X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TJMKID
    Veteran
    • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Fairwrning
    Wait a second..you guys dont agree that we should pay these fuckers also??!! I mean, cmon, surely a free college education isnt enough..Thats what really pisses me off..so much cash being moved by these programs that the students think they should be paid as well..fuck that.And if given a free ride, you must graduate..no leaving early or you get to pay your bill.

Personally --- I think college football and basketball should be a private for-profit enterprise run by the schools. All profits after salaries and expenses will be used to fund academic and need-based scholarships.

The players aren't allowed to be students --- they are professional athletes playing in a "training league" for the NFL or other pro leagues. If they want to get a free college education --- then compete for academic scholarships or join the military after they quit playing.

The students and alumni would love it because we could still cheer for "our school team" and have a playoff system like the NFL. There wouldnt be a huge waste of time trying to figure out who's breaking what esoteric NCAA bylaw by selling their jersey or getting a free tat. The athletes would have agents just like in the pros.

It's a win-win for everyone involved --- if Obama had any guts he'd push this through in a heartbeat !!!

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
      ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
      • Dec 2003

Originally posted by TFM_Dale
      This thread is proof that Ped State fans don't truly get it.
      Not a fair statement....
      Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• gbranton
        Veteran
        • Aug 2005

Originally posted by TJMKID
        For fuck's sake --- Cam Newton has his own statue at Auburn and his Daddy shopped him around to the highest bidder. Asshole won a Heisman Trophy.
        AFTER he was run off from Florida for pure bullshit, to make way for John Brantlame because the Brantlame family is huge donor to UF.

If anyone thinks they got rid of him for having a stolen laptop you have lost your mind. Kids at colleges all over the nation get drunk, fight the cops, get busted for weed, beat their girlfriends and stay on the field. Somehow Cam Newton went from alternating series' with Tebow and being The Future of Florida football to being a pariah. He got ran off for MONEY and the team, the coaches and the fans paid the price for it.

You think Urban Meyer left because of health problems? He left because he wanted Newton and the boosters decreed Brantlame. Then while Brantlame is showing the world that he may be the most worthless quarterback to ever line up under center at a major university and Newton was on his way to a Heisman and a National "Championship" Florida boosters leaked a bullshit story about Cam cheating on tests in a feeble attempt to make Cam look bad and make their decision to force Brantlame on the team look better.

Meyer's well publicized "tirade" at a reporter defending Brantlame? Totally fabricated. In Exchange for allowing Urban to call him a "bad guy" he got a promotion.

Unfortunately money makes the world go round. They should be paying these players anyway. If Cammy's daddy got a little slice of pie considering the way his kid got mistreated it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world.
        "Don't want 'em to get you goat, don't show 'em where it's hid." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Fairwrning
          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by gbranton

Unfortunately money makes the world go round. They should be paying these players anyway. If Cammy's daddy got a little slice of pie considering the way his kid got mistreated it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world.
          Or, Daddy could have continued to pay his own way and Cam finishes school and get a degree.The money would still be there the next year..and if he got hurt before, well, thats where the free college education kicks in.

Comment

• TFM_Dale
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
            Not a fair statement....
            I agree and apologize. Should have said some, I'm sure many, maybe even the majority actually care about the victims and not about the hit the team is taking. Just tired of all the "my poor team" bullshit.

Comment

• TFM_Dale
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Jan 2009

Or, Daddy could have continued to pay his own way and Cam finishes school and get a degree.The money would still be there the next year..and if he got hurt before, well, thats where the free college education kicks in.
              Can't believe I am about to type this, I agree with Warning, the free ride should be enough. I would like to see a cap on coaches salaries in college but that is a whole new bag of worms.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by TJMKID
                OK so why cut scholarships?

Don't punish the innocent kids who just want to play for Penn State and get a free education.

But in your twisted world --- those are the kind of people who deserve to suffer the most from the criminal actions of a head coach and administrators.
                Oh please! "Innocent kids who want to play for Penn State?" Really? Little Jimmy's boyhood dream of exclusively obtaining a scholarship to PSU is now dead! Oh well, he'll just have to wear some other colors. Who gives a fuck about any of that. If only those bastard rape victims had kept their mouth shut!

Give me a break dude, you're really reaching here and it's a bit nauseating...

