X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chefcraig
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Unchainme
    BTW, for some reason I get the vibe that Gruden gets the phins gig, if they decide to shitcan sparano.
    Believe me, that entire issue is a can of worms right now. The offensive line is a mess, we have one receiver, two banged up running backs and no quarterback. We hired an O coordinator who performed on a team for the past two years ranked worse than us, nobody knows what to do about the defense, and the team owner appears equally clueless, having gone after new coaching prospects with the old coach still on the payroll. The team is trying to put a good face on an ugly situation, issuing press releases and interviews with both Sparano and Jeff Ireland, but you can see right through it. And signing both of them to two year extensions seems more likely to have been done to save embarrassment more than any belief in their abilities.

The deal with UM seeking Gruden was baloney, with Gruden asking for an absurd amount of money and conditions that couldn't have been met. This points to him wanting to stay with the NFL. But really, after what I described above, would you want to work here?

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
    ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• TFM_Dale
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Jan 2009

Gruden would be a good hire for the Fins but I don't see Gruden giving up his studio gig unless it is for full control and BIG money, I don't see the Fins doing that, they will likely target Morning-fag.

Comment

• TFM_Dale
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Jan 2009

Not looking good for the NFL talks.

Owners have canceled meetings after players ask for 50% of all revenue. Owners want 50% after 2 Billion comes off the top. 2 Billion dollars apart?!?! This could get really ugly.

Comment

• kwame k
          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
          • Feb 2008

Yeah, but the greed that separates them now will be the same greed that brings them together.......too much money to be made by all sides to not have a season.
          Originally posted by vandeleur
          E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• Guitar Shark
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Jan 2004

I agree with kwame. A deal will get done.
            ROTH ARMY MILITIA

Originally posted by EAT MY ASSHOLE
            Sharky sometimes needs things spelled out for him in explicit, specific detail. I used to think it was a lawyer thing, but over time it became more and more evident that he's merely someone's idiot twin.

Comment

• TFM_Dale
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Jan 2009

Eventually we all know a deal will get done, it just worries me that they are so far apart. I am a football junky, I'll go crazy without the NFL! It sounds like the draft will go on as usual, its after the draft that everything will come to a standstill until they hammer out an agreement. If you ask me the owners already get 1 billion off the top under the current agreement, meet in the middle and give them 1.5 and stop the bitching. Players are overpaid, the owners wipe their ass with money and it would be absolutely ridiculous to cost the fans any part of the coming season. When shit like this happens it takes a very long time to get all the fans back, if they ever do so all they would really be doing is fucking themselves (owners and players) by making the pool of money they are talking about smaller to begin with. Greedy fuckers anyway.

Comment

• chefcraig
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Apr 2004

Last I checked, it's February, so this isn't a big deal. Now if this was September...

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• kwame k
                  TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                  • Feb 2008

Yeah....I'm thinking they'll take it down to the last minute, too!
                  E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• Seshmeister
                    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

I found this funny...

Comment

• VAiN
                      Use my hand, I won't look
                      ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Holy shit! 2 billion?!?! I don't pay attention to football that much, I had no idea it was that kind of money...
                      Originally posted by wiseguy
                      That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• kwame k
                        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                        • Feb 2008

Dude, that's not even half of it.....2 billion is just off the top and then they want to split 50/50.

110 million viewers for the past SB.......this is big time money.
                        Last edited by kwame k; 02-10-2011, 08:25 PM.

Comment

• kwame k
                          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                          • Feb 2008

Sorry to the one million viewers I excluded.......111 million people watched the last SB.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                            ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                            • Dec 2003

Tell ya what, let's merge the CBA talks into the overall NFL thread and just rename it to the offseason thread....
                            Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• TFM_Dale
                              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                              • Jan 2009

Works for me, should be the 2011 Offseason thread though

Comment

• chefcraig
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Apr 2004

Originally posted by TFM_Dale
                                Works for me, should be the 2011 Offseason thread though
                                You can fix that, brother. Use the drop-down menus at the top of the thread.

― Stephen Hawking

Comment

Working...