• Show
Clear All
  • POJO_Risin
    Roth Army Caesar
    • Mar 2003

Originally posted by DavidFlamma
    ...including the CFL.
    Dude...you said professional sport...

Flamma...good to see you! Honestly...I knew this would bring you out of the fucking woodwork...

Good to see you! For a second, I thought you signed with the Heat...

Or the Nunavut Lumberjacks...
    "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• POJO_Risin
      Roth Army Caesar
      • Mar 2003

This just in...

Pat Riley is allowing his wife to become a whore, to acquire more money for his two new whores...
      "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• POJO_Risin
        Roth Army Caesar
        • Mar 2003

From a poster at ESPN...just to show you how fucking stoopid people are...

extremely unprofessional move by cavs owner - Stern should step in and lay the hammer down - makes the nba look bad overall - free agency is part of the game - cavs have nobody to blame but themselves - they will be lucky to win 10 games next year

Comment

• POJO_Risin
          Roth Army Caesar
          • Mar 2003

Oh...that was unprofessional?

Oh, that makes the NBA look bad?

Comment

• twonabomber
            formerly F A T
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by POJO_Risin
            So twona...how goes it...
            i really thought he'd stay. not really surprised that he left. still a fan of the game, i'll watch the games because i enjoy 'em (i'll at least watch the games that aren't on ESPN).

on one hand, he didn't leave for something like a $100,000 dollar raise per year. on the other hand...the organization has seemingly bent over backwards to cater to this guy, and probably his hoodrat mother, too. what happens after a year or two in Miami and the desired outcome doesn't happen? can the Miami media be as cutthroat as the NYC media? more importantly, how much pull does Gloria have in South Beach?

i like Gilbert. i like the open letter. but to me, he's still not really a Clevelander. and that's coming from someone who really has no interest in the Ohio vs. Michigan thing, at least college wise. Gilbert has plenty of income streams to back up his words, as long as he doesn't get bored i think he'll put a competitive product on the court. second round playoffs competitive? we'll see.

seems like most of the big moves have been in the East, but i think the West is still stronger. you know Kobe's itching for a threepeat.

someone said "it's one of those things where you'll remember where you were when it happened." so i was in a little dive bar for wing night with Grimes, about 8 beers in but she only charged me for three. story of my fuckin' life!
            Last edited by twonabomber; 07-09-2010, 12:41 AM.
            Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• twonabomber
              formerly F A T
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

I can't believe I'm going to say this...but they may be the best team in Cleveland...and I'm not sure that's a compliment!
              Lake County Captains have qualified for the postseason...
              Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                Roth Army Caesar
                • Mar 2003

Yeah...but half their team left for fucking Kinston! The fucking traitors...

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                  Roth Army Caesar
                  • Mar 2003

In all seriousness...what the fuck...

I blame it all on spED...the fucker...

Comment

• SilvioDante
                    Head Fluffer
                    • Jan 2004

This whole circus amazes me..

First off, being a Steelers I am sworn to hate all things Cleveland, but today I feel sorry for Cleveland sports fans. What a kick in the onions that must have been. The thing I have always admired about Cleveland sports fans is their loyalty to their teams. After all the crap they are put thru, most still support their teams. And loyalty leads me here...

LaBron in a punk. Cleveland doesn't deserve him. I mean what an ego on this guy. Holding a 1 hour press conference on ESPN to announce that he has given up on trying to win a title in his home town and now he needs to go somewhere else with better players. Could you even picture in your mind Bird, Magic, Dr. J or Jordan coming out and saying "Look, I am just not good enough to do it myself." And all this hub bub for a guy that has AS MANY RINGS AS ME!!!!! He quit in the playoffs, pure and simple. Bird, Magic, Jordan, Duncan, Kobe. They are winners. LaBron, not so much.

