in our generic threads as well...

but like I said...

I'm not big on that...

I have no idea with a playoff thread...

but would prefer series threads...

etc....

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                    ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                    • Dec 2003

I see your point Poj, doesn't matter to me, close it if you want to...

As for me posting hockey in the Pittsburgh thread, it's 'cause I don't want no damn Canucks reading it.....

I like the city-related threads though, it centralizes stories....
                    Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                      ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
                      I see your point Poj, doesn't matter to me, close it if you want to...

As for me posting hockey in the Pittsburgh thread, it's 'cause I don't want no damn Canucks reading it.....

I like the city-related threads though, it centralizes stories....
                      VA, I want to read your posts.

That is why I want you posting in hockey thread.

Centralizes stories?

For who? Not me or anyone else I know of on this board.

Posting in both works for me.
                      sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                        ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Caesar is right.

I was only thinking about my own interests
                        sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                          ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                          • Dec 2003

Well, a lot of times I'd think that the articles in there would've been only interesting to fans of those teams, but I see your point....
                          Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                            Roth Army Caesar
                            • Mar 2003

Perhaps we just need a new forum...just for hockey...

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                              ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                                ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Trust me VA, if you have something to say about the Penguins, Crosby or not, 10 million Canadians want to know about it!

Shit, if we start posting more hockey, membership could boost ten-fold and legitimate membership at that
                                sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

Working...