X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Little Texan
    Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Kristy
    I'm not a Bronco fan! They have a LOT of problems that will take years to work out most of it being a Shanahan Stockholm Syndrome among the fans and his drafted players and a deep hatred for a young coach who can't seem to get over his own Napoleonic complex.

And Tomlinson - so what? He is past his prime and has clearly demonstrated this in several games with Sprools picking up the slack. So you get over your chauvinistic shit and tell me something I don't know.
    What team IS your team if you don't support the local team? Were you a Broncos fan when John Elway was still in the picture and they were winning Super Bowls?

We've established that you hate the Cowboys, Chargers, and hometown Broncos, so do you have a favorite team?

Comment

• Kristy
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Aug 2004

No, not at the moment. I sit on the fence when it comes to the NFL.

Comment

• hambon4lif
        Crazy Ass Mofo
        • Jun 2004

I still say they won't get that far. The problem or, rather the major problem with the Chargers is Rivers.

While the guy may be one of the Top 5 QB's in the league he turns into a paper tiger under pressure letting his hot head and bloated ego run the game other then his common sense. You see him do this all the time when a defense disrupts his rhythm, throwing his whole scheme off balance. Rivers ends up crying like a little bitch pacing up and down the sidelines in anger and when the rest of his team sees that, how much confidence are they going to have in themselves? And Tuner is of no value. To me that guy is one innocuous coach if there ever was one (next to the old dude who coaches The Giants) who stands there with his mouth open, face blank and mind numb when getting his ass kicked. So if Rivers doesn't take away a team's edge, Tuner will finish the job, no problem.
        You have a valid point, being a Charger fan (to the bone), I have witnessed that, and will even co-sign that to an extent. Rivers was a hot-head, and talks a helluva lot of shit (he's an Alabama boy....what are ya' gonna do?). I think experience over the last couple of seasons have calmed him down a bit.....he has poise, and with so many arsenals at his disposal, I just can't see him fucking this up. He is at the helm of one of the most lethal and explosive offenses I have ever seen.....Jackson, Floyd, Gates, Sproles, etc.....it's like the guy has the keys to a goddamn Ferrari to go up and down the field as he pleases. The only thing stopping him.....is himself! But I think he has matured with time and experience.

No way you can hold Schottenheimers "conservative" bullshit football against us. (at least I hope not)......those days are gone. The rest of the team have a specific goal, and Rivers knows after so many seasons, that alot of it rests on his shoulders....this year in particular, I have seen him restrain from menstrual outbursts that cost the Chargers victory. He has matured, whether he wanted to or not, I think he's finally realized that it's not about him....but about the team.

Whether you like them or not.....that's not the point....the Chargers are undisputably the most talented team in the NFL, bar none, and if for some reason they don't make it this year, they have no one to blame but themselves.

too much fuckin' talent.....they have to make it happen.....NOW!!!

Comment

• Kristy
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Aug 2004

Originally posted by hambon4lif
          the Chargers are undisputably the most talented team in the NFL...
          They are the most talented team in the AFC West. Which isn't saying a whole lot considering the competition. They are also aging and Tomlinson doesn't have the speed and agility that he once did. Their reign won't last much longer. Wait and see if they face Indy, Peyton is going to carve them up like a Christmas ham.

Comment

• chefcraig
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Apr 2004

No, not at the moment. I sit on the fence when it comes to the NFL.
            Personally, I'm at that point myself. Look, I spent untold dollars as a season ticket holder for the Miami Dolphins. For cryin' out loud, for a period I lived within rock throwing distance of the Davie Training Facility. I've lived and died with the aqua and orange since sometime in 1969...

And I'm done. Add up the years of devotion and heartbreak, of victory and sorrow. Of wasted opportunities and bleating about the past. Honestly? I stopped caring roughly 5 years ago. I stopped attending games, scarcely attended camp. At this point I rarely option either. You just reach a point in life where it simply ceases to matter. Yeah, I'm gonna be 50 soon. Perhaps you will feel the same way about nonsense that you ultimately can not control. Thing is, yup, I care deeply about the past. That is probably because it meant so much to me as I was a part of it. At this stage however, I'm like Kristy (and forgive me for putting words in your mouth, but) as it just doesn't seem all that worth the bother.