ESPN.... Don't even get me started. They had to preempt the World Cup Pimp Show to put on the NBA Pimp Show. Soccer's ratings haven't jump that much in the US I guess. And could you imagine if he chose the Knicks? Dear Lord! Listening to ESPN try to sell the Knicks as a "storied franchise" and having to listen to Steve Lavin continually refer to MSG as the "Mecca of college basketball" (and growing up in Indiana I find that personally offensive) is bad enough. It would be All New York All The Time. It would be like baseball season year around. I can hear the promo's now: "This week on ESPN: Sunday Night, the Jets vs. somebody, Tuesday Night, The Yankees vs. somebody and Thursday Night, the Knicks vs. somebody." UUUggghhhh....

Nights like last night are why I have a hard time getting into the NBA. That was disgusting. All of that to sell the LaBron brand. There isn't gonna be enough basketball to go around for these guys. The Celtics did something similar to this I know, but those guys were at a different stage of their careers. These guys are are still trying to sell shoes, phones and hamburgers. No one wants to by a shoe worn by a guy that is only averaging 15 points a game.

In the end, count me in as a Cavs fan now, or at least until they win their title that the owner promised. I want to see the entire city of Cleveland give "The Chosen One" the finger!!
                    "Don't try to confuse the issue with half truths and gorilla dust." - Bill NcNeal

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                      ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Dude...you said professional sport...

Flamma...good to see you! Honestly...I knew this would bring you out of the fucking woodwork...

Good to see you! For a second, I thought you signed with the Heat...

Or the Nunavut Lumberjacks...
                      There was a US Air Base in Nunavut in WWII...who knew?

I have been reading your excellent rants in this thread here and there. Great entertainment!

The only hope for the NBA at this point is an all-European team. With all of the punks with their Twitter accounts and personal "Branding"...things are only going to get worse.

How about an all-Sweden team?
                      sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• DlocRoth
                        ROCKSTAR

• Jan 2004

Heat trade Beasley to the Timberwolves...

for a second round pick...

Fuck you David Stern...seriously...he wanted this shit to happen...and now he's fucking turning over every rock to make sure it happens...fucking Beasley for a 2nd round pick...what a joke...

I hope Pat Riley's scalp catches on fire...
                        Thank you, Miami Heat.

*Yoink*
                        Fuck Scott Weiland. Fucking asshole. I get trashed all the time and still go to work. And my job sucks ass. -ODShowtime

Comment

• DlocRoth
                          ROCKSTAR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by SilvioDante
                          No one wants to by a shoe worn by a guy that is only averaging 15 points a game.

Post of the day!
                          Fuck Scott Weiland. Fucking asshole. I get trashed all the time and still go to work. And my job sucks ass. -ODShowtime

Comment

• Guitar Shark
                            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                            • Jan 2004

I hope Pat Riley's scalp catches on fire...
                            ROTH ARMY MILITIA

Originally posted by EAT MY ASSHOLE
                            Sharky sometimes needs things spelled out for him in explicit, specific detail. I used to think it was a lawyer thing, but over time it became more and more evident that he's merely someone's idiot twin.

Comment

• sadaist
                              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                              • Jul 2004

This entire thing did the opposite for me than what LeBron intended it to do. It turned me off of LeBron...but made me respect D Wade a bit more. This guy did it right. Stuck with his team and got them to bring the big talent to him, not bail in search of a mini dream team somewhere else.

If LeBron were a true champion, he would have stayed in Cleveland and somehow got one of those other guys to join him....not the other way around. I thought LeBron was "the King"? Why is D Wade the one that keeps his throne then?

Just imagine if Jordan had finally gave up & said fuck it and joined the Pistons before he finally brought one home?
                              “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• sadaist
                                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                                • Jul 2004

Originally posted by SilvioDante
                                First off, being a Steelers I am sworn to hate all things Cleveland,
                                That is a legendary feud. Ours isn't as strong even though people will tell you different. But being a San Diego native, I am sworn to hate all things LA (includes the Raiders regardless of where they call home).
                                “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

Working...