Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ALinChainz
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jan 2004

Maxiell ... yeah, he lit it up in game one ... played 3 minutes in game two .. non-existent after that.

Fucking Flip ...

Comment

• POJO_Risin
      Roth Army Caesar
      • Mar 2003

He had a Mahornish presence...
      "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• GO-SPURS-GO
        Sniper
        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by POJO_Risin
        You unchainme...

HAVE YOU WATCHED THE CAVS THIS YEAR?

the Cavs PLAY LIKE San Antonio...

They do play like the Spurs. That's why they are in the Finals. Mike Brown and Hank Egan, used to be Pop's assistant coaches before PJ. The Cavs GM Danny Ferry, won a ring in 2003 with the Spurs. And Lance Blanks, Ferry's assistant GM was a scout for the Spurs. That's the reason the Cavs are boring. I'll take a boring winning team, instead of a flashy high scoring teams like the Suns and The Denver Thug-ets, and choke 3 years in the row. The Spurs will have a better front line next year, when they bring in Luis Scola. People have forgotten that we drafted him. We will then have 3 Gold medal winners from that good Argintinian team that will play for the Spurs. The Spurs are a great Pick & Roll/Backdoor style team. Throw in Scola, The Spurs will be unstoppable in the paint. If Larry Brown was the coach for the Pistons in the Cavs series, Pistons win in 5 or 6. Trading a Defensive Philosophy, for an Offensive Philosophy doesn't win Championships. Ask the Suns, Warriors and Denver. When was the last Offensive minded team to win a Championship in the NFL or the NBA in the last 15+ plus years? The ST. Louis Rams is the only team to come to my mind. Getting rid of Big Ben, was a horrible decision. Anyways... Good luck with your teams in the future...
        https://www.facebook.com/warren.hammonds.58
        http://www.soundclick.com/bands/defa...bandID=1001063

Comment

• POJO_Risin
          Roth Army Caesar
          • Mar 2003

You are misconstruing the term boring...

as not good...

the two aren't congruent...

as for offensive minded teams...

I don't...

what about Indianapolis?...

lmfao...

this year?
          "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• POJO_Risin
            Roth Army Caesar
            • Mar 2003

I know all those San Antonio relationships...by the way...which is why I made that comment...

Let me just say this...

people confuse defense...as a mutually exclusive term...

the BEST teams don't play defense first...they play both offense and defense...

The Pistons were brutal on defense in the late 80's and early 90's...but Isiah, Dumars, James Edwards and Mark Aguirre were all offensive threats...in particular...in the finals...

Truth be told...there really isn't a whole lot different between the Bad Boys Pistons and the Spurs...swarming defense and lock offensive players. The difference is the Bad Boys...there was gang like mentality...

I don't have to mention the Bulls...

The Rockets...good defense...but had Hakeem and Clyde the Glide...Vernon Maxwell, Horry and Kenny Smith...even Otis Thorpe...

Point?

It's not just about defense...OR offense...

Comment

• GO-SPURS-GO
              Sniper
              • Feb 2007

Originally posted by POJO_Risin

what about Indianapolis?...

Man, I forgot about them. I don't think that I articulated my thoughts right. What i mean about offensive minded, is teams that want to score 120+ points a game. If my memory serves me right, The Bulls final scores would be like 95 to 83, or something like that. Right? Everyone gave Steve Nash for scoring 30 points against the Spurs all the credit, but Tony Parker goes for 29 points in the same game. They cancel each other out. The Spurs have never lost to a Steve Nash lead team in the playoffs. They are 5 and 0 against Dallas and Phoenix. Take care!

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
                The Spurs have never lost to a Steve Nash lead team in the playoffs. They are 5 and 0 against Dallas and Phoenix. Take care!
                Give Stern and his no-brain, weasel, Yes-man Stu Jackson credit for this series win.

They take out Amare and his replacement Diaw for nothing.

Handed them the series. A joke. The single worst decision in the history of sports.

Phoenix will beat them next year, I guarantee.
                sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• GO-SPURS-GO
                  Sniper
                  • Feb 2007

Originally posted by DavidFlamma
                  Give Stern and his no-brain, weasel, Yes-man Stu Jackson credit for this series win.

