• Show
Clear All
  • TFM_Dale
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Jan 2009

Originally posted by binnie
    Well, here goes:

Lewis - Ali

Lewis, UD 12. Yeah, I know Ali is 'the greatest'. But I always ask myself - 'who did he fight that could box?' Put a slugger in front of him, and Ali wins all day. But what about a guy who can move, and box? Norton gave Ali fits for those reasons and Lewis is a whole different ball-game to Norton. With big power, a jab far superior to anyone Ali had ever faced (and second only to Larry Holmes) and having a significant advantage in size, a prime Lennox Lewis would have out-boxed Ali. There, I said it. (I also think that a prime Larry Holmes would have been all wrong for Ali, too).

Tyson - Liston

Waaaaar! Liston's jab undoubtedly causes Tyson problems, but has Liston ever been hit so hard and so fast? I think not - Tyson by TKO in the middle rounds.

Vitali - Foreman

Vitali UD 12. Another one that will surprise people. Foreman was a KO merchant. Problem this time round is that no-one has ever put Vitali down or, if we're honest, hurt him. He took everything Lewis had to throw and kept coming, for instance. In fact, the only time Vitali has lost is due to injury - a shoulder to Chris Byrd, and the need for dozens of stiches in his face against Lewis. Foreman was also used to being the bigger guy - but 6'3'' and 220lbs would feel mighty small against 6'7'' and 250lbs - he might have struggled to land regularly. I give Foreman enough respect to survive the barrage of punishment he takes here - Vitali has one of the highest KO percentages of all time - but I just don't see him being able to outwork Vitali over twelve.

Frazier - Marciano

This would be an all time classic. Both guys fight in phone-booths; both are about the same size. I just sense that Marciano is tougher, but not by much. And his right hand is everyone's nightmare. So I say Marciano by stoppage after an all time classic bout.

binnie - Harrison.

Harrison doesn't even show up because he's terrified.
    I know you love Bitchko and Lewis, just wondering what you think would have happened in a rematch?

Comment

• vandeleur
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Sep 2009

Ali ... I don't like Lewis
      Frazier
      Foreman , the foreman who destroyed Frazier would have defeated any heavyweight ever !!! The fact that Ali broke him . A fact documented and confirmed by foreman himself . If Foreman had of beaten Ali or ducked him foreman would have bashed the division for years .
      Young Tyson
      Binnie vs Audrey Hepburn . Draw ;-)

And larry Holmes is / was very under rated amongst the greats .
      fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• binnie
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • May 2006

Originally posted by TFM_Dale
        I know you love Bitchko and Lewis, just wondering what you think would have happened in a rematch?
        Lewis would have won the rematch. If you go through his career, he always performed better in rematches. Plus, Vitali was a very late stand in for the first fight, so second time round Lewis would have trained with him in mind.

Don't really 'love' either fighter - I respect Lewis immensely: he wasn't always exciting, but he was incredibly talented and his ability to move so well for a big man means that he would be a nightmare for any of the greats in history. Vitali is as tough as they come - it's not the Klits fault that there's not really been any quality opposition to challenge them but, once again, their sheer size means that the great fighters of the '60s and '70s would have had serious problems with them - giving a way 5'' in height and 30lbs is a lot to ask of anyone. We all gravitate to the Alis and and Foreman's of the world, but when you take out emotion and think about the logistics of fighting, you'd have to admit that they'd be a hard night's work for anyone. With Wlad's chin, there's always a chance that someone lands a 'lucky shot' and KOs him. Vitali, however, has a granite jaw - I just don't see how people from the eras where heavyweights were smaller could beat him.
        The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• binnie
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • May 2006

Originally posted by vandeleur

And larry Holmes is / was very under rated amongst the greats .
          I think that if there was a tournament between the 15 best heavyweights of all time, Larry Holmes would have come out on top. He was just too good a boxer - I figure he's have boxed Ali's head off (again, Ali didn't ever fight anyone who could really box). The two fights I have any doubts about Holmes winning would be Vitali, and Tyson (I think Mike's speed gives Holmes problems).

Comment

• TFM_Dale
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Jan 2009

Originally posted by binnie
            Lewis would have won the rematch. If you go through his career, he always performed better in rematches. Plus, Vitali was a very late stand in for the first fight, so second time round Lewis would have trained with him in mind.

