Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • POJO_Risin
    Roth Army Caesar
    • Mar 2003

You do know better than to say anyone that disagrees with me is wrong...

I've come halfway or more...on more subjects than I can begin to count on...

of course...I know you know that...
    "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• POJO_Risin
      Roth Army Caesar
      • Mar 2003

By definition...if you keep teams from coming into the paint...

wouldn't that be a game changer? Not doing what you COULD do doesn't necesarily make you a bad defender...

as I said...his help defense is as good as anyone's when he was in his prime.

It won't get you nods as all-defense...but like Bird...who sucked as a defender...but played the hedge as well as anyone...you can "change a game" by helping out...and Shaq did. I admitted that his 1 on 1 D sucks ass...but his athleticism bailed him out more times than not...

and had you actually read what I said...I AGREE WITH YOU that he's not worth 25 million dollars...

and...I didn't start of that way...

of course...you're wrong if you disagree with me...
      "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• DlocRoth
        ROCKSTAR

• Jan 2004

I was speaking in generalities in my original posts...
        Fuck Scott Weiland. Fucking asshole. I get trashed all the time and still go to work. And my job sucks ass. -ODShowtime

Comment

• POJO_Risin
          Roth Army Caesar
          • Mar 2003

And no...of course most teams didn't line up...not because they didn't want him...but because they couldn't afford him...

Fact of the matter is that Miami wanted to win the finals...

would they be in the finals without Shaq?

doubtful...

Now I don't think they'll win...

but...

he's been a big piece of getting them where they are...

I think their window closes this year...

they are old...

but if they get the title...you don't think paying Shaq was worth it?

if I owned a team...and someone told me that a player would get 50 mil for 2 years...and that player would get me a title...I think most owners would do it...

and would probably rape their team's future to do it as well...

of course...the cap comes into play...and when you are dealing with 25 million dollars on one end...the Cap REALLY comes into play...

Comment

• Redballjets88
            Full Member Status

• Mar 2005

i think shaq is mainly good because of his size and bc there are no other centers left in the NBA to gaurd him.

perfect example when i was in 8th grade we had a kid on our team that was 6'6" already and weighed about 215 he scored about 50 points a night bc normal tall kids at that age are about 5'10 or 11'' since he had such a domineering physicality he was able to control the game, but now as a junior last year he only averaged 20 to 22 points a game bc everyone else caught up to him....

but he is still one of the top recruited players in the coutry
            R.I.P Van Halen 1978-1984

hopefully God will ressurect you

"i wont be messing with you in future.the fearsome redballjets88 for fear of you owning me some more" Axl S

" I liked Sammy Hagar " FORD

Comment

• POJO_Risin
              Roth Army Caesar
              • Mar 2003

No doubt about it...Shaq was dominant because of his size and offensive ability to dominate a game...

does that make him less a player?

lmfao...somehow...that top recruited players in the country seems like a knock...

he was a bit more than that...don't you think?

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                Roth Army Caesar
                • Mar 2003

Jim Brown was bigger than most linemen in his day...and he dominated...

does that mean he's not one of the top 2 running backs of all time...if not THE greatest?

Now...I'm not saying Shaq was the greatest...and I'd have preferred a guy like Hakeem to Shaq in their primes...

but you can't discount him because of his size...

Comment

• DlocRoth
                  ROCKSTAR

• Jan 2004

I coulda knocked Kareem on his ass.....
                  Fuck Scott Weiland. Fucking asshole. I get trashed all the time and still go to work. And my job sucks ass. -ODShowtime

Comment

• Brett
                    Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by DlocRoth
                    I wouldn't take him next year, not for what he would want....
                    He's already under contract for 4 more years for what $22 million or something. A 39-year old Shaq will be collecting $22 million a year. Come on, that's beyond ridiculous. He'll be lucky to still be in the league when he's 39...shit 37.

Comment

• DlocRoth
                      ROCKSTAR

• Jan 2004

Absolutely right.......

But the hope of a ring can make an owner do some fucked up shit.

Comment

• Brett
                        Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

In his prime, Shaq was more than just size. He actually at one time wasn't a fat lard, he was in good shape. And he was ridiculously quick and agile for a man his size. And when developed a little bit of a 10-foot shot as a Laker is when he was the MDE. Now most of the time, it's turn, plow guys over and dunk. But there was a time when Shaq used his finesse and quickness for something other than plowing guys over.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                          Roth Army Caesar
                          • Mar 2003

I think...

he signed a 5 year, 100 million dollar deal...

at 20 mill per...with some incentives...

Which...as silly as it seems...leaves the Heat under the luxury tax...

and with money to spare...

players are coming to play for the league exceptions...

a lot of dough...I concur...for a guy his age...

but...is it worth it for a title?

if they get a title?

I can tell you this...if the Indians paid Roger Clemens 22 million a year for 5 years this year...

and they won the world series this year...and sucked for 4...afterwards...with Roger pitching like a left-handed 5 year old girl...

I'd be perfectly content with that...as a fan...

Miami isn't LA...certainly isn't a title town...

1 title will be worth 100 million to most of the people there...

the same way that 1 title would be worth that in most cities because of their lack of titles...

Comment

• Switch84
                            Veteran
                            • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Brett
                            He's already under contract for 4 more years for what $22 million or something. A 39-year old Shaq will be collecting $22 million a year. Come on, that's beyond ridiculous. He'll be lucky to still be in the league when he's 39...shit 37.

What?!? If I'd have known the Heat camp was THAT hard up to pay out mucho dinero on a pipe dream, they could've hired ME!

LMMFAOBT
                            "He doesn't need to sell millions of records, he doesn't need to fill arenas, he doesn't need to be popular, he doesn't need your money, AND HE DOESN'T NEED YOU!"
                            Blackflag on DLR

Comment

• Redballjets88
                              Full Member Status

• Mar 2005

Originally posted by POJO_Risin
                              No doubt about it...Shaq was dominant because of his size and offensive ability to dominate a game...

does that make him less a player?

lmfao...somehow...that top recruited players in the country seems like a knock...

he was a bit more than that...don't you think?

a knock? dont understand what exaclty a knock is
                              R.I.P Van Halen 1978-1984

hopefully God will ressurect you

"i wont be messing with you in future.the fearsome redballjets88 for fear of you owning me some more" Axl S

" I liked Sammy Hagar " FORD

Comment

• Brett
                                Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

So where are the Shaq apologists after that embarrassing performance?

Comment

Working...