I highly doubt that Pete Rozelle's idea of "parity" in football meant that felons would be playing it, mediocre performance, along with inept and at times questionable ownership of teams.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
            ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Kristy
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

For the longest time weren't the Dolphins pretty much a one-trick pony team? By that I mean Dan Marino. Even though he was a remarkable player (one of the NFL's best) the Dolphins seemed to be lost when he retired never taking them to the Promise Land. They also seem to get a fair share of draft picks year after year who also never end up going anywhere. Is it the ownership? Bad GM choices?

Comment

• chefcraig
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Apr 2004

For the longest time weren't the Dolphins pretty much a one-trick pony team? By that I mean Dan Marino. Even though he was a remarkable player (one of the NFL's best) the Dolphins seemed to be lost when he retired never taking them to the Promise Land. They also seem to get a fair share of draft picks year after year who also never end up going anywhere. Is it the ownership? Bad GM choices?
                It comes from a combination of arrogance and total ineptitude, which defines the front office dealings of roughly 70% of the NFL. Ultimately, what you see on the field is governed by the ownership of the team, through an odd legislative process. Just because a fellow is named GM, does not mean he will have the full service of that title. And this is 2010. The disparity between players (the work force) and ownership (the bosses) has not been so clearly defined since the first days of the AFL. This disparity will lead to a strike in 2011, resulting in a work stoppage that if not seriously considered at a meeting Tuesday morning, may change football as we know it in this country.

The stakes are that high. Look at the NFL. It is arguably the most successful money making enterprise on the planet. All of it could not only be thrown into jeopardy, yet thrown out the window entirely because of the greed of a handful of owners.
                Last edited by chefcraig; 01-05-2010, 01:13 AM.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• sadaist
                  TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                  • Jul 2004

They are also aging and Tomlinson doesn't have the speed and agility that he once did. Their reign won't last much longer.

That's what really eats at me the most. I just can't accept that he has lost a step. I guess that's the life of a running back though. So fucking good, but it goes by way too damn fast. LaDanian is only 30. Dang. Sure has been a helluva lot of fun to watch him though.
                  “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• Mr Walker
                    Crazy Ass Mofo
                    • Jan 2004

Jeez... does Big Fat Rex have to run-in and hit someone in the head with a chair to get a mention in this playoff thread?

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                      ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                      • Dec 2003

You guys need some Super Bowl rings ??

Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Bob_R
                        Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

My prediction for this weekend's winners.

Jets
                        Dallas
                        New England
                        Green Bay
                        Talk Classic Rock - The Official Message Board For Classic Rock -- Now on XenForo!

Comment

• chefcraig
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Apr 2004

Hmmm...ESPN is reporting that Randy Moss was absent from today's practice for NE's game against the Ravens. Another source (Boston Herald) has mentioned that Moss was seen with ice bags on his knee earlier in the week.

Moss not spotted at start of practice
                          By Mike Reiss

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- Receiver Randy Moss was not spotted at the start of today's practice as the Patriots continue preparations for Sunday's playoff matchup against the Ravens.

Moss had full participation in practices on Wednesday and Thursday.

By 4 p.m., the Patriots will submit a full injury report which will also detail the level of participation that each player has in practice. Moss's status should become clearer at that time.

In addition to Moss, reserve center/guard Dan Connolly (ankle) was also not present at the start of the session. Connolly, who has missed practice all week, has made his mark of late as a power fullback, a role that first-year lineman Ryan Wendell could potentially fill.

― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                            ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                            • Dec 2003

Jets
                            Philly
                            New England
                            Green Bay
                            Last edited by Va Beach VH Fan; 01-08-2010, 11:55 PM.
                            Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• MAX
                              Rotharmy Gladiator

DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Jan 2004

Indy/New Orleans Superbowl
                              ROTMFFLMMFAO!!!

Talk about "Never Happen."

Maybe Indy will get in but they've been exposed. Just in a game by game perspective. I'll go with Brady any day. As for The Aints. Never, ever gonna happen.
                              EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

Comment

• GO-SPURS-GO
                                Sniper
                                • Feb 2007

Cowboys
                                Packers
                                Ravens
                                Bengals
                                https://www.facebook.com/warren.hammonds.58
                                http://www.soundclick.com/bands/defa...bandID=1001063

Comment

Working...