Don't really 'love' either fighter - I respect Lewis immensely: he wasn't always exciting, but he was incredibly talented and his ability to move so well for a big man means that he would be a nightmare for any of the greats in history. Vitali is as tough as they come - it's not the Klits fault that there's not really been any quality opposition to challenge them but, once again, their sheer size means that the great fighters of the '60s and '70s would have had serious problems with them - giving a way 5'' in height and 30lbs is a lot to ask of anyone. We all gravitate to the Alis and and Foreman's of the world, but when you take out emotion and think about the logistics of fighting, you'd have to admit that they'd be a hard night's work for anyone. With Wlad's chin, there's always a chance that someone lands a 'lucky shot' and KOs him. Vitali, however, has a granite jaw - I just don't see how people from the eras where heavyweights were smaller could beat him.
            I was just interested in how you thought it would have played out

Comment

• binnie
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • May 2006

Good fights last night. Nathan Cleverly lost his WBO light-heavyweight title to Sergey Kovalev (who may be the new force in the division):

Daniel Geale also lost his IBF Middleweight title to Darren Barker. Really cracking fight if you get chance to see it.

Comment

• vandeleur
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Sep 2009

Yeah I just read about the cleverly fight ... Seems he was blown away . Bit of a surprise I thought he was on course to join up the titles

Comment

• binnie
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • May 2006

He was completely blown away - a bit of surprise since I don't think he's ever been down (or even hurt) before. Kovalev is big dude for 175 though, Cleverely looked small by comparison.

I don't think it's the end for Cleverely. It is probably the first time he's met a genuinely world class fighter, however, and he came up very short.

Kovalev-Tarvoris Cloud would be a great fight in the future.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Comment

• jhale667
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Aug 2004

Saw that happen at another fight and the dude that got kissed immediately took a step back and knocked the other dude the F out.
                      Originally posted by conmee
                      If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
                      Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
                      I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
                      Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
                      Originally posted by eddie78
                      I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• vandeleur
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Sep 2009

J I saw that clip on YouTube ... That's what I thought the Sesh clip was at first .
                        Dodgy trick in boxing to out your face that close .

Comment

• jhale667
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Aug 2004

Originally posted by vandeleur
                          J I saw that clip on YouTube ... That's what I thought the Sesh clip was at first .
                          Dodgy trick in boxing to out your face that close .

Wish I could find it, it's funny as hell... especially when the dude starts apologizing for knocking the dude out when he gets DQ'd for hitting before the bell... something to the effect of:

"What?!? I'm sorry, I thought he was coming on to me, and I'm not a homosexual! I mean, he kissed me!?!"

And when they show the dude on the canvas coming to, he's looking up like "I can't believe he just HIT me!" Like WTF was he expecting him to do?

Originally posted by conmee
                          If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
                          Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
                          I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
                          Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
                          Originally posted by eddie78
                          I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• binnie
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • May 2006

Handbags!

Comment

• ToraToraTora
                              Head Fluffer
                              • Aug 2010

Was at the Ricky Burns V Raymundo Beltran fight last night in Glasgow. I like Ricky, limited ability, heart of a lion and a very very nice guy. Last nights result was a fuckin disgrace. Beltran bossed this fight from start to the 10th round even scoring a knockdown in the 8th. Ricky shaded that last 2 rounds.....just. Result....a draw, a fuckin draw. Beltran must be absolutely gutted, he couldn't do any more and was robbed of the title. Ricky fought from the 2nd with a dislocated jaw and fair play to him for carrying on until the end, but even he must be waking up in his hospital bed this morning thinking that he lost that fight. Results like this are what give boxing the terrible reputation it has for looking after it's box office draws. Ricky's fights in Scotland are huge events attended by 1000's of punters. Eddie Hearn had obviously being showing the judges some great hospitality and they helped out his fighter, one judge had Ricky 3 rounds ahead???? I am fuckin embarrassed by this result. Disgrace. Rant over.

And the silence from the home crowd when their boy kept his belt said it all.
                              Last edited by ToraToraTora; 09-08-2013, 05:55 AM.

Comment

• vandeleur
                                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                                • Sep 2009

Yeah I thought the crowds reaction was the true story , fair play to Ricky for carrying on but he lost the fight .

Comment

Working...