• Show
Clear All
  • Don Corleone
    Veteran
    • May 2004

Originally posted by kentuckyklira
    Nope, Gerard just scored!
    Nice one

Puns and jokes aside here - I've said this before in this thread England aren't good enough to win the cup. I think it's a brave person who'll bet against Argentina at the minute on current form.
    Roth Army Militia

Comment

• Don Corleone
      Veteran
      • May 2004

There you go, Sweden scores an equaliser.
      Roth Army Militia

Comment

• kentuckyklira
        Veteran
        • Sep 2004

Damn, and Paraguay 2 - Trinidad 0

One great underdog more that doesn´t make it!
        http://images.zeit.de/gesellschaft/z...ie-540x304.jpg

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by jero
          And not only that, it were the fine people from Poland who did it! 2 Polish who scored for Gaymany!
          may I repeat what I wrote to you once? talking about immigrant players? watching france vs. the faggerlands is like watching the africa cup...no offense here
          Roth Army Icon
          First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Nov 2004

OK... Germany-Sweden and England-...Equator!

Might as well say England is through to the quarter-finals.
            As for Germany, it will take some effort.

I've just seen the pub tender where I play with my band tomorrow night, at 9 pm...
            ... just when the ref will blow his whistle to start Holland-Argentina! :eek:
            posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
            posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

• Seshmeister
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by Don Corleone
              Nice one

Puns and jokes aside here - I've said this before in this thread England aren't good enough to win the cup.
              They shouldn't be but they have 3 or 4 players that can score from 30 yards routinely and also have been lucky in every game especially tonight. I worry they might do a 'Germany' and scrape through all the way. There is a lot of talk about Rooney but Gerrard is their best player and although it pains me to say it one of the best players in the world.

Ecuador's defence today was just fucking terrible, I know they rested some players and weren't trying too hard but they look like the weakest team in the last 16 and England should go through.

Assuming Holland don't beat Argentina then it's ging to be up to them to stop England in the quarter finals. They should do so but I worry about their penalty shootout record.

My worry is that Holland are the better team through the game, get a goal and then Gerrard, Lampard or Rooney scores a goal from 30 yards and win a panalty shootout.

The weird thing about England is that they are shit in the 2nd half, this has been going on for a couple of years now. They have the worst manager in the world who seems to fuck up every half time team talk yet earns the same each week as the Sweden manager does in a year.

Bizarre.

Cheers!

Last edited by Seshmeister; 06-20-2006, 06:51 PM.

Comment

• jero
                Crazy Ass Mofo
                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                Assuming Holland don't beat Argentina then it's ging to be up to them to stop England in the quarter finals. They should do so but I worry about their penalty shootout record.

My worry is that Holland are the better team through the game, get a goal and then Gerrard, Lampard or Rooney scores a goal from 30 yards and win a panalty shootout.
                You can count on us! We'll beat England easy! BTW that player Crouch, where the fuck is he from? Neverland?

Comment

• Wawazat
                  ROCKSTAR

• Jul 2005

You can count on us! We'll beat England easy! BTW that player Crouch, where the fuck is he from? Neverland?
                  the harder they come...

Day-dreaming's gone commercial

Comment

• Grant
                    Sniper
                    • Feb 2005

BTW that player Crouch, where the fuck is he from? Neverland?
                    LMFAO!!!

Comment

• jero
                      Crazy Ass Mofo
                      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Jérôme Frenchise
                      I've just seen the pub tender where I play with my band tomorrow night, at 9 pm...
                      ... just when the ref will blow his whistle to start Holland-Argentina! :eek:
                      So you're gonna open "A DRINK FOR EVERYONE WITH COMPLIMENTS FROM THE BAND" I think it will cost you € 10 at max

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Nov 2004

So you're gonna open "A DRINK FOR EVERYONE WITH COMPLIMENTS FROM THE BAND" I think it will cost you € 10 at max
                        There'll be a wide screen between us. But I asked the bar tender to keep it switched off, which means a great effort on his part...

It's the national music festival tomorrow, you know, so it'll be overcrowded like every year.
                        The only differnce is that there will be a very large majority of chicks, due to the World Cup - and also because I'm the lead singer.

I'll post some pics in the Archive Bonanza.
                        posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
                        posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Nov 2004

That said, I'm pissed to miss the most attractive match since the beginning of the competition.
                          We thought of playing a bit earlier, or ask the WC organisers to postpone Holland-Argentina.
                          We're still waiting for a reply.

Comment

• jero
                            Crazy Ass Mofo
                            • Jan 2004

LMFAO!
                            No reply? THE NERVE!!!!

Comment

• jero
                              Crazy Ass Mofo
                              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Jérôme Frenchise
                              I'll post some pics in the Archive Bonanza.
                              No way man! Post them here!

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
                                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                                • Nov 2004

No way man! Post them here!
                                I say, why not? But wouldn't I be off-topic?

BTW, I'm really pissed not to see Holland-Argentina...
                                Seeing Maradona choke on the second Dutch goal should be worth it.

Comment

Working...