• Show
Clear All
  • binnie
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • May 2006

Originally posted by Grant
    C'mon mate, where's your optimism?

As Dan has put is so often in this thread, "Anything can happen!"
    Well, I don't think its inconceivable that England could win, but I'd say it's hardly likely.

Whilst SA have been rocked in this tournament, they have always pulled it back and won. They just have way too much pace for England, and seem to be amazing at punishing mistakes.

I don;t think it will anything like as one-sided as before, but the Boks will still win.
    The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• Dan
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Jan 2004

The S.A. Team Will Target Jonny Wilkson And Take Him Out Of The Picture.

Both Forward Packs Will Meet Heat To Head And The S.A. Team Are Too Strong For The England Team.

Why? Cos The English Team Have Too Many Old Guys To Handle The Full 80 Minutes.
      First Roth Army Kiwi To See Van Halen Live 6/16/2012 Phoenix Arizona.

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Dan
        The English Team Have Too Many Old Guys To Handle The Full 80 Minutes.
        Watch out, Dan... How old are they, in fact?? :p
        posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
        posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

• binnie
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • May 2006

If England actually win, it'd make a great story wouldn't it? Written off, playing dogshit, and then coming back and beating the team who embarrassed them.

I'm guessing the rest of the world in rooting for the Boks though?

Comment

• Seshmeister
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

No it'll make a shit story...

I'm afraid I have to support the nazi's against England because if England win the British media will be unbearable. Also I hate the way England play rugby.

England should on paper win it every time since they have 10 times as many players to choose from as any other country in it. Then they make out like it's some amazing achievement any time they do anything.

Comment

• binnie
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • May 2006

Originally posted by Seshmeister
              No it'll make a shit story...

I'm afraid I have to support the nazi's against England because if England win the British media will be unbearable. Also I hate the way England play rugby.

England should on paper win it every time since they have 10 times as many players to choose from as any other country in it. Then they make out like it's some amazing achievement any time they do anything.
              That's a good point, the papers will be unbearable: but having said that, at least the English have been successful at Rugby (in recent years). The English football team is a joke, when was the last time they won anything major? And yet football gets all of the attention. So if the Rugger-Buggers do win then I think that the nation deserves to applaud them (to an extent) given that it is at least one sport they are at least half decent at.

I agree entirely however that the English play boring rugby - I doubt there are few people who would disagree. It is not very exciting to watch, and they are frankly predictable. For that alone, I would be more than happy if the Boks win, as they have played physical and exciting rugby all tournament.

Your reference to "the Nazi's" made me crack up!

Comment

• Dan
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Jérôme Frenchise
                Watch out, Dan... How old are they, in fact?? :p
                They Were Around When The Wheel Was Invented.

Comment

• Grant
                  Sniper
                  • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Dan
                  The S.A. Team Will Target Jonny Wilkson And Take Him Out Of The Picture.
                  Putting a constipation laxative in his drink bottle before the match will always do the trick.

Comment

• Dan
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Jan 2004

Putting a constipation laxative in his drink bottle before the match will always do the trick.
                    LOL,That's The Way To Do It.

Comment

• Dan
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Jan 2004

Great Game This Morning.That's How A Game Of Rugby Should Be Played.

7-10 For The Game,Good To See A Few More Points Scored In This Match.

Third Play Goes To Argentina.They Did A Great Job By Getting There.

France,What Can You Say?

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Dan
                        Great Game This Morning.That's How A Game Of Rugby Should Be Played.

7-10 For The Game,Good To See A Few More Points Scored In This Match.

Third Play Goes To Argentina.They Did A Great Job By Getting There.

France,What Can You Say?
                        34 : 10 !!! :eek:

I didn't watch that match for some reason, but heard about the result on my way back home... What a humiliation! 5 tries to 1! Argentina tread on France, nothing else to say!

Go the Boks!
                        posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
                        posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

• Kelly
                          Groupie
                          • Jan 2004

Yeah, Argies were great. France played their final against the ABs. They are mad geniuses I reckon - brilliant one game, insane the next.

Ok, the Final. I hoping the Boks will win. Agree with others that England will be unbearable if they win again. I think England will do their best to squeeze the life out of the Boks. IF the Bok forwards gain supremecy they will win. If England forwards do, England will win.

Please God or Satan, let it be the Boks!!

2011: us kiwi's will be faced with the same situation as every world cup (except the first) - high hopes, great team, but no world cup. It's ok we're used to it. Consistantly the best team in the world, but just don't know how to win the cup. I still love them.

Comment

• Dan
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Kelly

2011: us kiwi's will be faced with the same situation as every world cup (except the first) - high hopes, great team, but no world cup. It's ok we're used to it. Consistantly the best team in the world, but just don't know how to win the cup. I still love them.
                            Amen To That,Kelly.

Comment

• Grant
                              Sniper
                              • Feb 2005

Missed the game. I was banking on Argies to win, but I didn't get to put a bet on, I would've been a rich man if I did, the betting agencies here had the French as favourites. I'll have to try catch a repeat of the game.

It will be unbearable if England win again. I still remember all the boasting Poms in the pubs here during the last World Cup...and many weeks after the final.

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
                                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                                • Nov 2004

Missed the game. I was banking on Argies to win, but I didn't get to put a bet on, I would've been a rich man if I did, the betting agencies here had the French as favourites. I'll have to try catch a repeat of the game.
                                Too bad you won't ca$h in, Grant!
                                I read about the match this morning in the French press, they say it was a terrible match to watch...
                                OK, maybe it was terrible, but had the Blue won, under the same circomstances, I mean, the same game on the ground, they would find it fine... I'll never understand those chauvinists, they're no real sports fans, I say!

It will be unbearable if England win again. I still remember all the boasting Poms in the pubs here during the last World Cup...and many weeks after the final.
                                YESSSS! They need to be taken down a peg or two...

Go the Boks!!!

Comment

Working...