• ace diamond
    Full Member Status

• Sep 2004

Jets
    colts
    vikings(just for you, nate)
    cardinals

these are my picks for this weekend.

Jets, because the chargers, rivers especially, have a nasty habit of fucking choking in the play-offs.
    Also, sanchez has a killer rep for stepping up his game in post season when @usc.
    2006 rose bowl not withstanding.

Colts because payton manning.
    Nuff said.

Vikings because brett farve, and because the cowboys will choke. I FUCKING HATE THE DALLAS COWBOYS.
    This one's for you, natedog!

Cardinals, because i am a fan and loyal to my team through all those really horrible years of getting badly stomped and being the laughing stock of the nfl.

Nobody is laughing at us now.
    Nobody is dismissing us and counting the cardinals out.
    We are serious contenders now.
    20 years of suffering and then the nfc title,
    but lost the superbowl.

Hey, it was one hell of a superbowl.
    Could have gone either way.
    Originally posted by hideyoursheep
    When Hagar speaks, I want to cut off my ears and send them to Bristol Palin.
    "It's like trying to fit a mouse fart into a sardine can with a shoe horn"-Ace Diamond

Comment

• Kristy
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Aug 2004

Originally posted by redblkwht
      Vikes all day long Romo is in trouble now.
      I'll give Romo lots of credit in that he is probably the most unappreciated QB in the NFL. Like I said about the dude he is squarely carrying his team in his shoulders. His O-line is terrible because Romo gets his ass clocked in about every game and you know the Vikings are going to blitz and blitz and blitz at him all day. His receivers are unreliable and Barber hasn't been the same since pulling a hammy back in September...so it's all pretty much Romo and if he can put up points (the playoffs are all about putting up points) early they may have a shot at winning but I don't see that happening.

The Vikings on the other hand have too many weapons for Dallas to contend with and Farve may be old and a prima donna and a dick but he's really not playing as sloppy as times past so if he can remain focused the Vikes will pull this off no problem.

Comment

• Kristy
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Aug 2004

Originally posted by ace diamond

Jets, because the chargers, rivers especially, have a nasty habit of fucking choking in the play-offs.
        True. But the Jets are no match for the Chargers. Impressive and surprising the Jets defense may be, the only way they're going to beat the Bolts is by pissing Rivers off, disrupting his rhythm and keeping Tomlinson under 3 - 4 yards a carry. But the Jets are more of a physical than psychological defense and Rivers is going to tear them apart piece by piece. Rivers will choke against Indy. Guaranteed.

Comment

• Fairwrning
          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
          • Jan 2004

Everybody seems to be forgetting about THIS guy..with or without Barber, Dallas can still run..Minny is 2nd best vs. the run..Dallas is 4th..Peterson 7 fumbles..Felix..3 fumbles..yes AP has more carries..gonna be interesting

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
            ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
            • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Fairwrning
            Geez..spoken like a true Steeler fan..Cmon VA..I hate the Steelers but Im pretty sure I said in a thread somewhere they would be extremely dangerous IF they got in the playoffs.You cant possibly believe Dallas was lucky to beat Philly. I give Minnesota big props..loaded team..I do think Dallas will find a way to win but wont be surprised if they lose to the Vikes. How bout just a little credit for a team that is playing as well as anybody in the NFL.

Dallas
            N. Orleans
            Indy
            S. Diego
            Don't put words in my mouth, you hick fuck....

I didn't say Dallas got lucky, now did I ??

And yes, they're playing well... But it ends this weekend....

So, like I said, enjoy it while it lasts....
            Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• ace diamond
              Full Member Status

• Sep 2004

Originally posted by Kristy
              True. Rivers will choke. Guaranteed.
              this part of your post i fully agree with.
              the rest of it i do not.
              jets defense is going to mkae 1 mr. phillip rivers extremely fucking miserable.

look for the jets to blitz him a lot more.
              also, i wouldn't rule out the jets using a 4-3 defense in this game.
              i don't see the nyj defense letting tomlinson off of a rather short leash.
              he is a big threat and a concern, so look for the jets to be more than prepared to shut L.T. down this weekend.

harrasing and sacking rivers, as well as keeping tomlinson on a very short leash will be the key to victory for the new york jets defense.
              look for this one to be a low scoring game.
              i suspect a defensive battle.

