• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sadaist
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Kristy
    As for the playoffs, my predictions:

The Chargers will choke simple because they always choke.

If we lose to the Colts, that wouldn't be a choke, that would be expected. Colts should have had a perfect season. And considering we only have one home game to play before we get the Colts, I think we will steamroll any team unlucky enough to have to play in San Diego in January. The weather should be a crisp 71 degrees with a slight breeze from the southwest.
    “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• sadaist
      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
      • Jul 2004

Never happen. Although I do believe the Chargers will make it as far as the AFC Divisional Championship only to have Manning carve them to pieces. Like I said the Chargers will choke because in the clutch they don't know what else to do. This is going to be an Indy/New Orleans Superbowl

Like I said, it's not a choke if you lose to the greater team. It will be a choke if the Colts lose to the Bolts. How can losing to Indy...in Indy...be considered a choke for any team right now?

And Indy/New Orleans? Can you imagine if they had both gone unbeaten? WOW! An ad salesmans wet dream. But I don't think it will happen without some creative officiating by the NFL for the "dream matchup".

I'd love to see Cowboys/Chargers. Wished for that last time we went to the 1995 Super Bowl only to get our clocks cleaned by the 49ers. We would have matched up with the Cowboys.
      “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• Kristy
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Aug 2004

No dude, they'll choke. Quite trying to analyze the Chargers. They play in two ways and two ways only - kick ass in the regular season and bite it in the playoffs.

Comment

• sadaist
          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
          • Jul 2004

No dude, they'll choke. Quite trying to analyze the Chargers. They play in two ways and two ways only - kick ass in the regular season and bite it in the playoffs.

Jaded much?

Ah. You mean like your awesome Broncos who only needed 1 win to get in? Then lost 4 straight? Don't be so jealous that the Chargers have owned the division for a decade.

And I'd rather go 13-3 and choke in the playoffs, then not make it at all.

As for "biting it" in the playoffs...

2008 Beat the Colts 23-17 Lost to Steelers 24-35

2007 Beat the Titans 17-6 Beat the Colts 28-24 Lost to Pats 12-21

2006 Lost to Pats 21-24

Lifetime playoffs including Super Bowl 10W & 15L. Not bad.

Some great playoff wins there recently, and a few very close losses to great teams. Chargers are a solid team. But they aren't a juggernaut. Never have been. They will give whoever they play a hell of a fight, and have a really good chance of winning.

Regardless, I had 13 awesome weeks this season of watching my Chargers play.

Anyways, lets make it interesting. If the Chargers win the Super Bowl this year, you have to be positive, nice & uplifting in every post, regardless of forum, for an entire week. Not one negative word about anything. If they "choke", then pick my punishment.

Comment

• Kristy
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Aug 2004

Number of Superbowl wins the Chargers have: 0

Nice try.

Comment

• Fairwrning
              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
              • Jan 2004

You are high, aren't you? The only reason the Cowboys are in it is because they BARELY managed to beat teams slightly more mediocre then them. They play with no consistency, no reliability and fuckface Romo has one of the most weakest offensive lines in the game - constantly adjusting to pick up any blitz thrown at him. They still have that monkey on their back in the name of that fat ass Wade Phillips who can't seem to pull his own shit together from game to game.

Yeah..that 11-5 record sucks..lets not forget that horrid last 3 games they played in which they beat your pick ( in N.O no less) along with halting the Eagles 6 game run while outscoring the opposition 65-17...damn they really are lucky...I will agree that Phillips sucks..

Comment

• hambon4lif
                Crazy Ass Mofo
                • Jun 2004

The Charges will choke simple because they always choke.
                That's true. They always get within an inch of the finish line, and fall down, but something interesting is going on right now....the 'Charges' 2nd and 3rd string managed to beat the Redskins in a throwaway game that didn't matter (they were 2nd seed regardless of the outcome).
                Indy sits at the top of the stack, but lately they've commited alot of phenominally stupid fucking coaching decisions recently, and as hard as Peyton Manning tries, he can't quite crack the San Diego safe (the Colts haven't won a single game against the Chargers in over 5 years).

The Chargers will either kick that final door down, or go down in history as the most talented NFL team that never went anywhere. As much as they've choked in the playoffs, they are the dark horse, and any team that underestimates them will do so at their own peril.

I actually like the Bolts' chances this year of finally making it to the big show....

Comment

• sadaist
                  TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                  • Jul 2004

Originally posted by hambon4lif

The Chargers will either kick that final door down, or go down in history as the most talented NFL team that never went anywhere.

I look at this Charger team and think if they just had the one extra ingredient...heart, drive, experience, luck, who knows...that they should have been the dynasty like the Cowboys & Steelers were at one time. We really could have won 2-3 Super Bowls in the last 6 years.

