Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • POJO_Risin
    Roth Army Caesar
    • Mar 2003

That's fine...as long as he truly doesn't know...

Cavs going after Anthony Parker...ugh...

Shawn Marion...ugh...

Some guy I've never heard of...ugh...who reminds me a bit of Sasha Pavlovic...um...didn't they just get rid of him?

Good to see the Cavs getting blown out of the water by every other half decent team in free agency...
    "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• POJO_Risin
      Roth Army Caesar
      • Mar 2003

That's fine...as long as he truly doesn't know...

Cavs going after Anthony Parker...ugh...

Shawn Marion...ugh...

Some guy I've never heard of...ugh...who reminds me a bit of Sasha Pavlovic...um...didn't they just get rid of him?

Good to see the Cavs getting blown out of the water by every other half decent team in free agency...
      "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• damngoodtimes
        Sniper
        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by POJO_Risin
        So...if the Cavs win a title...

what does that mean?
        it means you and me can both die happy, that's what it means.
        David Lee Roth's the greatest motherfucker who ever lived!
        — Brian Moore (@brianpmoore666) June 26, 2012

Comment

• damngoodtimes
          Sniper
          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by POJO_Risin
          Ahhh...you have to love the Cavs. It's interesting watching all these other players not give a shit about trying to play with LeBron:

--Villanueva signs with Detroit immediately (yeah AlinChainz, you would have loved the shit out of that one)

--Artest is set to sign with LA

--Ariza set to sign with Houston

--Wallace is set to sign with Boston...

and Cleveland gets old-man Shaq...

Oh Joy...
          Jim, I know I don't have to remind you that we're only playing with the mid-level exception here. We weren't ever going to get Villanueva, especially once our old buddy Boozer didn't test the market.

I know for a fact that YOU didn't want that shitbird Sheed. of course, I don't think you wanted Boston to get him, though. I don't think the Cavs were ever all that interested.

Artest would have been nice, I'll admit. But the dude already lives in LA. Very comparable teams, same money............he wasn't gonna sign with the Cavs.

Ariza is the one that puzzles me. It tells me that he doesn't give a shit. I suppose being 24 and already having a ring might do that to a kid. He goes to Houston of all places with no Yao. I think he knows that he'll get a lot more minutes in Houston than with the Cavs.

Don't forget that we got Shaq essentially FOR FREE, in terms of talent. Even at 37, he's an enormous upgrade over Big Ben's corpse.

So, we've already improved over last year, if you compare current roster to the one from the playoffs. We only need to resign Varejao (or replace him in kind) and find a wing player to replace the awesome production we got out of Sasha and WALL-E. Parker or Marion (even current-day Marion) would fit the bill. So would a Matt Barnes. All of those are upgrades.

Comment

• letsrock
            Veteran
            • Mar 2007

there will not be anything of great interest happening with the Cavs now.
            Unless they get rid of some bench players.
            thats the only way they can upgrade now.

Comment

• damngoodtimes
              Sniper
              • Jan 2004

still don't have a FA signed yet, but the news from yesterday was LeBron telling Ariza the other day that he plans to re-sign with the Cavs past 2010. the NY crazies at ESPN would never have believed it, but I've figured all along that he's not going anywhere. The most paranoid of beaten Cleveland fans probably still won't believe it, either.

Comment

• letsrock
                Veteran
                • Mar 2007

Why not just sign an extension then?
                Say for 3 years.

Comment

• damngoodtimes
                  Sniper
                  • Jan 2004

'cause he can get more money next year. those are the NBA's silly rules.

he still could sign one this year, but I doubt it. I don't think the Cavs can even offer the extension until tomorrow.

of course, espn is now saying that "sources" close to LBJ claim he didn't say what "sources" close to Ariza said he said. what a bunch of espn horseshit!! nobody has to get the story right anymore, because it's all attributed to unnamed "sources"

another reason not to sign it now, is that he doesn't have to. keeps his options open if things change.

contrast that with the only two good reasons to sign now: 1) it eliminates a distraction for this season, and 2) it helps the Cavs attract players now (this is a bit overstated, because the Cavs can't offer more than the MLE right now)

we'll see how it all plays out, but my money is on him staying

Comment

• damngoodtimes
                    Sniper
                    • Jan 2004

Cavs re-sign Varejao and add Anthony Parker.

They had to keep AV, as there is a real shortage on athletic young big men in the league who can defend and rebound. His offensive game isn't great, but without Ben Wallace on the team, that's much less of a liability. Hell, Zaza Pachulia just got 4 years from the Hawks.

Parker gives them the athletic 6'6" wing defender that they needed against Orlando, instead of having to watch Wally try to play defense, or trying to have AV guard a guy like Lewis (who is really a 6'-10" small forward). Parker has also shot close to 40% from 3-pt range.

So Cavs rotation looks like this:

C- Shaq, Z
                    PF - AV, (2nd tier FA), one of the young guys (Hickson or Jackson)
                    SF- LBJ, (Parker)
                    SG - West, Parker
                    PG - Mo, Gibson

they may still sign a guy like Channing Frye or even bring back Joe Smith to be another option at the 4.

same team as one that won 66 games last year, except replaced Ben with Shaq and replaced Wally/Sasha with Parker. both are significant upgrades.

I'm ready for the season to start.

Comment

• letsrock
                      Veteran
                      • Mar 2007

Will be very interesting if every one stays healthy.
                      Will be exciting to see how they now match up with Orlando and Boston.

Comment

• damngoodtimes
                        Sniper
                        • Jan 2004

agree.

I think Orlando made the matchup problems easier by swapping Hedo for VC. Carter's 4 inches shorter.

but, it looks like there's 5 big time title contenders in LA, Cle, Bos, SA, and Orl. certainly can't rule out Denver, Dallas either

Comment

• letsrock
                          Veteran
                          • Mar 2007

Sounds like Cleveland is finalizing signing this Parker guy.

Comment

• letsrock
                            Veteran
                            • Mar 2007

Plus they did give AV a 6 year $50mill contract.

Comment

• damngoodtimes
                              Sniper
                              • Jan 2004

I think I went easy on them back in May.

JESUS H. CHRIST ARE THEY FUCKIN' SHITTY!!!

Comment

• twonabomber
                                formerly F A T
                                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Dolan is a cheap bastard and Wedge is useless.
                                Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

Working...