Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bob_R
    Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Two feet of snow in Minnesota the game versus the Giants is moved to Monday night. I'm wondering which game I'll get in it's place today.
    Talk Classic Rock - The Official Message Board For Classic Rock -- Now on XenForo!

Comment

• TFM_Dale
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Jan 2009

If the NFL reschedules the Vikings' game against the Giants for Monday evening at Minneapolis' outdoor TCF Bank Stadium, currently considered the most likely option for getting the game played, the forecasted game time temperature is currently negative-four degrees, according to ESPN 1500's Tom Pelissero.

Comment

• TFM_Dale
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Jan 2009

Favre has also said he wouldn't have been able to play today if the game was able to be played. I think he just likes to hear himself talk.

Comment

• TFM_Dale
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Jan 2009

The NFL has officially moved the Giants and Vikings' Week 14 tilt to Detroit. The game will be played at 8:20 EST on Monday evening.

Comment

• Seshmeister
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Go Eagles!

Comment

• Bob_R
              Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

There's gotta be no doubt in anyone's mind for the moment. The New England Patriots are the best team in football.
              Talk Classic Rock - The Official Message Board For Classic Rock -- Now on XenForo!

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Feb 2007

rough day yesterday.....
                Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• chefcraig
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Apr 2004

Originally posted by PETE'S BROTHER
                  rough day yesterday.....
                  In more ways than one. Check out this classy move by one of the Jets assistants.

Jets staffer trips Dolphins player along sideline

NJ.com/Youtube

Sal Alosi, the Jets’ head strength and conditioning coach, was identified by the organization as the man who tripped the Dolphins’ Nolan Carroll as he defended against a punt return late in the third quarter Sunday.

Alosi was seen sticking his left knee out toward Carroll’s thigh as the Dolphin crossed over onto the Jets sideline. Carroll tumbled to the ground almost instantly but left the game only briefly.

“I made a mistake that showed a total lapse in judgment,” Alosi said in a statement released by the Jets Sunday night. “My conduct was inexcusable and unsportsmanlike and does not reflect what this organization stands for.

“I spoke to (Miami) coach (Tony) Sparano and Nolan Carroll to apologize before they took off.

“I have also apologized to Woody (Johnson), Mike (Tannenbaum) and Rex (Ryan). I accept responsibility for my actions as well as any punishment that follows.’’

In a statement released earlier, Jets director of public relations Bruce Speight said the team was reviewing the situation “and is looking into the appropriate next step.”

An NFL spokesman said the league will also review what happened.

Before Alosi apologized to him, Carroll said he had no idea what had happened. His only recollection of the play, he said, was splitting a double-team, gunning down the sideline and rolling onto the ground shortly after.

“Next thing you know I’m on the ground like, ‘What happened?’ ” Carroll said after the Dolphins’ 10-6 victory.

Sparano also spoke with reporters before speaking with Alosi.

“The only thing I know ... my guys upstairs were screaming at the time that that is exactly what happened,” he said.

“It felt like when Nolan was down on the ground and they showed the replay, that somebody from that sideline stuck a foot out or something to that effect. I talked to the referee at that point, but obviously we didn’t see it at that time. But I told him it was on tape and the people upstairs are telling me that’s what they see.

“I obviously need to see it again before I go any further, but I’m obviously going to send it in. I don’t know what else can be done from that standpoint.”

Carroll, who had intercepted a pass earlier in the game, did not jump to any conclusions, saying only that he preferred to look at the film first.

“That’s nothing I can control, you know?” he said. “It’s water off a duck’s back, man. We won, man. That’s what’s important.”

Alosi entered the league in 2002 as an intern with the Arizona Cardinals. The next year, he joined the Jets as an assistant strength and conditioning coach. After a stint with Atlanta, he returned to the Jets following the 2006 season when he took up his current position.

Alosi played for Hofstra, where he led the team in tackles his senior season.

