Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Brett
    Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Yes free throws and crappy calls are the ONLY reason the Heat have won any games in this series...apart from maybe Game 4. But Game 4 was obviously a continued letdown from Game 3 by the Mavs more than anything.

I don't think 11-28, 39% from the field is stellar play. Sorry. I guess my standards for good NBA play differs from yours.

Comment

• Guitar Shark
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Brett
      LOL, that's your big defense to the free throw discrepancy? The Heat are playing better defense? That explains why Dwyane Wade shot 25 free throws? And don't say it's because "he goes to the basket." ROFL! Come on Shark.
      At the Links I provided you with examples of 2 or 3 games where Kobe Bryant had more than 25 free throw attempts in fewer minutes. Kobe relies on his outside shot more than Wade. The "he goes to the basket" argument is actually true in Wade's case, I don't know why you're arguing the point.
      ROTH ARMY MILITIA

Originally posted by EAT MY ASSHOLE
      Sharky sometimes needs things spelled out for him in explicit, specific detail. I used to think it was a lawyer thing, but over time it became more and more evident that he's merely someone's idiot twin.

Comment

• Guitar Shark
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Jan 2004

I don't think 11-28, 39% from the field is stellar play. Sorry. I guess my standards for good NBA play differs from yours.
        That's right Brett, focus on Wade's stats from his "worst" game of the three. You are the only person I have seen who has claimed that Wade's play has been anything but stellar. You're borderline delusional man, and it's because of your hatred of Shaq. I don't get it.
        ROTH ARMY MILITIA

Sharky sometimes needs things spelled out for him in explicit, specific detail. I used to think it was a lawyer thing, but over time it became more and more evident that he's merely someone's idiot twin.

Comment

• Brett
          Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Wade played the same way in Dallas he did in Miami, he just didn't get the calls. I don't think his game changed at all, except that he made plays when the games were close. Well big deal, that's what star players do, which I've never said he's not. And fouls kept games that shouldn't have been close, close. You give great players chances to win games, they will do it. It's not about whether he's a great player.

Comment

• Brett
            Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Guitar Shark
            That's right Brett, focus on Wade's stats from his "worst" game of the three. You are the only person I have seen who has claimed that Wade's play has been anything but stellar. You're borderline delusional man, and it's because of your hatred of Shaq. I don't get it.
            Ok we'll just throw that game out since it hurts your argument I guess huh? Oh so the forum at the Roth Army constitutes the entire NBA fan base? I can point you to several boards where people share the same opinion on this series and Wade's play.

This has nothing to do with Shaq....he's a non-factor to me. He can have all the calls he wants, he sucks.

Comment

• Brett
              Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

At the Links I provided you with examples of 2 or 3 games where Kobe Bryant had more than 25 free throw attempts in fewer minutes. Kobe relies on his outside shot more than Wade. The "he goes to the basket" argument is actually true in Wade's case, I don't know why you're arguing the point.
              Kobe shot 25 free throws against Dallas, because he took 31 shots in 32 minutes, meaning he shot EVERY possession. That stat is completely in line with the fact that he outscored an entire team by himself in three quarters. How many free throws did the Mavs shoot in the first 3 quarters of the game Kobe led them 62-61?

As for the Knicks game...completely irrelevant. It wasn't an NBA Finals game, it was a game against the NBA's worst team, who had no choice but to foul Kobe or let him get 50 on them.

Wade doesn't go to the basket anymore than any great slasher does. Kobe shoots a lot of 3's, he also goes to the basket a lot, and takes a lot more shots than Wade does. Who gives a shit about what Kobe did in pointless regular season games, what does this have to do with anything?

Comment

• Guitar Shark
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Jan 2004

Ok we'll just throw that game out since it hurts your argument I guess huh? Oh so the forum at the Roth Army constitutes the entire NBA fan base? I can point you to several boards where people share the same opinion on this series and Wade's play.

This has nothing to do with Shaq....he's a non-factor to me. He can have all the calls he wants, he sucks.
                Which boards, the Laker board that you run? I recall reading a post from seenbad's post at the Links in which he was very, very impressed by Wade's play. He knows his NBA stuff, certainly better than me, I'd be the first to admit.

It's nothing personal Brett, I just don't understand why you have to view this series through Laker colored glasses. I don't think anyone believes your statement that Shaq is a "non-factor" to you. You complain about him and Wade all the time. I just don't see why your viewpoints about Wade have to be colored by the fact that he plays on the same team as Shaq, that's all. Yes, Shaq is a shell of his former self.. but that shouldn't tarnish Wade's accomplishments in this series.
                ROTH ARMY MILITIA

Comment

• Guitar Shark
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Jan 2004

Kobe shot 25 free throws against Dallas, because he took 31 shots in 32 minutes, meaning he shot EVERY possession. That stat is completely in line with the fact that he outscored an entire team by himself in three quarters. How many free throws did the Mavs shoot in the first 3 quarters of the game Kobe led them 62-61?

As for the Knicks game...completely irrelevant. It wasn't an NBA Finals game, it was a game against the NBA's worst team, who had no choice but to foul Kobe or let him get 50 on them.