the defense will be the key to victory for both teams, but if that is going to be the case, i see the jets coming out on top in this one.

look for san diego to commit multiple turnover, and to have trouble moving the ball down the field.
              special teams will be getting a healthy amount of playing time on the field, especially the punting team.
              Originally posted by hideyoursheep
              When Hagar speaks, I want to cut off my ears and send them to Bristol Palin.
              "It's like trying to fit a mouse fart into a sardine can with a shoe horn"-Ace Diamond

Comment

• chefcraig
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Apr 2004

Ravens
                Cards
                Cowboys
                Chargers

This might sound like a dumb reason for picking Baltimore over Indy, but I'm basing it on karma. I feel that cheating the fans out of a potential undefeated season will come back to haunt them. And there would be some poetic justice if they are beaten by the city they crept away from in the dead of night in 1984.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Fairwrning
                  TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                  • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
                  Don't put words in my mouth, you hick fuck....

I didn't say Dallas got lucky, now did I ??

And yes, they're playing well... But it ends this weekend....

So, like I said, enjoy it while it lasts....
                  You didnt say lucky..but you did say fortunate..AND you picked Philly ya bastard..:tongue0011:
                  I gotta edit the playing well part into my sig.

Comment

• GO-SPURS-GO
                    Sniper
                    • Feb 2007

Nope, no Cowboys.

So sorry.....not
                    Me--><--You

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
                    Feel fortunate you've won a playoff game for the first time since the Clinton Administration....
                    https://www.facebook.com/warren.hammonds.58
                    http://www.soundclick.com/bands/defa...bandID=1001063

Comment

• GO-SPURS-GO
                      Sniper
                      • Feb 2007

Everybody seems to be forgetting about THIS guy..with or without Barber, Dallas can still run..Minny is 2nd best vs. the run..Dallas is 4th..Peterson 7 fumbles..Felix..3 fumbles..yes AP has more carries..gonna be interesting
                      Do you blog at DallasCowboys.com? If you do, remember when most people there were saying that we should trade up to get McFadden? Man, every time he touches the ball I feel something big is about to happen. What does he average per run, like 19.9 yards?

Comment

• Fairwrning
                        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                        • Jan 2004

Felix, Rice and C Johnson are the most explosive backs in the league..I dont blog anywhere..I just like to talk shit here

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                          ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                          • Dec 2003

You didnt say lucky..but you did say fortunate..AND you picked Philly ya bastard..:tongue0011:
                          I gotta edit the playing well part into my sig.
                          For as much as I hate everything to do with both Dallas and Philly, I had to go with Philly so the fraud that is "America's Team" can be proven once again....

That's OK, a one week delay is fine....
                          Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Kristy
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Aug 2004

Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
                            Me--><--You

Okay, tell me why you think they are going to win.

Comment

• sadaist
                              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                              • Jul 2004

Originally posted by chefcraig
                              Ravens
                              Cards
                              Cowboys
                              Chargers

This might sound like a dumb reason for picking Baltimore over Indy, but I'm basing it on karma. I feel that cheating the fans out of a potential undefeated season will come back to haunt them. And there would be some poetic justice if they are beaten by the city they crept away from in the dead of night in 1984.
                              My picks too. Colts will lose since they will have not played in almost a month and the Ravens are fired up. Cowboys? I don't know. I just want to play them in the Super Bowl if we (Chargers) get there.

I just foresee a Ravens/Chargers AFC title game in San Diego. Although I bet the network & NFL are hoping for Colts/Jets just for more advertising dollars.
                              “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• GO-SPURS-GO
                                Sniper
                                • Feb 2007

Okay, tell me why you think they are going to win.
                                Well okay, the Vikings are 2 and 3 their last 5 games and the last game they won came over a Giants team that rolled over and quit in their last 2 games. The Cowboys have won 4 straight and seem to have grown a pair this past month. Their healthy, their hot, and the finally got that BIG monkey off their back!

I think they will put so much pressure on Farve that he'll make some mistakes that will give the Cowboys some easy scores and I think AP will fumble a time or two that will kill a few crucial drives.

Whoever makes the least amount of mistakes will win this game, and I believe the Cowboys are a more focused team right now. That's why I'm going with Cowboys 27
                                Vikings 20

Why do you feel differently?

Comment

Working...