X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • twonabomber
    formerly F A T
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

wonder if they're just counting tickets sold and not asses in the seats.
    Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• chefcraig
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Apr 2004

Originally posted by twonabomber
      wonder if they're just counting tickets sold and not asses in the seats.
      Solid point. The populace is notorious for not showing up, and rather than gifting the tickets, they simply throw them away. I can't imagine that kind of disposable income, let alone purchasing tickets but finding it an inconvenience to bother attending.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
      ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• POJO_Risin
        Roth Army Caesar
        • Mar 2003

Great article at yahoo sports by one of the better NBA columnists going today, Adrian Wojnarwoski. It does appear that there has been a lot more to the LeBron story than meets the eye, and I'm talking about over his entire career, not over the past six weeks. Good stuff...and I'm serious.

Read this article...

Click Here to read the article at Yahoo...
        "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• POJO_Risin
          Roth Army Caesar
          • Mar 2003

LeBron is supposedly buying Pat Riley's old place...to the tune of 50 million.

It turns out that the reports on July 7th...were true. LeBron did make an offer, and the house he's rumored to be buying is the very same one mentioned prior to his announcement...

what a fucking piece of trash...
          "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• Romeo Delight
            ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Look at the empty seats!!

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/JCDWKooeNQo&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JCDWKooeNQo&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>
            sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• twonabomber
              formerly F A T
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

from Terry Pluto's column:

Former Cavalier Melvin Turpin died last week of what the Fayette County (Ky.) corner's office described as a "self-inflicted gunshot wound." It's a sad ending for Turpin, who played with the Cavs from 1984 to '87. His NBA career lasted five years, ending with Washington in 1990. He averaged 8.5 points, 4.6 rebounds and shot 52 percent. Turpin was 49.
              Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

I don't want to start a new thread for this, but thought I would post this here:

Speaking about the state of basketball in this thread it is no great leap to make the comparisons to other sports.

I have always admired hockey players in general because they are largely without attitude (Messier excluded).

Today is a case in point. I was enjoying an afternoon in my backyard on the deck when what should I see in the backyard of my next door neighbour???

Nothing less that the Stanley Cup itself!!!! I was content to admire from afar when Andrew Ladd makes his way to my fence and asks if we want a picture with it.

Since I won't be making any free agent signing with an NHL team soon, I did decide to touch it.

Funniest moment was when my son asked him where the Vancouver Canucks names were on the Cup.

Andrew was quick...perhaps a little too quick to tell him that they weren't there.

I had my son's back though telling LAdd:

"This is their year, son"

Anyways, what a great guy. Only in hockey.
                Last edited by Romeo Delight; 07-18-2010, 10:49 PM.
                sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                  Roth Army Caesar
                  • Mar 2003

That's freakin' awesome Flamma...

I've touched the thing a few times now...never in my backyard...

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                    Roth Army Caesar
                    • Mar 2003

Chripes...

Now the Cavs are looking at Koufas and Sessions...

Things getting horrifically desperate...nobody wants to sniff Cleveland...

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                      Roth Army Caesar
                      • Mar 2003

I could see Koufas develop into a Z-like player down the road...

Comment

• Unchainme
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Apr 2005

But at least they have great sports fans. When I lived there in 1997, I got to watch the celebrations of the people as the Marlins won the World Series, the same fans that didn't sell out a game until the 2nd Round of the playoffs.

Oh wait, I'm sorry, they DID sell out some games before that. If the Mets or Yankees were in town. It was a home crowd for the New York teams.

Yes, that Game 7 was especially torturous, because no fanbase in America is less deserving of Championships than the notoriously awful fanbase of Miami. I actually went to work the next day and had two separate people say to me: "Isn't it great about the Marlins? I didn't even know we had a baseball team!" I should've punched them.

Imagine someone in Cleveland saying that about the Indians, Browns, or Cavs. You can't. It wouldn't happen.

Yes, LeBron, you and Miami deserve each other. All glitter, no heart.

And to all my friends in Miami that might be upset that I disparaged their fine city (as if any of them would think twice about disparaging mine)

Hiko nails it per the norm.

Miami is a shithole, hence why I'm the most bitter about losing them to the fucking heat.

I'm going to bet something, there's more fans of the Yankees/Mets/Red Sox/Steelers/Browns what have you than their native fans.
                        Still waiting for a relevant Browns Team

Comment

• chefcraig
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
                          Besides that, Jim Gray had probably the most horrendous interview of all time....
                          I'd be willing to bet that he was the only announcer to say yes when asked. Ever since that fiasco with Pete Rose (during the All Century celebration at the second game of the 1999 World Series), the guy can't get a steady gig, even on the Golf Channel for chrissakes. Then again, this might have been part of the plan from the beginning. After all, if you can make a polarizing figure like Rose appear to seem sympathetic...

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                          ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• twonabomber
                            formerly F A T
                            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Peralta to Detroit for a 19 year old pitching prospect.

Comment

• Unchainme
                              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                              • Apr 2005

AND DON'T EVER COME BACK YOU FAGGOT LOSER.

Would have loved to have seen this guy come to the muni lots on gameday...I think that it would have been a million times worse.

Fuck this guy and fuck florida.
                              Still waiting for a relevant Browns Team

Comment

• twonabomber
                                formerly F A T
                                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

just saw that douche on the news. fuckin' flatbiller turd.

Comment

Working...