Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TAKIN WHISKEY
    Commando
    • Apr 2006

I have no clue what the hell is going on in the NFL. The first week I pick against Dallas in probably 7 or 8 years in my pool thinking there is no way they beat the Giants and Garrett picks up his first NFL win. I have been over .700 for the year on many occasions and this year I will be lucky to crack .600

Comment

• chefcraig
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Apr 2004

Michael Vick's record game sparks Eagles to hammer Redskins

SOURCE

LANDOVER, Maryland — Michael Vick threw for 333 yards and four touchdowns and ran for two more scores to lead a voluminous record-breaking performance in Philadelphia's 59-28 destruction of Washington in the rain at FedEx Field.

Vick completed 20-of-28 throws and added 80 rushing yards to become the first player in league history to throw for more than 300 yards, run for more than 50, throw four TD passes and run for two more in the same game as the visitors piled up a team-record 592 yards of offense in the second-highest scoring game in franchise history.

Jerome Harrison ran for 109 yards and a touchdown while LeSean McCoy carried 11 times for 43 yards and caught five balls for 51 yards and a score for the Eagles (6-3), who have won two in a row and four out of five since a 17-12 setback to the Redskins in Week 4 to move into a first place tie in the NFC East with the New York Giants, their opponent this coming Sunday night.

DeSean Jackson, Jeremy Maclin and Jason Avant also caught TD passes in the high-octane attack that established league records for the most first quarter points (28),the largest lead by a road team after the first quarter (28) and the most points by a visiting team in the first half of play (45) in addition to setting a Monday Night Football record with 59 points.

Donovan McNabb threw for 295 yards and two touchdowns but was intercepted three times on 17-of-31 efficiency just hours after it was announced that he had signed a multi-year contract extension, reportedly worth $78 million over five years, including a reported $40 million in guaranteed money, with the Redskins (4-5), who returned from a bye week to suffer a second straight loss.

Keiland Williams carried 16 times for 89 yards and two scores and caught four passes for 50 yards and a touchdown in defeat as the Redskins allowed the third-most points in a game in franchise history.

After Jorrick Calvin bobbled the opening kickoff and made it to only his 12- yard line, the Eagles, who could not get the ball deep down the field against the Redskins in their first meeting, went up top on the first play from scrimmage to strike first.

Vick rolled to his left, fired deep down the middle and hit Jackson in stride inside the Redskins 35 and the fleet receiver went untouched the rest of the way into the end zone to finish off the longest scoring play of his three-year career just 18 seconds into the contest.

After forcing a three-and-out on Washington's first offensive possession, the Eagles started at their own 37 and needed just five plays to find the end zone again.

McCoy's 27-yard catch-and-run on a screen pass moved the ball to the 'Skins seven from where Vick ran in on the next play. The southpaw rolled to his right, shed a tackle at the five and dived across the goal line to make it 14-0 only 4:43 into game.

It marked a complete reversal from the first meeting when Washington needed just 4:25 to forge a 14-0 advantage.

Kurt Coleman made an interception on a deflected pass off the hands of Santana Moss on the hosts next drive and brought it back seven yards to the 'Skins 37.

Philadelphia required only six plays to cash in again, as McCoy took a shovel pass 11 yards to paydirt to extend the margin to 21 with five minutes left in the opening stanza.

Following another Washington punt, the Eagles made it four-for-four on TD drives to cap off the highest-scoring first quarter in franchise history. Harrison started left, cut back right, shed two tackles and angled right down the sideline before diving and hitting the pylon to complete a 50-yard scoring run, his first with his new team.

The visitors struck again with another long touchdown on the first play of the second quarter.

Vick found Maclin down the right sideline and the second-year receiver made a leaping catch just inside the boundary and hit the pylon with his left elbow and shoulder while maintaining possession. The play was reviewed and the call on the field was upheld, giving Philadelphia a 35-point advantage.

