Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • damngoodtimes
    Sniper
    • Jan 2004

he's been lights out so far, but I still think the Vikes season ends on a bone-headed Favre INT. that's the way it always goes.
    David Lee Roth's the greatest motherfucker who ever lived!
    — Brian Moore (@brianpmoore666) June 26, 2012

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Feb 2007

god i hope so.
      Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• Terry
        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
        • Jan 2004

I must say I found his seemingly indecisive pre-season "I'm retired...wait, no, I'm not" biz more than a bit tiresome...seemed like he was a few seasons past it, just plain scared to let go and retire, and was making an ass of himself.

However, seeing some of those throws he made in the Vikings/Bears game...fuck!! There was one throw that actually made me say "holy shit!" aloud; just a case of being THAT fucking good.

I guess success is the best way to silence detractors. If he leads the Vikings to a Superbowl and a win, well, he still was a bit of an ass leading up to the season, but said Superbowl scenario result would tend to quash all of those criticisms.
        Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Feb 2007

and it would ruin my bar joke with an empty cig cellophane upside down. "viking's superbowl trophy case"
          Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Feb 2007

votes, Williams got 14, Young got 7, Cedric Benson(notes) got 4, and Brett Favre got 4.

Can someone explain to me exactly what Brett Favre(notes) "came back" from? He played last year. He played miserably over the last five games of the season and cost the Jets a playoff spot, but he played.

Then he spent the offseason faking a retirement, and being an attention-whoring prima donna who needed an entire organization to bend over backward to accommodate his every whim ... but is that the sort of thing that makes a comeback story? Yeah, he also had some arm surgery, but offseason surgery isn't exactly a rarity in the NFL.

It's an insult to the real comeback stories that make sports fun to follow. If you're just a jerk, and then you play well, that doesn't qualify as a comeback. It makes you a jerk who's good at sports.

Let's use "Rocky III" as an example, because it's your classic sports comeback story. Rocky was destroyed by Clubber Lang, felt responsible for Mickey's death, lost all confidence in himself, and through hard work and inspiration from his friend Appollo, then came back to beat Lang and regain the title.

By the standards of the four people who voted Brett Favre as Comeback Player of the Year, Rocky III would have been better if Rocky had just given the finger to a bus full of nuns, burned down an orphanage and then beat up Mr. T.

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Feb 2007

voting for comeback player this year

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Feb 2007

p.s. this came from yahoo sports, not my own thoughtful insights

Comment

• 78/84 guy
                  Crazy Ass Mofo
                  • Apr 2005

He got 1 mvp vote. Will he melt down in the playoffs ??? I say no unless they face the Pack in the championship game. The pressure would be huge to not screw that game up !!

Comment

• JJ Hobson
                    Full On Cocktard
                    • Jan 2010

Favre's career NFL stats relative to the next-closest QB ... Fascinating!

Get these career statistical hallmarks (and note just how far ahead of the competition Favre is from the No. 2 of each category!!!) ...
                    Code:
                    [URL="http://www.officialbrettfavre.com/favre-o-meter/"]Brett Favre's Official Web Site: "Favre-O-Meter"[/URL]

NFL Records

QB                  Career Passing Attempts         Surpassed By 

Brett Favre                  9,811                       n/a
                    Dan Marino                   8,358                      1,453
                    John Elway                   7,250                      2,561
                    Warren Moon                  6,823                      2,988
                    Fran Tarkenton               6,467                      3,344

QB                   Career Completions             Surpassed By

Brett Favre                 6,083                        n/a 
                    Dan Marino                  4,967                       1,116
                    Peyton Manning              4,181                       1,902
                    John Elway                  4,123                       1,960
                    Warren Moon                 3,988                       2,095

QB                  Career Touchdown Passes         Surpassed By

Brett Favre                  497                         n/a
                    Dan Marino                   420                          77
                    Peyton Manning               362                         135
                    Fran Tarkenton               342                         155
                    John Elway                   300                         197

QB                  Career Wins as a Starting QB    Surpassed By

Brett Favre                  181                         n/a
                    John Elway                   148                          33
                    Dan Marino                   147                          34
                    Fran Tarkenton               125                          56
                    Johnny Unitas                119                          62

QB                  Career Passing Yards             Surpassed By

Brett Favre                69,329                        n/a
                    Dan Marino                 61,361                       7,968
                    John Elway                 51,475                      17,854
                    Warren Moon                49,325                      20,004
                    Fran Tarkenton             47,003                      22,326

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                      ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                      • Dec 2003

If you're gonna give those stats, you've gotta give this one too...

Most Passes Had Intercepted, Career

317 Brett Favre

277 George Blanda

268 John Hadl

That said, I hope Favray goes off today vs. the Cowgirls....
                      Last edited by Va Beach VH Fan; 01-17-2010, 11:27 AM.
                      Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Fairwrning
                        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan

I hope so too..I hope he goes off to the offseason so he can spend the next 6 months contemplating retirement..AGAIN!

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                          ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                          • Dec 2003

Your offseason starts in about three hours.....

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Fairwrning
                            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                            • Jan 2004

Your offseason starts in about three hours.....
                            Is there an echo in here? I know I heard that same shit last week..eh..maybe you'll get it right soon

Comment

• JJ Hobson
                              Full On Cocktard
                              • Jan 2010

If you're gonna give those stats, you've gotta give this one too...

Most Passes Had Intercepted, Career

317 Brett Favre

277 George Blanda

268 John Hadl

Good point, but I never said that Favre was a great quarterback ... I just thought the stats on Favre's own self-promotional Web site were amazing ... That's all ...

This is the "What the Fa[vr]e?" thread, afterall ... I didn't start this thread, but I'm guessing that the intention of this thread was to express amazement at the GREAT things Favre has done, not all of his amazing screwups, LOL! ...

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                                ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                                • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Fairwrning
                                Is there an echo in here? I know I heard that same shit last week..eh..maybe you'll get it right soon
                                Don't fret, maybe you'll get another playoff win by, oh, 2023....

Comment

Working...