Wade doesn't go to the basket anymore than any great slasher does. Kobe shoots a lot of 3's, he also goes to the basket a lot, and takes a lot more shots than Wade does. Who gives a shit about what Kobe did in pointless regular season games, what does this have to do with anything?
                  There was a Phoenix game that I mentioned too, obviously a much better team than the Knicks. But that's not the real issue. The point is that other players, including Kobe, get lots of calls and get to the line a lot. Comparing regular season games to games in the finals is kind of a meaningless distinction as far as I'm concerned. I haven't checked but it wouldn't surprise me at all if there have been other players who got to the line more than 25 times in a finals game.
                  ROTH ARMY MILITIA

Comment

• Brett
                    Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

I don't run a Laker board...but OK there.

Oh so if Seen says it, again it's gospel. Well cool, Seen has also said Kobe is the best player in the NBA. Good news for the Lakers, guess we'll win a title now.

I know Shaq isn't going to play like old Shaq, that's what I mean by non-factor. I'm not worried he's going to come out and dominate, he can't anymore, no matter how much shit he talks.

I have said no less than 5 times in the last two days Wade is a fine player, but he is getting ridiculous calls. Why is that so hard for you to accept? What you think I'm the ONLY person talking about this officiating? It's all over the place, I mean people like red posted about are making jokes about it, it's so sad. And no 11-28 shooting is far from Jordanesque...he also shot poorly in Game 2. He has made plays in close games, but he has been far from stellar throughout every game.

Like I said, if the fouls are even, Miami will lose.

Comment

• Brett
                      Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

There was a Phoenix game that I mentioned too, obviously a much better team than the Knicks. But that's not the real issue. The point is that other players, including Kobe, get lots of calls and get to the line a lot. Comparing regular season games to games in the finals is kind of a meaningless distinction as far as I'm concerned. I haven't checked but it wouldn't surprise me at all if there have been other players who got to the line more than 25 times in a finals game.
                      Yeah interesting enough speaking of Phoenix and Kobe that when Kobe was hammered in the side of the head by Tim Thomas in a 4-point game in Game 1, it wasn't called. Guess he didn't get that OBVIOUS call did he? I assume you do remember that play do you not. And of course Kobe gets to the line a lot, but I've never seen him get calls like Wade is getting....BTW, Wade takes less shots than Kobe and goes to the line more.

And Kobe NEVER shot 25 free throws in an NBA Finals game, nor was he bailed out jumping in to people like Wade does. Watch him, he throws himself at defenders when he gets into the lane.

Comment

• Guitar Shark
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Jan 2004

I don't run a Laker board...but OK there.

Oh so if Seen says it, again it's gospel. Well cool, Seen has also said Kobe is the best player in the NBA. Good news for the Lakers, guess we'll win a title now.

I know Shaq isn't going to play like old Shaq, that's what I mean by non-factor. I'm not worried he's going to come out and dominate, he can't anymore, no matter how much shit he talks.

I have said no less than 5 times in the last two days Wade is a fine player, but he is getting ridiculous calls. Why is that so hard for you to accept? What you think I'm the ONLY person talking about this officiating? It's all over the place, I mean people like red posted about are making jokes about it, it's so sad. And no 11-28 shooting is far from Jordanesque...he also shot poorly in Game 2. He has made plays in close games, but he has been far from stellar throughout every game.

Like I said, if the fouls are even, Miami will lose.
                        Did you used to run a Laker board? Sorry if I mixed that up.

I disagree with about 90% of what comes out of seenbad's mouth and he knows it. But in this situation we agree. And, I reluctantly thought that Kobe deserved the MVP last year, I know I made that post at some point. So I guess we agreed on that too, eventually anyway.

Each time you call Wade a fine player, you bump him down a few notches by attributing his point totals to unfair calls. You can't have it both ways. If you want to make that argument then it seems to me that you've got to acknowledge the same thing about Kobe, or any other player who gets to the line a lot. Wade creates a lot of fouls because of his movement and his uncanny ability to draw them. There's talent involved there, and Kobe has it too.
                        ROTH ARMY MILITIA

Comment

• Guitar Shark
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Jan 2004

Yeah interesting enough speaking of Phoenix and Kobe that when Kobe was hammered in the side of the head by Tim Thomas in a 4-point game in Game 1, it wasn't called. Guess he didn't get that OBVIOUS call did he? I assume you do remember that play do you not. And of course Kobe gets to the line a lot, but I've never seen him get calls like Wade is getting....BTW, Wade takes less shots than Kobe and goes to the line more.

And Kobe NEVER shot 25 free throws in an NBA Finals game, nor was he bailed out jumping in to people like Wade does. Watch him, he throws himself at defenders when he gets into the lane.
                          I do remember that Thomas foul. I'm sure Kobe never got away with an obvious foul, right?

It's a matter of opinion of course, but I don't see much difference in the calls that Kobe gets versus the calls that Wade gets. I still don't see how you can make this argument without walking down the "conspiracy" plank, but oh well.
                          ROTH ARMY MILITIA

Comment

• Brett
                            Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Nope, I have a site that has a nice history of Laker stats that I haven't updated in 4,000 years.

I think he gets A LOT of calls, that's just the way it is. I don't think he's a great shooter, and he is not a good defender (probably why he said he wants to learn to play D from Kobe). So there I've knocked him down a little more. He's also in just his third year and will improve I would think in those areas. So I'm a hater I guess because his game isn't infallable.

Comment

• Guitar Shark
                              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                              • Jan 2004

Nobody said his game is infallible. I've got to head out Brett, maybe we can continue this debate tomorrow.
                              ROTH ARMY MILITIA

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                                ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Well Brett...looks like those damned foul shots Wade is making will win him and Shaq a ring...

One more than Kobe.
                                sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

Working...