Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lesfunk
    Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

That Luongo character should have kept his goddamn mouth shut . I can't imagine the excuses those Canadian douches will have if they lose.
    http://gifsoup.com/imager.php?id=4448212&t=o GIFSoup

Comment

• Romeo Delight
      ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Luongo put himself in this situation to be sure with his comments.

Then again, there were alot of comments more assinine from Boston's coach throughout the series.

I didn't think we would win Game 6.

Things are so close in the Finals and last change for the home team has proven to be the difference in every game of this series.

Thomas seems to have been more consistent.

The reason I think the Nucks will win is because even in the losses in Boston, Vancouver outplayed Boston for periods at a time (Game #3 and 4, period 1), (Game #6, period 2 and 3 and most of #1)

You can't tell me Boston carried the play at any time in Vancouver, save for a 90 second span in game 5.

Luongo has dominated at home in these playoffs so he has that going for him
      Last edited by Romeo Delight; 06-14-2011, 10:53 AM.
      sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• Romeo Delight
        ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by VAiN
        I'm of the opinion that clutch goalies make saves.

nothing more clutch than game 7
        sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• Romeo Delight
          ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Take the third goal...It is the job of the Canucks d on a penalty kill to clear the guy in front of Luongo so he can see the puck. Not only did he not do that, but he stood beside the Bruin, creating a wall of screen so Luongo really had no chance on that goal.

When a goalie plays amazing most of the time it is the result of a good system with both forwards and d contributing to the success.

The Canucks broke down in short spans in every game in Boston.

In Vancouver, both teams played sound, but Boston rarely threatened offensively - mainly due to the perfect team play. Luongo had to be solid and make the occasional special save.

All of the goals Vancouver scored were plays were they took advantage of Thomas' gambling style. He can be beaten for sure. He is a great goalie, but can't stop the Canucks.

If Vancouver wins it won't be becasue of Luongo but because of solid team play. I don't believe goalies are as important as everyone thinks
          sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Feb 2007

A new Canadian study shows that in a hockey-mad country like Canada, people are willing to put off a trip to the emergency room to watch an important game.

The study found that ER visits fell dramatically during last year's men's gold medal Olympic hockey game, suggesting that a major event may influence whether patients decide they are sick enough for such a trip.

A new Canadian study shows that in a hockey-mad country like Canada, people are willing to put off a trip to the emergency room to watch an important game.

found this interesting
            Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• VAiN
              Use my hand, I won't look
              ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Originally posted by DavidFlamma
              All of the goals Vancouver scored were plays were they took advantage of Thomas' gambling style. He can be beaten for sure. He is a great goalie, but can't stop the Canucks.
              Thomas can stop the Canucks in Boston, that's for sure... His numbers are stellar... whether he has a better D/team in front of him or he's just a better playoff goalie - you can't argue with the stats. I'd have him on my team any day. Game 7 will be fun... I really can't pick one or the other...
              Originally posted by wiseguy
              That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Much has been made in the media about the Vancouver Canucks and taunting etc.

Frankly it is a media bias because Boston is an Original Six team and because people grew up watching the Bruins across Canada and the US and although the Bruins have been dirtier and taunted more, somehow, the perception is there that the Bruins are a working-man's team and full of vim and vigor.

Look at this video where Mason Raymond doesn't touch the puck but is headlocked and driven into the boards, smashing his vertabrae. He was completely defenseless.

It should go without saying that no penalty was called on the play of course.

Listen to the classy Boston fans taunt...When Horton went down all of the Canucks were very concerned and respectful. Same can't be said here:

sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                  ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Name me a Stanley Cup Finals where the stars of the league...in this case (consequitive years) scoring leaders Daniel and Henrik Sedin would be allowed to be hacked and cheap-shotted to this degree?

They shouldn't call everything as this is a man's game and the Finals, but the Bruins have been allowed to spear and slash with impunity against the NHL's elite players.

This is unprecedented in the modern-day NHL playoffs and a by-product of who the Bruin's owner is, his relationship with Bettman and position as Chairman of the Disciplinary Committee and general Eastern bias.
                  Last edited by Romeo Delight; 06-14-2011, 01:48 PM.
                  sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• VAiN
                    Use my hand, I won't look
                    ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Look at this video where Mason Raymond doesn't touch the puck but is headlocked and driven into the boards, smashing his vertabrae. He was completely defenseless.

It should go without saying that no penalty was called on the play of course.

Listen to the classy Boston fans taunt...When Horton went down all of the Canucks were very concerned and respectful.
                    I definitely agree with you there... the Boston fans just seem like a classless bunch..
                    Originally posted by wiseguy
                    That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                      ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Look at what Boychuck does...puts his stick between Raymond's legs (called a can opener) so he can't control where he is going...grabs him by the head and pile-drives him vertabrae first into the unforgiving boards.

Nice. That's not hockey. He didn't even touch the puck.

At least with the Nathan Horton hit, Horton had the puck and it was an honest hockey play...a late hit for sure, but no ill-intent.

This is all about hurting a guy. The NHL letting the Bruins cheap-shot to their hearts content results here in a guy who won't be able to sit/walk for 5-6 months
                      sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                        SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Here's some highlights of the Vancouver Canucks play:

This is probably one of the very best dives ever performed by the very best diving champion we could admire on springboards and platforms: please enjoy Greg ...

Comment

• lesfunk
                          Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Who whines more? The Vancouver team or the fans?
                          http://gifsoup.com/imager.php?id=4448212&t=o GIFSoup

Comment

• Warham
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Mar 2004

I heard that New England sports fans only show up when they are winning, so nioce to see you posting .
                            To tell you the truth, David, I'm not from New England. I live up here but I'm from the Midwest, Indiana to be exact. The Bruins are the only team that I like out here and that's because hockey isn't a big deal in Indiana, so I didn't root for anybody as a kid. I like 'em because they are scrappers and I've always appreciated the legends like Orr, Bourque, and Neely.

Comment

• Matt White
                              • Jun 2004

I just dug the SPORTS ILLUSTRATED article talking about how all of the playoff teams were trying to replicate the WINGS teams of the late 90's!

LET'S GO RED WINGS!!!

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                                ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                                Here's some highlights of the Vancouver Canucks play:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7KrY...eature=related
                                Um, yeah...

The Canucks have one or two notorious guys. The Bruins are just better at embellishing.

Take game #6 where 6'9" 260 lb Chara - an immovable object for the entire series - suddenly flops into his goalie who is way out of his crease when touched by Kesler.

But Thomas is such a workmanlike goalie..salt of the earth of course.

Pulease
                                sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

Working...