Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • damngoodtimes
    Sniper
    • Jan 2004

if you do a playoff, the final 8 should be your 6 major conference champs, plus the highest ranked of the 5 mid-major champs, and one at-large team. (yep, just one).

the message...win your fuckin' conference or quit your bitchin'. this limits so much of the beauty pageant aspect of things.

this season, barring a conf championship game upset, you would have TCU beating out Boise for the mid-major spot, plus the Florida/Bama loser getting the at-large.

I would work them right into the existing 4 BCS bowls, and even maintain (and enhance) the traditional bowl tie-ins.

you put Big 10 and Pac 10 into the Rose Bowl every year as a quarterfinal. Some years, when OSU and USC are both top 4, it would seem unfairly tough; other years, like this one, it might seem too easy, but I think it balances out.

you put the SEC champ in the Sugar Bowl every year, ACC champ in the Orange Bowl, Big 12 champ in the Fiesta. Big East, mid-major and at-large are the floaters. use the BCS rankings to sort the teams 1-3 in each group and flip them (so the highest ranked amongst the second group plays the weakest of the 3 traditional tie-ins).

so, to illustrate with an example, let's say the favorites win out and the BCS standings hold. I'll pick Florida to beat Bama, and we'll assume that Bama drops below Texas, but ahead of TCU and UC.

first, the easy one, put tOSU (9) vs. Oregon (10) in the Rose Bowl.

then, take Florida (1) in the Sugar; Texas (2) in the Fiesta; and GT (7) in the Orange. the other three teams would be at-large Alabama (3), mid-major TCU (4), and Big East champ UC (5)

so, UC would play Florida, TCU and Texas, and Bama vs. GT.

take your four winners and put them in the semifinals (seeded by the final BCS rankings)

the four BCS bowls have already committed to a second game at one site every fourth year for the championship game, so you just slide that back a week. the only question now is the location for the two semifinal games. you've got three choices: 1) rotate the remaining BCS sites, 2) open it up for bids like the basketball tourney, or 3) my favorite: home games for the higher seeds. you don't have to worry as much about fans travelling to three straight games, plus you reward those top two teams that would now only have to play one game for the title.
    David Lee Roth's the greatest motherfucker who ever lived!
    — Brian Moore (@brianpmoore666) June 26, 2012

Comment

• hideyoursheep
      ROTH ARMY ELITE
      • Jan 2007

Originally posted by POJO_Risin
      Fucking Cincy is a fucking joke...
      I hope Pitt hands them their ass...
      Now would be a good time for Illinois to make a statement....Big 10 style.

Comment

• hideyoursheep
        ROTH ARMY ELITE
        • Jan 2007

Fuck...I'm going to miss the Mishitgan game...

Comment

• damngoodtimes
          Sniper
          • Jan 2004

RichRod is wishing he could miss it with you.

Comment

• hideyoursheep
            ROTH ARMY ELITE
            • Jan 2007

This time next year, I will have better seats for the game than he will.

Comment

• conmee
              ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
              • Mar 2003

[Sarcasm mode: ON]

Lookit, until Notre Dame has at least five losses, they still need to be in the conversation...

That is all.

Icon.

GO IRISH!

[Sarcasm mode:OFF]
              An Icon©®™Incorporated/GODDAM BUCK-KNIFE JACKBOOT MOTHERFUCK©®™ Production.
              hitchWORLD1969.com© and Old Boy Club© Co-Founder, Investor, and Spiritual Leader 1996-2024©™®

E.U.A.S. - "The Feng Shui in the House That Roth Built!"

R.I.P. - Douglas Hitchens, Jr. aka Hitch1969 aka Supermodel Doug et al... 1-23-2017

"It is possible to OverGap©®™" - Sesh©®™, 5-8-2013

"A reacharound doesn't need to be gay." - Sesh©®™, 1-18-2012

"If we are going to have ex mods posting cocks can they at least be a manageable size." - Sesh©®™, 8-24-2011

"For the love of jive, have a waborita and chill out." - Hitchman©®™, 5-18-2004

Comment

• damngoodtimes
                Sniper
                • Jan 2004

so, until this week, conmee?

Comment

• damngoodtimes
                  Sniper
                  • Jan 2004

early start this week to the college football festivities.

Texas got their scare last night and Bama got a BIG one this afternoon, not taking a lead until a minute to go. Auburn completely mangled the clock situation once they got the ball back.

Pitt, who seemed overrated to me, got stung by WVU. they can still win the big east by beating UC next week. UC, on the other hand, survived but gave up WAY too many points to an Illinois squad that managed to finish 9th in the Big Ten.

Comment

• hideyoursheep
                    ROTH ARMY ELITE
                    • Jan 2007

Wayyy too many is right.

With Pitt knocked out of #9, guess who should move up?

And UC's lack of defense is just cause to knock them down a few pegs as well.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                      Roth Army Caesar
                      • Mar 2003

If tOSU gives up that many points, we drop five slots. Cinch does, and alls i hear about is Pike and his td's. There's even a poll up on espn maybe, saying he should be up for the fucking heisman.

Fucking joke...
                      "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• hideyoursheep
                        ROTH ARMY ELITE
                        • Jan 2007

If tOSU gives up that many points, we drop five slots. Cinch does, and alls i hear about is Pike and his td's. There's even a poll up on espn maybe, saying he should be up for the fucking heisman.

Fucking joke...
                        Right?

My cuntversation with my downtown friend....

friend: "My boys won this weekend! Both the Bengals AND the Bearcats!

Ranked # 5, baby!"

me: "How the fuck are they ranked number 5 when Illinois dropped 35 points on them? The same team that the Buckeyes shut out?"

Friend: **jaw drops, blank stare and walks away**

Joke indeed.
                        Last edited by hideyoursheep; 12-02-2009, 08:13 AM.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                          Roth Army Caesar
                          • Mar 2003

Leave it to fucking sPitt and dumbass Dave Wannstedt for fucking blowing a 15 point lead with 7 1/2 minutes left...

then missing the fucking extra point that cost them the game to the most fucking overrated team in the country...

Cincifuckingshitty...

Overrated, no defense playing whores....

Leave it to Wannstedt to get completely outcoached in the 2nd half...

whores...
                          "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                            Roth Army Caesar
                            • Mar 2003

And that whore Brian Kelly is already to kick the Bearcunts to the curb...

who wouldn't...

Didn't Dantonio coach there to?

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                              Roth Army Caesar
                              • Mar 2003

4th down...10 seconds to go...field goal wins...

need a miracle...and...gets sacked...

and the fucking QB got killed...

I wish we could find a fucking way to get these whores into the fucking rose bowl...

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                                Roth Army Caesar
                                • Mar 2003

Honest to christ...if they make it to the national title game...

Comment

Working...