Washington finally got its offense untracked on its next touch, moving 74 yards on just two plays to make it a 35-7 game only 36 seconds later.

Fred Davis went 71 yards to the Eagles three-yard line on a catch and run on a drag route before McNabb rolled right and found Darrel Young in the flat and the rookie from Villanova made his first touch in the league a three-yard touchdown.

Washington finally got a defensive stop and used another big play to set up a second touchdown.

McNabb found Anthony Armstrong deep down the left sideline for 76 yards to the Eagles five. Two plays later, Williams took a pass from McNabb six yards to paydirt to trim the lead to 35-14 with 9:39 left before halftime.

Dimitri Patterson picked off McNabb on the Redskins' next drive to set up the sixth touchdown of the half for the visitors, who only needed to go 28 yards.

Vick took a shotgun snap and ran to his right six yards for the score that made it 42-14 with 3:34 to go in the quarter. David Akers field goal from 48 yards out pushed the margin to 45-14 at the intermission.

The hosts marched 56 yards on eight plays on their first second half touch to cut the lead to 24. Williams' four-yard TD run around the left end finished the drive that took 3 1/2 minutes.

Philadelphia's last offensive thrust came when Vick moved to his right to avoid the rush, set and drilled a three-yard scoring pass to Avant in the back of the end zone to polish off an 11-play, 71-yard drive that made it 52-21 with 6:15 left in the third quarter.

Patterson's 40-yard interception return 56 seconds later made it 59-21 before Williams 32-yard TD jaunt closed the scoring with just under 11 1/2 minutes to go in the game.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
      ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Bob_R
        Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Bob_R
        I wouldn't get so gung ho about Chad Pennington starting Sunday. The guy is so injury prone he may pull a muscle combing his hair Saturday morning.
        I wasn't too far off. First play of the game.
        Talk Classic Rock - The Official Message Board For Classic Rock -- Now on XenForo!

Comment

• TAKIN WHISKEY
          Commando
          • Apr 2006

Originally posted by Bob_R
          I wasn't too far off. First play of the game.
          I thought the exact same thing when Pennington went down. I remembered your post and thought you have got to be kidding me.

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Feb 2007

alright chef! i hope your fins light it up!

<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/37-rPjy-NyQ&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/37-rPjy-NyQ&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>

the pic at :33 kicks ass
            Last edited by PETE'S BROTHER; 11-18-2010, 08:38 PM.
            Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• chefcraig
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Apr 2004

Originally posted by PETE'S BROTHER
              Thanks, man!

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
              ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Feb 2007

<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/37-rPjy-NyQ&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/37-rPjy-NyQ&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>

the pic at :33 kicks ass
                eeeeeeee e e e e ee e e eee e e e e e (dolphin for 'the bears still suck')
                Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• TFM_Dale
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Jan 2009

8 Year old tackled by Browns fan to get jersey from LT

FLORHAM PARK, N.J. -- The executive director of LaDainian Tomlinson's "Tomlinson's Touching Lives Foundation" said he will send an autographed Tomlinson jersey or ball to the 8-year-old New York Jets fan who was reportedly tackled by a drunken Browns fan in the parking lot of Cleveland Browns Stadium after the Jets' 26-20 overtime win on Sunday.

Shannon Brazzell, the executive director of Tomlinson's foundation, said he'd hoped Tomlinson could meet the 8-year-old and his family after Sunday's Jets-Texans game at the New Meadowlands Stadium.

The Jets offered to fly the family to New Jersey to watch a game in a luxury suite at the New Meadowlands Stadium and receive autographed memorabilia from coach Rex Ryan and players. But the child's family turned down the offer.

So Brazzell hopes to do the next best thing by sending autographed gear to the 8-year-old.

"We just want to send him something to brighten his spirits," Brazzell said.

A television station in Cleveland, quoting the boy's mother, reported that the fan and his father, who were dressed in Jets gear, were harassed after the game on Sunday.

