Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • POJO_Risin
    Roth Army Caesar
    • Mar 2003

And Marion carried the team today in their win...dominated the game...

oh yeah...

wait a second...

Marion could never do it on his own...he owes it all to the short white dude...

fucking joke...
    "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• Brett
      Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

And he also did his best MJ impression pushing off on that final shot.

I saw that list, pretty laughable that he's even on it.

Has their been a more overrated player than this guy the last two years? He wasn't even a Top 5 point guard when he was in Dallas.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
        Roth Army Caesar
        • Mar 2003

You get to hear how EVERY TEAM he's played on changes to HIS offense...

well...he sucked ass in Phoenix the first time around...

wasn't the main guy in Dallas, and didn't play a whole season there until his 3rd year...

then goes to Phoenix for way to much money...

and gets credit for DAntoni opening up the offense...which is what he does...

hmmm...sounds kinda like Don Nelson...doesn't it?

I'm sick of people saying how good he makes players...horseshit...

like I said...the fact that he's won back to back MVPs...AND THE ONLY OTHER POINT GUARD TO EVER DO THAT WAS MAGIC JOHNSON...is a joke...a fucking joke...
        "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• POJO_Risin
          Roth Army Caesar
          • Mar 2003

Kobe wins it...I have no problem with that...

hell...if Nowitzki wins it...I can see that as well...he holds his team more together than Nash ever did...

Nowitzki directs his team as much as Nash...and can dominate by himself...

let's see Nash win a game without Marion right now (and spare me the fucking horseshit about Amare...if the Lakers lost Worthy...and still won...people said Magic...sure...but also said Kareem, and Scott...and...you get my point)....

Let's see how good Nash would be if Phoenix was a half court team...

utter horseshit...

Comment

• Brett
            Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Can I get an amen?

Do you think Boris Diaw become a viable NBA player this year because of Steve Nash? Please, it's because he's able to flourish in D'Antoni's wide open style, not because Steve Nash passes him the fucking ball.

Let's put Steve Nash on the court with 4 stiffs who have no range, and can't hit the backside of a barn, and we'll see how many fucking games he wins then. As far as I can recall Tim Thomas was ALWAYS a good long range shooter, and Shawn Marion was an All-Star long before Steve Nash came to Phoenix.

And you really think Steve Nash had anything to do with the maturity and growth of Amare Stoudamire last season? Give me a break, and his incredible last year was the reason that team won 60 games, not because Steve Nash made him a better player by passing him the ball in the post. Yeah right.

I've never seen a guy get more credit for doing less than this guy. He shoots 3-9 tonight, looks slow and awful out there, but because he has 10 assists and hits the last shot, well that shows what an MVP he is. Please if those are MVP-type numbers and games, then fucking Brevin Knight is an MVP too.

Comment

• Brett
              Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Look Kobe's never going to win it, the media hates him. End of story on that.

And that's fine with me, he was first team All-Defense this year, he won the scoring title, he will be first team All-NBA. The Lakers did have a solid growth season. So I'm not upset at all, I just wish we could have won Game 6. I had no delusions of an NBA title or even a second round win.

But Steve Nash is the not the fucking MVP of the NBA, he isn't and he never will be. And he's certainly not worthy of winning it twice, nor is he the 9th best point guard of all time. The media that covers the NBA gets dumber and dumber every year. I mean there were 5 idiots who didn't even have Kobe on their MVP ballots at all. That's nothing but personal hate.

Comment

• Unchainme
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Apr 2005

So I'm not the only one Who Thinks Nash Doesn't Deserve The MVP?

My Friend Said it best, If Nash should get it two times in a row, Than Stockton shouldv'e gotten it more than that.

Kobe Deserves it, Without him the lakers are pretty much down the tubes.

So does LeBron, Without him the Cavs would be nowhere near the success they are now, and Would probably be debating a move to Pittsburgh.

Nash Last time I check didn't have stats like these two, I personallly think that if Nash was not with the Suns, They would still be Playoff contender. Didn't he score only like what 13 points? in one playoff game?

WTF?
                Still waiting for a relevant Browns Team

Comment

• Brett
                  Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Dirk Nowitski has grown far more as a leader and player than Steve Nash ever has. Funny how Dallas has gotten BETTER since Nash left. Jason Terry has done just fine for them.

Comment

• Brett
                    Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

The two best players in basketball are Kobe and Lebron...end of story. The MVP should go to the best player in the league, not to a guy who flourishes in a system, who clearly isn't the best player at his position, let alone the league. And he's not even the best player on his team...when healthy, obviously Amare Stoudemire is.

And the media needs to stop being involved in the voting. They are ridiculously biased and flat out stupid.

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                      ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

You guys talking about how other point guards IN OTHER YEARS deserve an MVP more than Nash.

Well geniuses, the MVP is an award awarded yearly, and is not a lifetime achievement award.

These Suns, other than Marion, were cast-offs. No one though they could help their team.

How does Marion get his points today? He can't be doubled because of Nash and how he make others dangerous. Nash has been there more than Marion these playoffs so fuck that story.

Again, just because the stats aren't there, like tonight, people start this "Oh, WTF an MVP can't do that" talk.

The Suns won the fucking game precisely because Nash could care less about himself.

Yes I know a novel concept in the NBA. Again, look at the cast of characters, how they have career years.

Yeah marion needs to play well. Have you seen Brand and that trailer park dude play in this series?
                      sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• Brett
                        Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Who is a cast off besides Boris Diaw? And he isn't even a a cast-off. He was a highly drafted player playing in Atlanta...enough said. Barbosa was a first round draft pick, Tim Thomas was a great offensive player in Milwaukee, Amare Stoudemire was a first round pick who's obviously as superstar, Raja Bell has had been a viable NBA player for 3 or 4 years now. Who are all these cast offs? Kurt Thomas? A solid veteran power forward with NBA Finals experience?

Where are all these cast-offs you are talking about?

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                          ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by Brett
                          The two best players in basketball are Kobe and Lebron...end of story. The MVP should go to the best player in the league, not to a guy who flourishes in a system, who clearly isn't the best player at his position, let alone the league.
                          Bullshit!

We aren't playing pick-up at the playground.

NBA teams have complex offensive and defensive plays. You need to be intelligent to adapt to adjustments, whatever.

Kobe for all his brilliance just rubs his teammates the wrong way. He is disliked for a reason, he is an a-hole. The best shooter in the game and can create from nothing, but not the best team player.

Sorry. MVP should go to the player demonstarting both individual dominance AND one who can orchestrate a cohesive team to fucking WIN.

Nash wins. Make excuses all you want . He fucking wins hence the two MVPs
                          sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• Brett
                            Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Are you saying the Lakers didn't have a successful season with the pieces they had? You're not going to argue that team didn't overachieve are you? They were six seconds away from knocking off the #2 seed. I'd say they had a great year considering where they were last year.

The Lakers are a team of nobodies and cast-offs, get that much right.

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                              ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Tim Thomas was a busy man when the Suns picked him up...I think he was taking his kids to school and picking up the dry-cleaning...playing at the Y to keep his game.

Ya, he was in demand I tell you.

Fitting he shot so well against the Lakers
                              sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• Brett
                                Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Of course he shot well against the Lakers, he's a good shooter....duh. He's shooting well this series too. Yeah Steve Nash made him a good shooter by passing him the ball. Brilliant analysis.

Again, where are these cast-offs you're talking about? Where are the Smush Parkers? Where are the Luke Waltons? Where are the Kwame Browns? Let me give you a little hint...those are what we call cast-offs.

Comment

Working...