• sonrisa salvaje
      Veteran
      • Jun 2005

Originally posted by binnie
      Good fights this weekend:

Rigondeaux - Abgeko

Trout - Lara

Both should be interesting.
      You are right. Rigondeaux is always a pleasure to watch. I am also interested in Paulie Malignaggi vs. Zab Judah. They are certainly not world beaters anymore but i think it will be entertaining.
      RIDE TO LIVE, LIVE TO RIDE
      LET `EM ROLL ONE MORE TIME

Comment

• binnie
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • May 2006

Yeah, it should be entertaining. Malignaggi will win - he's not as shop worn as Juddah (who had all the physical attributes to be a true great....)
        The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• binnie
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • May 2006

Rigondeux looked sensational - no surprise there.

Lara completely outboxed Trout: THAT surprised me.

Comment

• binnie
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • May 2006

Who will Floyd's next opponent be?

Supposed to be announced this week.

Comment

• katina
              Commando
              • Mar 2012

I´m glad that El Chino Maidana defeated A. Broner and won the Welter title.

I´m not big fan of boxing, but that was a great fight.

Comment

• sonrisa salvaje
                Veteran
                • Jun 2005

Originally posted by katina
                I´m glad that El Chino Maidana defeated A. Broner and won the Welter title.

I´m not big fan of boxing, but that was a great fight.
                I would have posted last night but I was too busy celebrating. I haven't enjoyed an ass whipping like that in a long time. Broner got what his little bitch ass deserved. His trash talking finally got the best of him. Like the man he is, he immediately left the ring following his defeat. It didn't surprise me at all that he didn't stand there and talk about his defeat in the post fight interviews as Paulie M had done in their previous fight. He ran out of the ring to jeers and flying cups under the protection of his handlers. I hope Maidana doesn't give him a rematch but instead fights Keith "One Time" Thurman who is truly deserving. That would be one hell of a war and a fight of the year candidate for 2014.
                RIDE TO LIVE, LIVE TO RIDE
                LET `EM ROLL ONE MORE TIME

Comment

• ToraToraTora
                  Head Fluffer
                  • Aug 2010

BRONER HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHA ...BREATH...HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...BREATH..HAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...laffathon over

That rolling around the ring when he got nutted was the funniest thing i ever saw.

Comment

• vandeleur
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Sep 2009

Vit Klit hangs up his gloves ?

World heavyweight champion Vitali Klitschko gives up his WBC title in order to focus on politics in Ukraine.

Vitali Klitschko: Heavyweight champion swaps boxing for politics
                    World heavyweight champion Vitali Klitschko has given up his WBC title and says he is unlikely to fight again because he is focusing on politics.

The World Boxing Council has made him a "champion emeritus", which would allow him to directly challenge a new champion if he wants to resume boxing.

But the 42-year-old, who is a Ukrainian opposition leader, said: "That is something I currently cannot imagine.

"My focus is on politics in Ukraine and I feel the people there need me."

Klitschko beat Herbie Hide to win the WBO world heavyweight title in London in 1999

Massive crowds have demonstrated for weeks in Kiev against President Viktor Yanukovych's decision to shun closer ties with the European Union and Klitschko, who is very pro-EU and plans to run for president in 2015, has been prominent in the protests.

They were sparked by the Ukrainian government's decision not to sign a partnership deal with the EU - a move which seemed to come as a result of pressure from Russia.

The 6ft 7in heavyweight has won 45 of his 47 professional fights, 41 by knockout, with one of his two defeats a controversial reverse against Britain's Lennox Lewis in 2003.

The Ukrainian's younger brother Wladimir holds the other significant world heavyweight belts.

"I thank the WBC and its president Jose Sulaiman for the support in our battle for democracy and freedom in Ukraine," added the older Klitschko, who is leader of the Udar (Punch) political party.

Klitschko's last fight was in September 2012 when he stopped Manuel Charr in the fourth round.
                    fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• binnie
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • May 2006

Probably means Wlad will get the WBC strap now - can't see any of the other crop standing in his way.

Comment

• vandeleur
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Sep 2009

After a late night drunken argument that involved me being out numbered in the opinion that Lennox Lewis was shit , punched like a girl and that I could take him if he was in the pub at that moment .
                        Any hoo I promised to have a bit of a revision of his career so I hit the old u tubes with some beer tubes .

Ok then he was better than I remembered , I still think he chinned a shot Tyson .
                        But he was a significantly better fighter than I gave credit .
                        There I said it

Comment

• Phil Buttixx
                          Roth Army Recruit
                          • Dec 2013

Originally posted by vandeleur
                          After a late night drunken argument that involved me being out numbered in the opinion that Lennox Lewis was shit , punched like a girl and that I could take him if he was in the pub at that moment .
                          Any hoo I promised to have a bit of a revision of his career so I hit the old u tubes with some beer tubes .

Ok then he was better than I remembered , I still think he chinned a shot Tyson .
                          There I said it
                          I hated that cunt and his fake english accent.

Comment

• binnie
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • May 2006

Originally posted by vandeleur

There I said it
                            Errrr, I think you're still way off with 'better fighter than I gave credit'.

Lewis changed the heavyweight division. Here was a 6'6'' guy who at 240-250lbs moved like a middleweight, had incredible timing, put his punches together incredibly well and had the second best jab in heavyweight history (Holmes being the best). He wasn't always exciting to watch, and could be over-cautious, but he could punch like an absolute motherfucker (watch the Razor Ruddock and Andrew Golota fights). He not only unifed the heavy division (which no-one has done since) he beat everyone there was to beat including some truly excellent fighters (Evander Holyfield) and a whole lot of very good ones (Golotta, Briggs, Vitali, Bruno, McCall, Rahman). An all time great for sure, even if his style made him difficult to love.

I'd actually say that if he was on top form, he could have beaten any heavyweight in history. A guy that big, with those skills gives all of the greats absolute fits.

But, yeah, the Tyson fight counts for nothing. Absolutely nothing. Tyson was only a name then and hadn't fought a top ten heavyweight in a decade. I'm of the opinion that Lewis would have beaten Tyson if they'd met in their primes - 7'' in height and 35lbs in weight is a tough gig to overcome, especially when you add in that jab. However, I'm confident that if Tyson and Holyfield met in their primes (at a period where Tyson still had Kevin Rooney in the corner) Tyson comes out on top.

Comment

• binnie
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • May 2006

So, Floyd Mayweather is due to fight on May 3rd (and presumably later in the year, too).

Who will he end up fighting?

My guess is that Amir Khan will get the May 3rd shot, with Maidanna on the undercard to set up a fighter with the winner (i.e. Mayweather) in Septemer/October. Khan doesn't deserve that shot, but Danny Garcia probably doesn't quite have the stature to bring in the $$$ just yet, and Tim Bradley is promoted by Bob Arum, so I can't see that happening unless Bradley changes promoters. Maidanna is a more exciting fight, and I think he's looked better in the last 18 months......

Comment

• vandeleur
                                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                                • Sep 2009

Amir khan keeps getting a mention ... It's gotta be khans last fight .
                                Surely mayweather will destroy him , khan is to easy to hit .. Apart from the obvious other factors .

Comment

Working...