The mother, identified only as Danielle by ABC affiliate WEWS because she didn't want to reveal her last name, said fans threw food at the boy and his father after the game.

She said her son was then tackled in the parking lot.

"As [my husband] was walking, holding my son's hand, a guy from behind tackled him. A drunken Browns fan tackled him and pulled him out of his dad's hand. He was on the ground crying," Danielle said, according to the station.

The executive director of LaDainian Tomlinson's Foundation said he will send an autographed Tomlinson jersey or ball to the 8-year-old New York Jets fan who was reportedly tackled by a drunken Browns fan in the parking lot of Cleveland Browns Stadium.

Comment

• TFM_Dale
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Jan 2009

Originally posted by TFM_Dale
                    8 Year old tackled by Browns fan to get jersey from LT

FLORHAM PARK, N.J. -- The executive director of LaDainian Tomlinson's "Tomlinson's Touching Lives Foundation" said he will send an autographed Tomlinson jersey or ball to the 8-year-old New York Jets fan who was reportedly tackled by a drunken Browns fan in the parking lot of Cleveland Browns Stadium after the Jets' 26-20 overtime win on Sunday.

Shannon Brazzell, the executive director of Tomlinson's foundation, said he'd hoped Tomlinson could meet the 8-year-old and his family after Sunday's Jets-Texans game at the New Meadowlands Stadium.

The Jets offered to fly the family to New Jersey to watch a game in a luxury suite at the New Meadowlands Stadium and receive autographed memorabilia from coach Rex Ryan and players. But the child's family turned down the offer.

So Brazzell hopes to do the next best thing by sending autographed gear to the 8-year-old.

"We just want to send him something to brighten his spirits," Brazzell said.

A television station in Cleveland, quoting the boy's mother, reported that the fan and his father, who were dressed in Jets gear, were harassed after the game on Sunday.

The mother, identified only as Danielle by ABC affiliate WEWS because she didn't want to reveal her last name, said fans threw food at the boy and his father after the game.

She said her son was then tackled in the parking lot.

"As [my husband] was walking, holding my son's hand, a guy from behind tackled him. A drunken Browns fan tackled him and pulled him out of his dad's hand. He was on the ground crying," Danielle said, according to the station.

http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/n...ory?id=5822095
                    Can't say much, I thought about punting a baby that was wearing a sparty outfit at The Big House.

Comment

• chefcraig
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Apr 2004

As much as I feel for the boy and his father, I question the wisdom today of entering an opposing team's stadium or arena wearing the road team's gear. There has always been a degree of danger in doing this, but the idea of expecting civility in this day and age from drunken assholes (that pretend to be fans of the home team) is pretty much a foregone conclusion. It is mere coincidence that these intoxicated imbeciles happen to be attending a sporting event, as they are more than ready to display their crummy and boorish behavior in any environment.

― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• TFM_Dale
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Jan 2009

I wouldn't really punt a baby, not over a sparty outfit, it would take a Buckeye outfit at least

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Feb 2007

Originally posted by chefcraig
                          As much as I feel for the boy and his father, I question the wisdom today of entering an opposing team's stadium or arena wearing the road team's gear. There has always been a degree of danger in doing this, but the idea of expecting civility in this day and age from drunken assholes (that pretend to be fans of the home team) is pretty much a foregone conclusion. It is mere coincidence that these intoxicated imbeciles happen to be attending a sporting event, as they are more than ready to display their crummy and boorish behavior in any environment.
                          and then drive home

Comment

• Dan
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Jan 2004

Go Pack Go.
                            First Roth Army Kiwi To See Van Halen Live 6/16/2012 Phoenix Arizona.

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Feb 2007

31-3 stomp!

Comment

• Jagermeister
                                Full Member Status

• Apr 2010

31-3 stomp!
                                That was ugly. I am pissed that the Giants lost. Fuck Vick!

Comment

Working...