• Show
Clear All
  • chefcraig
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Dave's Bitch
    The Vikes should try and get some deal with vince young going
    He's out for the season.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
    ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• 78/84 guy
      Crazy Ass Mofo
      • Apr 2005

Originally posted by fifth element
      well, I used to love Favre....
      respected him, if nothing else...
      till he started talking about "re-evaluating " his position on the team.
      I have never seen a QB walk on his team just because they were losing...
      and the very idea that he would think about doing so irritates the hell out of me.

I don't give a damn about the rest of the crap that has gone on w/ him this year.....
      but THIS year when he retires....i'm thinking the man will STAY retired....
      (also thinking that no one will WANT him back)
      Well I don't think he would just say fuck it we suck and go home !! But he did come back to try and get to the bowl. Well that dream is over so let the young guy's play. If he's not coming back you have too see what you got don't you? That's all I was saying, and people around here feel the same. Why let him play unless he is going to come back. The guy is beat to shit. Let him go home. I respect the fact he would want to stick it out but what for ?

Comment

• fifth element
        Commando
        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by 78/84 guy
        Well I don't think he would just say fuck it we suck and go home !! But he did come back to try and get to the bowl. Well that dream is over so let the young guy's play. If he's not coming back you have too see what you got don't you? That's all I was saying, and people around here feel the same. Why let him play unless he is going to come back. The guy is beat to shit. Let him go home. I respect the fact he would want to stick it out but what for ?

and people around here feel the same.
        so fucking what? are varied opinions frowned upon?

The guy is beat to shit. Let him go home. I respect the fact he would want to stick it out but what for?
        play or no play, "going home" because your team is not going to make it to the playoffs is, as I stated, unheard of (PLEASE, correct me if I'm mistaken...but I cannot think of a SINGLE time that that has happened.)
        if he is beat up, and yes, i agree that he is, he stays w/ his team and sits his ass on the bench till the year is over.
        if he has a REAL injury that would put him on IR, that is a different story, of course.

I simply cannot believe that Brett Favre wants to go out w/ his last act in the NFL being that of quitting, midseason, because things were not going his way.
        “Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.” ~~Maria Robinson

Comment

• POJO_Risin
          Roth Army Caesar
          • Mar 2003

I simply cannot believe that Brett Favre wants to go out w/ his last act in the NFL being that of quitting, midseason, because things were not going his way.
          While I agree with that...I think there's a part of Favray that would say, "I don't want to be a distraction."

If the NFL steps in and says to Brett, "Hey, you're going to retire anyways, why don't you do it before we have to suspend you," I think he'd take the high road and leave...
          "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• fifth element
            Commando
            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by POJO_Risin
            While I agree with that...I think there's a part of Favray that would say, "I don't want to be a distraction."

If the NFL steps in and says to Brett, "Hey, you're going to retire anyways, why don't you do it before we have to suspend you," I think he'd take the high road and leave...
            then it becomes an act of the NFL, not the act of Brett Favre himself....

Why can the Vikings not simply do like any other team and say "at the moment, you suck, so we're gonna play your backup and see what happens"?

As is...things will be a distraction anyway...because the frickin' press are gonna be all over it....
            “Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.” ~~Maria Robinson

Comment

• GreenBayLA
              Sniper
              • Jan 2006

Favre ain't no quitter, I know that much. Leslie Frazier said he will start out w/ Favre. He wants to win now to earn head coach job next year. But what's best for Vikes is to sit Favre and test out both backup QBs and see what they got for next year.

Hey Fifth, can KC outlast annual late surge from San Diego?
              "Nothing gets a yak over a suspension bridge faster than 'Back in the Saddle Again' by Aerosmith" ~ DLR

Comment

• BigBadBrian
                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by GreenBayLA
                But what's best for Vikes is to sit Favre and test out both backup QBs and see what they got for next year.
                Probably, but its hard for a team to see a $20 Million player on the bench.
                “If bullshit was currency, Joe Biden would be a billionaire.” - George W. Bush

Comment

• fifth element
                  Commando
                  • Nov 2010

Originally posted by GreenBayLA
                  Favre ain't no quitter, I know that much. Leslie Frazier said he will start out w/ Favre. He wants to win now to earn head coach job next year. But what's best for Vikes is to sit Favre and test out both backup QBs and see what they got for next year.

