X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • binnie
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • May 2006

Originally posted by Dave's Bitch
    I am sure i read somewhere his plan is to move up to 147 and face one of the big names.Is he not ranked number 2 right now without fighting at 147?
    Yes. It's a fit-up to make sure that Khan is a viable option for a Mayweather fight at 147. Dirty, dirty sport when it comes to politics.
    The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• sonrisa salvaje
      Veteran
      • Jun 2005

Great points guys. Always a pleasure to talk gloves with you. I forgot to mention the Zab Judah fight. I felt bad for him as well but i think we all knew he didn't stand much of a chance. He did show a lot of heart coming back the way he did at the end of the fight. Surely he won't get anymore title shots to squander.
      RIDE TO LIVE, LIVE TO RIDE
      LET `EM ROLL ONE MORE TIME

Comment

• binnie
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • May 2006

Originally posted by sonrisa salvaje
        Great points guys. Always a pleasure to talk gloves with you. I forgot to mention the Zab Judah fight. I felt bad for him as well but i think we all knew he didn't stand much of a chance. He did show a lot of heart coming back the way he did at the end of the fight. Surely he won't get anymore title shots to squander.
        Yeah, I was surprised how much Garcia struggled with Judah, especially given easily Khan handled him.

Comment

• vandeleur
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Sep 2009

Khan is in the news predicting a mayweather fight in 2014.
          So he still has time to learn what a gaurd is.
          fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• binnie
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • May 2006

The binnie Breakdown: Floyd Mayweather jr vs Robert Guerrero

44 have tried. 44 have failed. What makes Robert Guerrero any different, right? Wrong question. It is evidently Mayweather who is different these days. His legs are not what they once were, he's been inactive in recent years and he is 36 years old. Facing a gut like Guerrero - a rough and tough brawler who, lest we forget, has won 6 titles in 4 weight divisions - that might spell bad news for Mayweather. Last time out against Cotto, Floyd took more punishment than normal (admitedly not much), looked considerably less mobile than normal and didn't look to be in control as much as usual. Sure he won - pretty convincingly as I see it: he could have stopped Cotto in the 12th - but he didn't look like Floyd Mayweather. The question then is what we will he look like on Saturday night, especially given the jail time and the long layoff? And no one really knows.

Guerrero is a tough fight for anyone, and likes to mix it up. At 30, he's in his prime. And as noted above, he is a very accomplished fighter in his own right. There's no way he's going to out box Floyd, nor is he going to have the advantage in power, and he his going to be the slower man. But if Floyd fights Guerrero like he fights Cotto (in the pocket) it could be that Guerrero has successes by looking like the busier man. So it could be closer than people think. However, I expect Mayweather to counter Guerrero as he comes in - something which Andre Berto was unable to do effectively - and to expose the many, many problems in Guerrero's defence. The early rounds might prove hairy for Floyd, but by around the 5th I'd expect him to start pulling away to a convincing UD.

Comment

• binnie
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • May 2006

Originally posted by vandeleur
              Khan is in the news predicting a mayweather fight in 2014.
              So he still has time to learn what a gaurd is.
              He will also have time to calculate just how much money it will take for him to humiliate himself.....

Comment

• sonrisa salvaje
                Veteran
                • Jun 2005

Originally posted by binnie
                The binnie Breakdown: Floyd Mayweather jr vs Robert Guerrero

44 have tried. 44 have failed. What makes Robert Guerrero any different, right? Wrong question. It is evidently Mayweather who is different these days. His legs are not what they once were, he's been inactive in recent years and he is 36 years old. Facing a gut like Guerrero - a rough and tough brawler who, lest we forget, has won 6 titles in 4 weight divisions - that might spell bad news for Mayweather. Last time out against Cotto, Floyd took more punishment than normal (admitedly not much), looked considerably less mobile than normal and didn't look to be in control as much as usual. Sure he won - pretty convincingly as I see it: he could have stopped Cotto in the 12th - but he didn't look like Floyd Mayweather. The question then is what we will he look like on Saturday night, especially given the jail time and the long layoff? And no one really knows.

Guerrero is a tough fight for anyone, and likes to mix it up. At 30, he's in his prime. And as noted above, he is a very accomplished fighter in his own right. There's no way he's going to out box Floyd, nor is he going to have the advantage in power, and he his going to be the slower man. But if Floyd fights Guerrero like he fights Cotto (in the pocket) it could be that Guerrero has successes by looking like the busier man. So it could be closer than people think. However, I expect Mayweather to counter Guerrero as he comes in - something which Andre Berto was unable to do effectively - and to expose the many, many problems in Guerrero's defence. The early rounds might prove hairy for Floyd, but by around the 5th I'd expect him to start pulling away to a convincing UD.
                The Ghost is my boy and all but i have to agree 100%. The Ghost was a lot harder to hit a few weight classes ago.

Comment

• binnie
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • May 2006

Originally posted by sonrisa salvaje
                  The Ghost is my boy and all but i have to agree 100%. The Ghost was a lot harder to hit a few weight classes ago.
                  Sure he was - he has height and reach advantages over most of his opponents, and now he's fighting guys who can impose their size/strength on him. Love Guerrero as a fighter - I think 140 would have been a smarter weight to stay at, however.

Comment

• sonrisa salvaje
                    Veteran
                    • Jun 2005

Love Guerrero as a fighter - I think 140 would have been a smarter weight to stay at, however.
                    No doubt but all Rocky's want to fight Apollo Creed don't they?

Comment

• binnie
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • May 2006

Yeah, but you need more than a Survivor song to beat Floyd........

Comment

• vandeleur
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Sep 2009

Read an interesting article somewhere ... Sorry I can't remember the link it was a twitter thing .
                        It wasn't specifically about floyd but a bout boxers who go to jail and how it effects them and there never the same . Am sure it won't have a huge effect but it was a canny article and something to thing of .
                        Am still going mayweather but it might be a tough old night for him.
                        Though if he is still feeling flush afterwards he could do khan straight away and give the crowd their money's worth lol

Comment

• sonrisa salvaje
                          Veteran
                          • Jun 2005

Yeah, but you need more than a Survivor song to beat Floyd........
                          Hahahaha..awesome. I think everyone wants to be considered the best in their field. In boxing, if you are within reach of Floyd's weight and you can get a fight there is no more of an ultimate test. He is the pound for pound best - period. I know a lot of the attraction is money but the glory that would come to the first man that defeats Floyd would be astounding. I think that is as much the attraction as anything.

Comment

• binnie
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • May 2006

I think the layoffs and natural ageing will be more significant in Floyd's decline that 3 months in prison. It ain't like he was in prison for the amount of time Tyson was.....

Comment

• vandeleur
                              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                              • Sep 2009

It wasn't the layoff it was the bummings that could effect his timing .

Comment

• vandeleur
                                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                                • Sep 2009

Sorry gentlemen , I couldn't help it .
                                Please continue with your educated discussion I will keep my childish comments to a minimum

Comment

Working...