• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gbranton
    Veteran
    • Aug 2005

Originally posted by jhale667
    Khan should have been shouting "Finish me!"
    I scream that sometimes.......... ok not those exact words, LOL.
    "Don't want 'em to get you goat, don't show 'em where it's hid." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• sonrisa salvaje
      Veteran
      • Jun 2005

My concern for Khan and Ortiz is that once you have been knocked out a couple of times it seems like you are more susceptible to being knocked out. The older you are the more it becomes a factor like in the case of Roy Jones who has been knocked out by everyone at this point. Obviously, given the age of Khan and Ortiz the jury is still out, but once concussed, twice concussed...the likelihood will increase.
      RIDE TO LIVE, LIVE TO RIDE
      LET `EM ROLL ONE MORE TIME

Comment

• Dave's Bitch
        ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

A good point yes.I think that all comes down to the mental make up of a fighter,That little doubt in the back of the mind about your own ability to take a hit.And how you tackle this is what separates a good fighter from a great one.I would not be shocked if we saw a more cautious approach from Khan.Perhaps not Ortiz but this KO seem's to have shattered the aura around Khan,Perhaps even planted some doubt in his own head.I am looking forward to seeing how he deals with this in his next outing
        I really love you baby, I love what you've got
        Let's get together we can, Get hot

Comment

• binnie
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • May 2006

It's called 'learning how to lose'.
          The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• vandeleur
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Sep 2009

For khan ....its gonna be tough( in maiden the prisoner voice ) he had a reputation of not being able to take a punch . So what does he do he fights in a cavalier way as if he is trying to prove he can take it if he gets hit . The up shot is he proves he can't defend and gets hit easy.
            Does he need to prove he can take a hit or does he need to prove he can learn and have the chops to defend.
            I think I have an idea of the answer .
            But does he .
            Last edited by vandeleur; 07-19-2012, 03:32 PM.
            fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• binnie
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • May 2006

Exactly.

No fighter is 10/10 in every area. What you have to do is develop a style which plays to all of your strengths. Pernell Whitaker didn't have much power, but he was such a good defensive fighter he is one of the GOAT.

Khan is lightning fast. He should use that speed to develop a stick and move style. Simple.

Comment

• sonrisa salvaje
                Veteran
                • Jun 2005

There is no doubt Khan's defense it shitty but learning to lose is one thing while the ability to take a punch is something else. I think Khan, regardless of the Prescott fight, has shown the ability to take good punches based on the Maidana fight alone. Learning how to lose allows you to make excuses when you have a tough fight that goes to the cards and you get decisioned. The ability to take a punch is a nano second from the time of impact to when you find yourself looking up at the lights. It is going to be easier to knock Khan out from this point on because of the punishment he has already taken. He can develop the best defense in the world but at some point he is going to get tagged if he continues to fight world class fighters.

Comment

• vandeleur
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Sep 2009

Khan can take a punch he showed as you say against maidana and he was game(stupid) in the fourth against garcia ... but does he have to keep taking them .He has fast feet and hands could he not hit and use his speed to avoid punches .. what am saying is there some reason that he thinks he has to prove himself to take shots he doesnt have to ...The fouth against garcia is a point in case , he should have been laurel and hardy on his ass , he should have stuck to him frustrated him and and stopped garcia fighting till his head cleared , instead he tried to trade .....
                  Until he changes his style he will be drawn into every war going and take more and more shots... a man who cant defend wont last in a slug fest and every boxer at 140 knowns you just draw him into a war.
                  Khan has the power to knock out any opponent but fighting like he does he gives them the same oppotunity.

Comment

• binnie
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • May 2006

I'll be honest: I'll be amazed if he recovers from this to get back to the top. Wish him all the best but I just don't see it.

Comment

• sonrisa salvaje
                      Veteran
                      • Jun 2005

Originally posted by vandeleur
                      Khan can take a punch he showed as you say against maidana and he was game(stupid) in the fourth against garcia ... but does he have to keep taking them .He has fast feet and hands could he not hit and use his speed to avoid punches .. what am saying is there some reason that he thinks he has to prove himself to take shots he doesnt have to ...The fouth against garcia is a point in case , he should have been laurel and hardy on his ass , he should have stuck to him frustrated him and and stopped garcia fighting till his head cleared , instead he tried to trade .....
                      Until he changes his style he will be drawn into every war going and take more and more shots... a man who cant defend wont last in a slug fest and every boxer at 140 knowns you just draw him into a war.
                      Khan has the power to knock out any opponent but fighting like he does he gives them the same oppotunity.
                      I know exactly what you are saying and i totally agree.

Comment

• TFM_Dale
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Jan 2009

Originally posted by sonrisa salvaje
                        My concern for Khan and Ortiz is that once you have been knocked out a couple of times it seems like you are more susceptible to being knocked out. The older you are the more it becomes a factor like in the case of Roy Jones who has been knocked out by everyone at this point. Obviously, given the age of Khan and Ortiz the jury is still out, but once concussed, twice concussed...the likelihood will increase.
                        Damn good point. Roy was THE man for a long time though. Loved watching him in the ring.

Comment

• Dave's Bitch
                          ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

Looks like Froch - Pavlik is being set up for november 10

Comment

• vandeleur
                            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                            • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Dave's Bitch
                            Looks like Froch - Pavlik is being set up for november 10

http://www.boxingnews24.com/2012/07/...-kelly-pavlik/
                            i also read that Thomas Oosthuizen could be another possibility

Comment

• binnie
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • May 2006

Pavlik gets retired if that fight happens.

Comment

• Dave's Bitch
                                ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

Heard a few more rumors about Hatton making a come back.One i liked most was Hatton - Khan

Comment

Working...