X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • binnie
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • May 2006

The weight of opinion seems to be that Froch will take it: the pundits seem to believe that Kessler is shot and already well into decline.

Should be a cracker, mind. Also on the bill is Tony Bellow - Isaac Chilemba at 175. That has all the makings of a belter too if you get chance to see it.
    The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• sonrisa salvaje
      Veteran
      • Jun 2005

I hope they show the George Groves fight. I have been really impressed with him and i just feel like he is going to be an elite fighter. I am picking Froch by late KO.
      RIDE TO LIVE, LIVE TO RIDE
      LET `EM ROLL ONE MORE TIME

Comment

• binnie
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • May 2006

Froch wins on points.

A true thriller of a fight which could have been scored either way. Carl's work in the first three rounds probably edged it.

I had Kessler up by 1 point but it really was close.

Comment

• binnie
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • May 2006

Oh, and as per usual the judges' cards were utter shite. 118-110 - don't know what that guy was smoking....

Comment

• vandeleur
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Sep 2009

Tremendous fight , hats off to both because they gave their all in a bruiser.
            I thought froch edged it but Kessler took the middle rounds . In the last round I thought froch might even drop Kessler but he is a tough tough competitor .
            fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• binnie
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • May 2006

Yeah, I thought Kessler was gonna stop Froch in the 11th. Great fight.

Like I said, if Kessler had started faster he would probably have edged. I don't think he's anywhere near the man he was 5 years ago (speed and precision wise) - not taking anything away from Froch in saying that, just stating that it's clear.

I think that there might be a rematch. Either that or Froch could re-match Ward (which would be silly as Ward would just dance round him again) or perhaps fight BHop (assuming Bhop would be interested) at 175.

Kessler should probably hang 'em up. He's one of the best 168lbs has ever seen. If he decided to fight on, Arthur Abraham would be a good fight; as would Stieglitz (although he is on the up, and Mikkel is on the way down). Even Lucien Bute is a good fight for Kessler.

Comment

• binnie
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • May 2006

Mayweather - Alvarez is signed for Sept 14th at a catchweight of 152lbs.

Of the list of fighters Showtime lined up for their 6 pack, Alvarez is the only genuinely dangerous one for Floyd. Should be interesting.....

Comment

• Von Halen
                  ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Originally posted by binnie

Of the list of fighters Showtime lined up for their 6 pack, Alvarez is the only genuinely dangerous one for Floyd. Should be interesting.....
                  Should be very interesting.

Even though it is at 152, the belts are on the line.

Mayweather had to do this fight. It's really the only one for him. I like this fight much better than a Pac-man fight.

Comment

• TFM_Dale
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Jan 2009

Originally posted by binnie

Tick tock Alvarez, I don't think it will be as close as alot of people are saying, just another name on Floyd's list, Alvarez can ask The Ghost how that feels

Comment

• TFM_Dale
                      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                      • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Von Halen
                      Should be very interesting.

Even though it is at 152, the belts are on the line.

Mayweather had to do this fight. It's really the only one for him. I like this fight much better than a Pac-man fight.
                      I agree with the Paq-Fraud part of it, that would be a massacre.

Comment

• jhale667
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Aug 2004

Originally posted by TFM_Dale
                        Tick tock Alvarez, I don't think it will be as close as alot of people are saying, just another name on Floyd's list, Alvarez can ask The Ghost how that feels

Totally agree. It's not like that little head-bob trick that confounded Trout is gonna bother Floyd in the slightes. Canelo's only hope is a lucky shot - as was Ghost's. Doubt it'll happen.

As for Pac-fraud - Floyd's seen the shot that drops him, and could make that happen way faster than JMM did.
                        Originally posted by conmee
                        If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
                        Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
                        I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
                        Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
                        Originally posted by eddie78
                        I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• vandeleur
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Sep 2009

I think it will be a decent match up ,lets face it mayweather is running out of opponents to beat up.

Comment

• jhale667
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Aug 2004

Originally posted by vandeleur
                            I think it will be a decent match up ,lets face it mayweather is running out of opponents to beat up.
                            Oh yeah, the dude's got some power, and will try to bully Floyd... but better fighters than him have tried that tact and failed miserably. Imagining short of a lucky shot, after feeling him out the first couple of rounds Floyd will make him look like an amateur like he did Guerrero and get the UD.
                            Originally posted by conmee
                            If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
                            Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
                            I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
                            Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
                            Originally posted by eddie78
                            I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• binnie
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • May 2006

The reason it is dangerous for Floyd (as far as any fight is 'dangerous' for Floyd is twofold):

1) Floyd has never looked as good at 154 as he does elsewhere (think DLH and Cotto)

2) Weight. Floyd will be about 148 in the ring (he isn't really a welter, let alone a light middle); Alvarez will be about 170. That is a HUGE difference, and it will be significant.

Alvarez will try to impose his size. Problem is that he's not a volume puncher - that will allow Floyd space.

But if Floyd wins, anyone who says he ducks fighters or doesn't fight them in their prime can blow me........

Comment

• vandeleur
                                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                                • Sep 2009

[QUOTEBut if Floyd wins, anyone who says he ducks fighters or doesn't fight them in their prime can blow me........[/QUOTE]

I thought that when they announced it , if there was any doubters this shuts them up

Comment

Working...