X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • qikgts
    Head Fluffer
    • Jan 2012

Bucky "Fuckin" Dent!!!!

Tonight those Massholes are screaming Nick "Fuckin" Swisher!!!
    Last edited by qikgts; 08-17-2012, 11:58 PM.
    You're gonna hear the angels sing...

Comment

• qikgts
      Head Fluffer
      • Jan 2012

Originally posted by DLR Bridge
      Just looked up his age. 29. Born in '82. God, this getting old is for the birds.
      I wonder if heard any VH in the womb? No doubt, the clock never stops...

Ya know, he's been in the lineup for the last few nights and I've watched most of the games on TV but I haven't heard Unchained being played. I'll keep listening for it though!
      Last edited by qikgts; 08-17-2012, 11:57 PM.

Comment

• qikgts
        Head Fluffer
        • Jan 2012

Originally posted by Guitar Shark
        Couldn't happen to a better guy, either. He's all about the team, and I think he genuinely wants to stay here. It would certainly be nice if we could keep him. I'm more than a bit tired of our best players always getting traded away.

All Hail the King!
        That's a great attitude to convey especially for a guy who's had as much success as he's had. From the size of free agent pitcher contracts these days it's really refreshing to think he would want to stay. I'd like to see the M's win more too being a small market team and all.

Comment

• fourthcoming

Seriously, this guy Derek Jeter is one of the all time greats. Dude is leading the league with hits at the age of 38.

16 consecutive years with 10 or more home runs
          batting .320 at age 38
          191 postseason hits (record)
          only person besides Willie Mays to have over 3,000 hits, 250 HR, 300 SB and 1,2000 RBI over his career.

And, he was smart enough to get rid of skanks like Mariah and Minka.

Comment

• qikgts
            Head Fluffer
            • Jan 2012

Originally posted by fourthcoming
            Seriously, this guy Derek Jeter is one of the all time greats. Dude is leading the league with hits at the age of 38.

16 consecutive years with 10 or more home runs
            batting .320 at age 38
            191 postseason hits (record)
            only person besides Willie Mays to have over 3,000 hits, 250 HR, 300 SB and 1,2000 RBI over his career.

And, he was smart enough to get rid of skanks like Mariah and Minka.
            Jeter is a first ballot choice, no doubt. But, why ya gotta slight Rickey Henderson like that bro... I know, I know, "The Man Of Steal" only had like 1100 RBI's...

Comment

• fourthcoming

No slight against Rickey at all......he was an amazing ballplayer. I definitely was not trying to slight anyone, especially Rickey. That dude was great. I remember sitting on the left field line at Yankee Stadium and the Yanks were playing the A's in 1994. Yanks scored 12 runs in the 6th inning I believe and there were a ton of pitching changes. Rickey was playing Left field that day.....don't remember why...but every time there was a pitching change he came over to the left field wall and was talking to the fans. At the time there was a rumor he might be coming back to the Yanks. The fans were asking him about it and he said he would love to come back. Fans were asking him about Billy martin who had died 5 years earlier and he kept saying how much he missed him and how much of a father figure he was to Rickey. Guy was totally cool. A few weeks later, with Donnie baseball and my Yankees in first place by 5 games over Baltimore, baseball went on strike and killed the season.

Comment

• fourthcoming

BTW........Buck Foston.
                Last edited by Guest; 08-20-2012, 09:09 AM.

Comment

• qikgts
                  Head Fluffer
                  • Jan 2012

Guess I should have added an emoticon or lol somewhere. I was just bustin your chops...

I have a great Rickey story too. In the spring of 1985 I got to be a bat boy for the Yankees in Ft. Lauderdale. (FWIW. I was a bat boy for the Ft. Lauderdale Yankees from like 81-86 and then I worked in the clubhouse for the Greensboro Hornets (Class A) for about 1/2 the season in 1991. Pettitte, Posada, Shane Spencer and after I had left Jeter was on that 1991 club too. I could talk about guys like Jose Rijo, Orestes Destrade, Bob Tewksbury, Brian Butterfield, Rex Hudler, Buck Showalter- a lowly coach at the time, Bucky "Fuckin" Dent- a not so great manager at that point and kind of funny with the direction this thread is going right now, the list goes on and on.)