Comment

• Fairwrning
                  TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                  • Jan 2004

Can't believe I am about to type this, I agree with Warning, the free ride should be enough. I would like to see a cap on coaches salaries in college but that is a whole new bag of worms.
                  That may have to go in my sig..but changed just a bit..maybe add Dallas > Detroit...Coaches included is interesting..They get plenty of perks also..Beamer whores out guttering,convenience stores,electrical contractors..His mansion was built on his advertising name..

Comment

• gbranton
                    Veteran
                    • Aug 2005

I never said it would be RIGHT, but the kid got a shit deal, all because of money. As for Cecil, he needed that money, here's his checkbook register:

"Don't want 'em to get you goat, don't show 'em where it's hid." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Fairwrning
                      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                      • Jan 2004

Ha!..I cant blame Cam for taking the money early..fuck..why wouldnt you...I just hate the fact my kids college tuition rates go up every year and these prima donnas get treated like royalty...and dont even bother to get the free degree my kids are fighting for..

Comment

• ODShowtime
                        ROCKSTAR

• Jun 2004

I know nothing of compassion? You want to cry about the possible loss of your football team, how hard you have it now, and that the millions Ped State pays out to the victims will make everything right but I'm the one with no compassion? Toss in wishing death on me AND my family and a really nice death by fire wish to and I'm the one without compassion? Interesting.

Hey I want to be clear with you man. It's nothing personal. I don't really wish that to YOUR family. Right now I wish it to everyone's family. I wish the entire world just fucking ended right now. However angry I was last week is nothing compared to what I feel right now.

Really I just wish suffering on all the hateful and ignorant people in the world; people like you. Yes, I respond to hate with hate. Fuck you.
                        gnaw on it

Comment

• TJMKID
                          Veteran
                          • Mar 2004

Ha!..I cant blame Cam for taking the money early..fuck..why wouldnt you...I just hate the fact my kids college tuition rates go up every year and these prima donnas get treated like royalty...and dont even bother to get the free degree my kids are fighting for..

That's why a professional college football league would solve all these problems --- the players can make all the money they want (assuming a cap system) and not have some NCAA asshole watching every penny --- the regular students can carry on with their normal lives and not be jealous of the athletes and even benefit financially as the team does better ---- the alumni can still be boosters and support the program --- the universities and TV networks can still make a ton of money.

Any way I look at it -----this is WIN-WIN-WIN-WIN for everybody involved.

Comment

• gbranton
                            Veteran
                            • Aug 2005

Can't believe I am about to type this, I agree with Warning, the free ride should be enough.
                            I want to clarify. when I say pay the players I am talking about a meager fixed amount, such as what Steve Spurrier has suggested. Enough to buy food, a few cds, decent clothes and take his girl to a movie on the weekend, like $250/week or something along those lines. At Florida I remember talking to John L. Williams, who went to high school with my roommate. He came from a poor family and had to bum rides to go back home and see his folks 45 miles away in the offseason, I even gave him a ride somewhere once, I can't recall where off the top of my head. The point is we were in awe of him thinking he had it made, he was generating vast sums of money for the university and yet I had a far higher standard of living than he did.

Comment

• Fairwrning
                              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                              • Jan 2004

I still think it should be an either/or situation. A separate college football league is fine with me...but you dont get a free ride through school if you are getting paid...And the pay cap should not be ridiculous..You dont become a millionaire playing college sports....at best you get enough to live on your own all year..perhaps if you stay and graduate a large grant is given and you get out cheaply.

Comment

• clarathecarrot
                                Full Member Status

• May 2010

25 years from now some dude will be sitting at a bar and talking football shit..

and someone will smile and say to him, you went to Pitt.... and he will say yeah.

First dude will say I am from Pennsylvania where are you from..?

Second dude will say ( any city close to Penn State)

First dude will say ..why didn't you go to Penn....

First Dude will get a sad look on his face because he is one of the transfered athletes durring this situation we have now.

This shit isn't only desroying the kids who were rapped by this monster he has injured Millions of people by
                                altering thier memories of college at that school.

It has tarnished the former players and students also.

Ties to college are as strong as to military units.

I don't think we need to bag on former players students or the program, it is already to late, the damage is done.

I wouldn't mind a witch hunt of other monsters who are raping kids into the belief that they, are born that way.
                                Last edited by clarathecarrot; 07-23-2012, 07:42 PM.
                                2015 once smoke 2 smoke ...poke
                                clara the tiny giraffe make fur curve

Comment

Working...