They take out Amare and his replacement Diaw for nothing.

Handed them the series. A joke. The single worst decision in the history of sports.

Phoenix will beat them next year, I guarantee.
                  Ok, lets take away game five. The Spurs are still up 3 games to 2. And Steve has never beat the Spurs 2 games in a row. STEVE IS 0 AND 5 AGAINST THE SPURS IN THE PLAYOFFS. GET OVER IT! His is the most over-rated player in the NBA. Maybe the biggest choke artist in the history of the NBA. I think he's the only 2 time MVP that has never took his team to the finals. But the media gives him a pass on this because he is "the great white hope." If Ginobili or Parker did the same as Amare/Diaw, you would have favored the NBA's decision. If you would say otherwise, you are a damn liar! GO SPURS!

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                    ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Problem is that the Suns tried to win Game 5.

They had really a 6-man rotation that day and wasted themselves for game 6. They had no chance in game 6 after wasting themselves. Small edges mean everything at this level of competition,

They should have sat all their starters in protest, really.

No one who knows anything about basketball or the rule itself thinks it is fair.

Earlier Duncan and other Spurs left the bench area when one of their players was dumped under the Spurs basket. Jackson could have easily determined that their was no altracation here either, as was determined when Duncan stepped out onto the court in protest. A joke.

Jackson says he had no choice but essentially he did. Diaw literally took three steps on the sideline and stopped. Watch it. It is a complete joke. Amare did look like he wanted to start something but didn't.
                    sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• GO-SPURS-GO
                      Sniper
                      • Feb 2007

Problem is that the Suns tried to win Game 5.

They had really a 6-man rotation that day and wasted themselves for game 6. They had no chance in game 6 after wasting themselves. Small edges mean everything at this level of competition,

Fault the Suns GM, for giving 3 big contracts to Amare, Steve and Marion. By doing that, they can't afford to go out a get another player to stop Duncan. The Spurs have 1 big contract with Tim, and that allows them to sign Parker and Manu to a long term deal. We have a better GM than the Suns. We still have money next year to bring in Scola. Scola will school Amare on how to play the pick and roll. The bottom line is.... Steve is 0 and 5 against the Spurs. Steve will be 35 next year right? He Is getting heavy minutes in the regular season to make the Suns record look good, but he wears down in the playoffs. Again, that's the Suns fault. Nash is getting old. And no big money to get a quality back-up. I see you guys trading Marion. Every year the Spurs shut him down. Man, what happened to Barbosa? We made him into a one trick pony. Dallas Cowboys coach Jimmy Johnson once said "Offense sells tickets, Defense wins Championships." Take care....

Comment

• chi-town324
                        Crazy Ass Mofo
                        • Feb 2007

Cavs down 19 middle of the second quarter...ouch!!

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                          ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
                          Nash is getting old. And no big money to get a quality back-up. I see you guys trading Marion. Every year the Spurs shut him down. Man, what happened to Barbosa? We made him into a one trick pony. Dallas Cowboys coach Jimmy Johnson once said "Offense sells tickets, Defense wins Championships." Take care....
                          Well, Nash seems to be having better and better years each and every year.

Barbosa disappeared and Marion couldn't do much against the Spurs.

I would like to see Nash perform better against top competition, but his teammates did not do enough. Stern didn't help either.
                          sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                            ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

This Finals Blows!

I sure hope Cleveland can do something at home because this is just embarrassing.

I think Kobe just found his way to get to the Finals...get traded to the East.

Although I would hardly call that contending.
                            sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                              ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Z is just useless out there.

At least they showed some life in the 4th.

Still brutal
                              sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• GO-SPURS-GO
                                Sniper
                                • Feb 2007

Well, Nash seems to be having better and better years each and every year.

Barbosa disappeared and Marion couldn't do much against the Spurs.

I would like to see Nash perform better against top competition, but his teammates did not do enough. Stern didn't help either.
                                That's true about Nash, the last 3 years are his best. The 2nd Law of Thermodynamics tells me, he will start to break down soon. They need to trade somebody. Who would you trade? To me, Marion is the obvious candidate. Nash can't be playing 40 plus minutes in the regular season. If he does that again this next season, they will lose to the Spurs in the playoffs, again. Be cool.....

Comment

Working...