Hey Fifth, can KC outlast annual late surge from San Diego?
                  since San Diego plays Indy this week, i'm hoping that the Colts help us in kicking the Chargers an extra game back as we go in and try for a win against the Seahawks.

All in all, it is gonna be a hell of a race to the finish line in the AFC West...bot in all reality, I think the Chiefs will win. We should (SHOULD) win 5 of our next 6, with the hardest of those being against the Chargers in San Diego....

Chargers should win 4 of theirs (if they lose to the Chiefs, 5 if they win), all of which still leaves the Chiefs ahead....
                  now.....Oakland....hmmmmmm.....we'll see....
                  (they also have to play Indy yet....the Chiefs got THAT game out of the way early....)

Comment

• 78/84 guy
                    Crazy Ass Mofo
                    • Apr 2005

so fucking what? are varied opinions frowned upon?

play or no play, "going home" because your team is not going to make it to the playoffs is, as I stated, unheard of (PLEASE, correct me if I'm mistaken...but I cannot think of a SINGLE time that that has happened.)
                    if he is beat up, and yes, i agree that he is, he stays w/ his team and sits his ass on the bench till the year is over.
                    if he has a REAL injury that would put him on IR, that is a different story, of course.

I never said he want's out, but if he does big deal. He's 41. The dream is over. All I said is the Vikes should play the other guy's to see what the have !! People would call him a quiter I guess but so what. I don't think he would hold a clip board. It sound's like Fraizer wants him to play so great !! I love watching him good or bad. Fuck come back next year that no good piece of crap coach is gone !! Get healthy and come back. Moon played well until he was 44. Get a o line infront of him.
                    Last edited by 78/84 guy; 11-24-2010, 10:51 PM.

Comment

• TFM_Dale
                      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                      • Jan 2009

According to ESPN 1500's Tom Pelissero, Brett Favre (illness) "thinks he has pneumonia."

Ok, now this is just a crock. It is like he wants to have an excuse ready incase he has another disaster of a game. I know the guy is tough, I know he has been through it all, and I'm even a fan of all he has done in his career but this is a load of crap. No doctor on this planet would allow someone to play in a NFL football game with pneumonia. Who is he trying to kid anymore other then himself?

Comment

• fifth element
                        Commando
                        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by TFM_Dale
                        According to ESPN 1500's Tom Pelissero, Brett Favre (illness) "thinks he has pneumonia."

Ok, now this is just a crock. It is like he wants to have an excuse ready incase he has another disaster of a game. I know the guy is tough, I know he has been through it all, and I'm even a fan of all he has done in his career but this is a load of crap. No doctor on this planet would allow someone to play in a NFL football game with pneumonia. Who is he trying to kid anymore other then himself?
                        you know it, I know it....MOST of the people watching NFL football know it....but Favre has an excuse ready for every week of the year....

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                          Roth Army Caesar
                          • Mar 2003

Who fucking cares...

The Vikings are an afterthought at this fucking point...let them disappear, and be done with it.

Rumor has it that Mike Tice is the #1 candidate, and he has a cruise already planned...
                          "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• DlocRoth
                            ROCKSTAR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by POJO_Risin
                            Who fucking cares...

The Vikings are an afterthought at this fucking point...let them disappear, and be done with it.

Rumor has it that Mike Tice is the #1 candidate, and he has a cruise already planned...
                            Bwaaaahahahahahahah!
                            Fuck Scott Weiland. Fucking asshole. I get trashed all the time and still go to work. And my job sucks ass. -ODShowtime

Comment

• GreenBayLA
                              Sniper
                              • Jan 2006

WTF?
                              "Nothing gets a yak over a suspension bridge faster than 'Back in the Saddle Again' by Aerosmith" ~ DLR

Comment

• 78/84 guy
                                Crazy Ass Mofo
                                • Apr 2005

NICE !!Send me one. I thought it was why the face !!!???

Comment

Working...