Ah, such is the life of a native So CA sports fan. Padres & Chargers. Oh the humanity.

Comment

• sadaist
                    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                    • Jul 2004

Nice try.

I don't remember claiming they had won any. You said they bite it in the playoffs. I simply showed the record that proves otherwise.

Comment

• NATEDOG001976
                      Veteran
                      • Apr 2004

Originally posted by PETE'S BROTHER
                      they are two very different teams from the first two games played. some big injuries to both teams, but green bay's defense....hands down better. o-line....again, much better. redbirds first, but i like our chances in minnetonka this time.
                      Nice, I'm from Minnetonka. And Prince and myself will not allow Packers to cleanse themselves in Lake Minnetonka!

Here's a nice home on the lake, not a bad price, only 6 mil! Pretty cheap for that area!

MLS 3658327 | 2650 Marshland Rd Woodland, MN 55391
                      http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/8...19yc8872wu.jpg

http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5...0269il5.th.jpg

Originally posted by fuckhowardstern - dude - you sounded cool as a cucumber - totally relaxed and spoke with authority - must say I was a bit surprised but you sounded really at ease - super cool-like.

Originally posted by DavidLeeNatra - nate, you are the fucking attention whore of the day and you DESERVE it

Originally posted by Jérôme Frenchise - BTW, bravo NATE! Soon Dave will mention the Army by himself!

Originally posted by franksters Have you heard Nate properly, We now moved up to an ''Organisation'' Awesome man!!
                      Roth army....more than an army....it's a gr8 Organization!!

Originally posted by Northern Girl
                      Nate, so cool. I'm listening to the Dallas feed, so it'll be coming up in a while. Can't wait!

Comment

• hambon4lif
                        Crazy Ass Mofo
                        • Jun 2004

Nice try.
                        HA! Spoken like a true Bronco fan! Denver has been getting scraped off of LaDanian Tomlinsons cleats for the last how many years?? No small wonder you're bitter. The only chance the Chiefs, the Raiders, and the Donkeys have of winning the division....is if they get placed in another division. The Chargers own the pink slips to all 3 teams and that will not change anytime soon. I can clearly see where your bitterness comes from.

They (your Broncos) actually still had an ice cubes chance in hell if they had just beat KC yesterday, but.....they couldn't even do that.....they failed!

Your opinion....to me...is only as good as Devers record!

get over your anger and provide us with some real insight please........

Comment

• hambon4lif
                          Crazy Ass Mofo
                          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by sadaist
                          I look at this Charger team and think if they just had the one extra ingredient...heart, drive, experience, luck, who knows....
                          It's coaching....they have heart and drive. Hell, their last 11 wins in a row, and jumping from 2-3 to 13-3, makes them fucking dangerous. Baltimore will get punk'd, so will Cincy, the Colts, and anyone else that gets 'put' in the way.

The Bolts are like the Eagles....they'll keep bangin' on the Championship door 'til it finally falls off the hinges.

Tenacity, bitches!!!

Comment

• Kristy
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Aug 2004

I actually like the Bolts' chances this year of finally making it to the big show....
                            I still say they won't get that far. The problem or, rather the major problem with the Chargers is Rivers.

While the guy may be one of the Top 5 QB's in the league he turns into a paper tiger under pressure letting his hot head and bloated ego run the game other then his common sense. You see him do this all the time when a defense disrupts his rhythm, throwing his whole scheme off balance. Rivers ends up crying like a little bitch pacing up and down the sidelines in anger and when the rest of his team sees that, how much confidence are they going to have in themselves? And Tuner is of no value. To me that guy is one innocuous coach if there ever was one (next to the old dude who coaches The Giants) who stands there with his mouth open, face blank and mind numb when getting his ass kicked. So if Rivers doesn't take away a team's edge, Tuner will finish the job, no problem.

As for the Cowboys. I could care less. Always hated that whole "America's Team" moniker complied on top of that dung heap that is their owner. If the Cowboys are going to pull it off it'll all rest on the shoulders of Romo who always seems to be the last person to know how he is before a game. Wade Phillips is candy floss - are sugar coating and no substance or flavor. They'll be eliminated by the second round.

Comment

• Kristy
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Aug 2004

HA! Spoken like a true Bronco fan!
                              I'm not a Bronco fan! They have a LOT of problems that will take years to work out most of it being a Shanahan Stockholm Syndrome among the fans and his drafted players and a deep hatred for a young coach who can't seem to get over his own Napoleonic complex.

And Tomlinson - so what? He is past his prime and has clearly demonstrated this in several games with Sprools picking up the slack. So you get over your chauvinistic shit and tell me something I don't know.

Comment

• Unchainme
                                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                                • Apr 2005

Originally posted by kristy
                                yaa better ask somebodayyyy!
                                Still waiting for a relevant Browns Team

Comment

Working...