Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • POJO_Risin
    Roth Army Caesar
    • Mar 2003

I say that if you hire a buy like Valentine...that won't HURT asses in the seats...and will be entertaining if the team sucks...

Maybe he can get thrown out of a game...and come back later with a fucking disguise on...

You know...like this team does every year under Wedouche...
    "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• damngoodtimes
      Sniper
      • Jan 2004

I see we combined these...cool

I scanned the last page or two and some of the conversation is a bit confusing, but it made Letsrock's Cavs analogy on the Indians even better. well done.
      David Lee Roth's the greatest motherfucker who ever lived!
      — Brian Moore (@brianpmoore666) June 26, 2012

Comment

• damngoodtimes
        Sniper
        • Jan 2004

fuckin' Browns at it again. another QB controversy.

bring in Anderson and he does what you would expect. move the ball and throw picks.

Mangini has that look on his face that says, "how the fuck did I get into this?" he gets to make choice at QB between two guys who will both make him look like he made the wrong decision.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
          Roth Army Caesar
          • Mar 2003

Quinn and Anderson both suck...

Not letting Anderson go was a big mistake...and moving up to take the overrated Quinn...well...

nuff said...
          "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• POJO_Risin
            Roth Army Caesar
            • Mar 2003

Delonte West...oy...

First, arrested for gun possession in Maryland after police pulled over his three-wheeler for a traffic violation and finding he was carrying three loaded weapons -- two handguns and a shotgun in a guitar case he had on his back.

Seriously...who the fuck is this guy, El Mariachi from fucking Desperado?

Then he doesn't show up for practice...

I know...he's Bipolar...I get it...

But shit, is anyone else worried that we're going to find him in a hotel room somewhere...at some point...because he forgets to take his correct meds?

This is wonderful...the year we need to win a title...or likely lose LeBron...

Comment

• twonabomber
              formerly F A T
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Eric Wedge fired.

'bout fuckin' time.
              Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• damngoodtimes
                Sniper
                • Jan 2004

I'm very worried about Delonte. when I heard he didn't show yesterday, my first thought was that he was dead somewhere.

and he's more important than most people acknowledge. Mo gets more ink, but I think West is more valuable.

Comment

• damngoodtimes
                  Sniper
                  • Jan 2004

Wedge finally toast. It will be very interesting to see which direction Shapiro goes with this hire. Cause when the next guy leaves, he's taking Mark with him.

Comment

• damngoodtimes
                    Sniper
                    • Jan 2004

busy sports news day in Cleveland.

Mangini decides not to pretend to keep a secret that was going to get out anyway and names Anderson the starter this week. I suppose it's the right move. Quinn just hasn't done ANYTHING in 10 qtrs. one of these guys, if not both, absolutely has to be gone in the offseason.

all that being said, I did pick up the Bengals D in my fantasy league this week.........

Comment

• alexpgrimes
                      Foot Soldier
                      • Jan 2004

maybe the browns should give cribbs a shot at qb. couldn't hurt at this point.
                      If I want any shit out of you, I'll squeeze your head.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                        Roth Army Caesar
                        • Mar 2003

Delonte is really the glue of that team with regards to the guard position...which may have been the problem.

He played fantastically...but really is too short for what they want to do at the 2...and not a good enough ball-handler for what they want to do at the 1...

but...he can defend like a mother...and has improved in that regard exponentially over the past two seasons.

Which made him at least as valuable as Mo Williams in my opinion...

Say what you want about Mo...he can't defend all that well...and when he was asked to, in the playoffs...his game fell apart...

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                          Roth Army Caesar
                          • Mar 2003

As for Wedge...I couldn't be happier...and goodbye to that shitty-ass staff...seriously...the worst managerial staff in the game...top to bottom.

According to Anthony Castrovince...

"Regarding Wedge's eventual replacement, an internal hire is considered highly unlikely. If that's the case, then the Tribe will go outside the organization to hire its manager for the first time since John McNamara took over in 1990."

John Farrell is on the top of everyone's list, but Fox Sports' Ken Rosenthal has reported that according to major league sources, Farrell's contract states that he cannot accept an outside managerial position until after the 2010 season.

I'm not sure how true that is, nor am I sure at how much of a lock that is if it is true. He should be #1 on the list.

Now, I do wonder if there isn't more to the fact that they announced Wedge's firing today...the same day that Bobby Valentine returns to ESPN as an analyst.

There are many rumors about Valentine returning to the Mets. His ESPN deal is for the rest of this year and next...but I'm sure there's a clause that could get him back in the dugout, should the right job arise.

We're going to hear the rumors about Mike Hargrove...for sure. He wants one more run as a manager...and this would be ideal for him in his eyes.

I even think Buddy Bell's name is a possibility...

There's some folks that think that Tony LaRussa wants out of St. Louis. I couldn't figure that one out for the life of me...but if he is...well...Cleveland will call. Of course, he isn't a big fan of young players...so this may not be a job he'd jump at.

For some reason...I think Buddy Bell could be the guy...

I don't think that's the best choice either...

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                            Roth Army Caesar
                            • Mar 2003

I wonder if Buck Showalter won't be in the mix...

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                              Roth Army Caesar
                              • Mar 2003

LeBron on Delonte...

"We've been around this block before with Delonte, so we know how to handle it," James said. "I'm sure he'll be OK. Basketball has nothing to do with what's going on. He needs to take as much time as he needs, and when he comes back, we'll welcome him as we've always done."

Comment

• twonabomber
                                formerly F A T
                                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Jim Donovan: "seven years as a big league manager is a good run"

yeah, when you're that bad a manager seven years IS a good run.

Donovan also says Wedge has a year left on his contract, that Dolan will pay it, and that the Tribe will probably end up with another guy who's been managing in the minors and not a big name guy.

which means...good seats available right up to game time!
                                Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

Working...