Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Grant
    Sniper
    • Feb 2005

Saw this documentary recently (for the second time) on the classic encounters between Wests v Manly ('the Fibros and the Silvertails') during the late 70s...entertaining stuff from a great era of footy! I'm just sorry wasn't around during these times. Anyway, this is some advertising link for the dvd - worth the buy if you haven't seen it.

Comment

• Grant
      Sniper
      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Dan
      Money Bill Cant Box.
      Maybe it was all those snails and croissants?

Comment

• ashstralia
        ROTH ARMY ELITE
        • Feb 2004

yeah mate the fibro v silvertails show is awesome. i caught the replay last week, too. gentlemen, 4 days till allstars game, then charity shield!!!! woooohoooo!
        we gotta be posting live during that, g.

Comment

• Grant
          Sniper
          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by ashstralia
          yeah mate the fibro v silvertails show is awesome. i caught the replay last week, too. gentlemen, 4 days till allstars game, then charity shield!!!! woooohoooo!
          Damn, already? Doesn't time fly...especially when one still hasn't recovered from a hangover from the previous season.

Originally posted by ashstralia
          we gotta be posting live during that, g.
          If only I was a Twitter-addicted poor sod that sleeps with his iPhone...

Comment

• ashstralia
            ROTH ARMY ELITE
            • Feb 2004

maaaate... go to a pub with wi-fi...let's have a carton on it

Comment

• ashstralia
              ROTH ARMY ELITE
              • Feb 2004

2011!!!

Comment

• fifth element
                Commando
                • Nov 2010

lol...ok, I promised to visit....
                and will...keep me up to date on the latest....

who is cheering for who around here?
                “Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.” ~~Maria Robinson

Comment

• ashstralia
                  ROTH ARMY ELITE
                  • Feb 2004

ok. grant barracks for the 'saint george illawarra dragons'. they are the current premiers, and are coached by wayne bennet, the most successful coach in history. dan goes for the 'new zealand warriors', a team with big maori's whose bash and barge style is always entertaining. i support the 'south sydney rabbitohs' a foundation club which is owned by russell crowe. that's why the hats and jackets he gives oprah etc. have a bunny on them. they are the most successful team in history, but haven't won the big show since 1971. so pick a team, and enjoy the show.

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Feb 2007

i will be rooting/barracking for the "dragons" as well. SCORCH the mascot (while havin' a kinda fucked up "pete's gragon" face) is a hooker!

As far as SCORCH's concerned, there’s simply no downside to being a Dragon - he's strong, he can breathe fire and he can fly. Even better than being a Dragon is being the Mascot for the mighty St George Illawarra team. Where as he'll tell you in his jovial way - "this year's our year for sure." The thought of defeat never enters his mind and with every Dragon try he delivers a scorching burst of fire.

SCORCH is an eternal optimist. No matter what the situation, he has a way of casting aside all the negatives and seeing only the positives. He’s seen his fearless Dragons play hard to know that there's no such thing as a lost cause. For SCORCH, not only is the glass half-full, but it’s a great glass in itself and the water is shiny, clear and probably going to be the best he's ever tasted. Life, just like Rugby League, is all about moving forward and building momentum

On the field, SCORCH is always ready to fire off a well timed pass or to make that courageous last ditch, head-on tackle.

Year of Birth: 1999

Place: Somewhere between Kogarah and Illawarra

Position: Hooker

Height: 270 cm

Weight: 230kg

Skills and attributes: Ability to turn up the heat during the course of a match.

All time favourite players: Mark Coyne, Rod Wishart, Matt Cooper and Ben Hornby.

Most memorable moment: Grand Final appearance against Melbourne in the first year of the joint venture.

Favourite Hangout: WIN Stadium and WIN Jubilee Oval

Favourite Food: Curried chillies washed down with tabasco sauce

Premierships: 0

Prediction: The Dragons to win the premiership.
                    Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• ashstralia
                      ROTH ARMY ELITE
                      • Feb 2004

good onya, pb! the annual 'charity shield' match between the dragons and the rabbits is on this weekend. it's a big one for me and grant. make sure you check in next week for the post mortem, and we'll post the highlights reel. check your local cable network, they sometimes show these games. cheers! ash.

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Feb 2007

yeah, startin' to try and digest all the info...spike tv might show some
                        Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• ashstralia
                          ROTH ARMY ELITE
                          • Feb 2004

when i first watched your game, i pretty much got it straight away. the main diff is our blokes can't throw it forward, or tackle/block anyone without the ball. oh, and the attack has six tackles (offensive plays) to move the ball upfield before it's a handover. give it a go man, it really is an entertaining game.

ash- one new fan at a time!!!!

Comment

• ace diamond
                            Full Member Status

• Sep 2004

well, look on the bright side, gents......at least none of ya was cheering the cowboys.......i gotta admit i like the roosters.....
                            hey dan congrats on the packers, buddy............superbowl champs here in the states over the steelers.
                            juice is bloody pissed over the pack beating the bears to get into the superbowl........
                            cheeres, mates!
                            Originally posted by hideyoursheep
                            When Hagar speaks, I want to cut off my ears and send them to Bristol Palin.
                            "It's like trying to fit a mouse fart into a sardine can with a shoe horn"-Ace Diamond

Comment

• ashstralia
                              ROTH ARMY ELITE
                              • Feb 2004

ace, i'd pick you for a brisbane bronco's fan. they're pretty feral, with a strong sense of entitlement... exclamation mark

Comment

• Grant
                                Sniper
                                • Feb 2005

Originally posted by ace diamond
                                i gotta admit i like the roosters.....
                                Unfortunately, to qualify as a Roosters supporter there's a stict criteria that you must abide by:

a) Drink latte regularly

b) Have to own a 2 bedroom home costing minimum $1 million aussie dollars

c) Being a "sensitive new age guy" who wears pink shirts

The absurd list is endless...

Comment

Working...