Carroll joked that, if there is a fine levied by the league, he should be properly compensated.

“Give me the money,” he said.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                  ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• indeedido
                    Veteran
                    • Feb 2004

He obviously did it on purpose, but it didn't look too violent. Just a bent knee, he could have pulled a Woody Hays.

Oh how the Jets have just imploded. Figures, same old Jets. Can't stand success.
                    This space for rent.

Comment

• fifth element
                      Commando
                      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by chefcraig
                      Oh, tell me about it. We've been "rebuilding" since before Dan Marino retired. Our last Super Bowl was in 1985, and our last championship over a decade before that. The waiting gets kind of old after a quarter of a century.

And the same holds for Kansas City as well. So many years of "almost" getting there...
                      I hear that...and now Cassell came down w/ appendicitis when we play the Chargers? Croyle is not the QB, nor the leader that he is.....it's gonna be a tight race for the win this year....hope Cassell is back next week.
                      “Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.” ~~Maria Robinson

Comment

• chefcraig
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Apr 2004

From our What In The Fuck? File: Redskins' McNabb benched for remainder of season

(Reuters) - Washington Redskins quarterback Donovan McNabb has been benched for the remainder of the season with Rex Grossman scheduled to start Sunday's game against the Dallas Cowboys, the Redskins said on Friday.

"I also told him (McNabb) that I could not guarantee him that he would be back next year," Redskins coach Mike Shanahan told the team's website (www.redskins.com).

McNabb, 34, had started every game for the Redskins (5-8) this season after being traded from the Philadelphia Eagles in April.

He signed a five-year, $78 million extension with Washington last month, but his future with the team had been in doubt for some time.

He was guaranteed an extra $3.5 million this year under the extension, but the deal allowed the Redskins to release him before next season without any additional payment.

"I talked to Donovan after practice (on Thursday) and I told him that once we were mathematically eliminated from the playoffs that I made a decision to start Rex Grossman," Shanahan said.

"I told Donovan that there's nothing he could do in the final three games that would influence me on what he has done over the last 13 games," the coach added.

"Right now I have to do what is in the best interest of this organization and that's to get a good feel for where we're at the quarterback position," Shanahan said.

John Beck will be Grossman's backup for the remainder of the season, the coach said.

Grossman, 30, has not started a game since November 9, 2008 when he was with the Chicago Bears.

He played the final two minutes of an October loss to the Detroit Lions after Shanahan benched McNabb.

(Writing by Gene Cherry in Salvo, North Carolina. Editing by Alan Baldwin)

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                        ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• fifth element
                          Commando
                          • Nov 2010

ok...how many of you think it makes sense to play Grossman at this point?

myself, I remember him being on again, off again, on again, off again....and that was the only consistant thing about his play...
                          has Shanahan lost it? Or is McNabb just that bad?
                          “Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.” ~~Maria Robinson

Comment

• chefcraig
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Apr 2004

Originally posted by fifth element
                            has Shanahan lost it? Or is McNabb just that bad?
                            Answer for the first question: McNabb has been taking the snaps in practice for the entire week, while Grossman has been holding a clipboard. Now with no practice at all, Grossman is to start Sunday against Dallas.

Answer for the second question: Grossman's stats for his entire career are less than McNabb's for this season, even though Don is having his worst year ever.

― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Bob_R
                              Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Many teams can clinch playoff berths today for the others today is their 3rd to last game of the season.

Officially eliminated:

AFC:

Buffalo, Cincinnati, Denver, Cleveland

NFC:

Carolina, Detroit, Washington, Dallas, Minnesota

Comment

• TAKIN WHISKEY
                                Commando
                                • Apr 2006

Originally posted by Bob_R
                                There's gotta be no doubt in anyone's mind for the moment. The New England Patriots are the best team in football.
                                Agree 100%. I think it could be a Philadelphia/New England rematch.

Comment

Working...