Anyway, Rickey was hurt that spring and spent a lot of time in the clubhouse and needless to say I did too with stars like Winfield, Pinella, Berra, Whitey Ford and all the others being around. Well, there was an article written about me that appeared in the local newspaper I guess at the behest of my Dad, and I shit you not (lol), Rickey was in the can reading the paper and he starts calling out to me to get him a pen. I got him one, and he slides the article out from under the stall with his signature on it! I couldn't believe it! It was crazy! What I remember taking away from him that spring was how much he loved playing baseball. It was all he ever wanted to do and he not only got to do it but he OWNED IT! I have mad respect for his passion...

Here's a pic of the article. Andre Robertson signed it after Rickey because he was right there...

Last edited by qikgts; 08-21-2012, 10:23 PM.

Comment

• fourthcoming

Very cool shit bro!!!.....wow....Andre robertson, Orestes Destrada.......damn....haven't heard those names in centuries!!! Those were some lean years.....the Dallas green Years were tough. That must have been really cool for you to have done that.....thanks for sharing man.

Comment

• qikgts
                      Head Fluffer
                      • Jan 2012

It really was a lot of fun. I got to experience stuff most people only dream of and I guess I kind of took it a little for granted.

I'll say this though, I would kill to have seen as many games in Yankee Stadium as you have. I know it has to be a ton!

You're definitely right, most of those 80's teams didn't bring much joy to Yankee fans. The Boss just spent and spent and wound up with nothing but an empty trophy case. They won games, just not enough to win the division...

Comment

• fourthcoming

It's funny cuz they won the most games of any team in the 1980's but had nothing to show for it. Never had enough pitching and the Boss was batshit crazy back then. If there was a wild card in the 80's they would have been there every year. I do enjoy going to games, love the new stadium, but it's just not the same. I miss the old stadium.

Comment

• qikgts
                          Head Fluffer
                          • Jan 2012

Originally posted by fourthcoming
                          It's funny cuz they won the most games of any team in the 1980's but had nothing to show for it. Never had enough pitching and the Boss was batshit crazy back then. If there was a wild card in the 80's they would have been there every year. I do enjoy going to games, love the new stadium, but it's just not the same. I miss the old stadium.
                          Right on the money. Who knows how many more WS they could have won.

Looks like Nova may be headed to the DL. On his way back to NY today to check his sore shoulder. Did you hear about Pineda's DUI? I think he also has Pavano disease.

Almost forgot, how bout Clemens making a start Saturday?
                          Last edited by qikgts; 08-22-2012, 07:12 PM.

Comment

• motherchicken
                            • Nov 2009

Originally posted by qikgts
                            That's a great attitude to convey especially for a guy who's had as much success as he's had. From the size of free agent pitcher contracts these days it's really refreshing to think he would want to stay. I'd like to see the M's win more too being a small market team and all.
                            Felix is making $19,700,000 this year. Not bad for a player on a small market team.

Comment

• Guitar Shark
                              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Bob_R
                              Great pitcher. Is he a free agent after this season?
                              No, he is signed through 2014. Apparently he went on the local radio yesterday and "promised" that he would never leave Seattle. I don't read too much into that, but he does seem genuinely interested in staying.
                              ROTH ARMY MILITIA

Originally posted by EAT MY ASSHOLE
                              Sharky sometimes needs things spelled out for him in explicit, specific detail. I used to think it was a lawyer thing, but over time it became more and more evident that he's merely someone's idiot twin.

Comment

• qikgts
                                Head Fluffer
                                • Jan 2012

Originally posted by motherchicken
                                Felix is making $19,700,000 this year. Not bad for a player on a small market team.
                                Fuck n a right it ain't bad! I didn't know he already had the cheese!

Comment

Working...