X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jesus Christ
    Veteran
    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by kwame k
    That was the rationalization for Christians to kill Jews throughout the centuries!
    Not rationalized by Me, or by anyone who truly followed My teachings

I am a Jew. Why would I want My own people killed?

Comment

• ELVIS
      Banned
      • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Seshmeister
      It's all bullshit anyway since the Romans would never have crucified anyone at the Passover in a rebellious Jewish province.
      Oh yeah, you figured it all out !!

Hail the Scot with two brain cells left...

Comment

• ELVIS
        Banned
        • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Jesus Christ
        Not rationalized by Me, or by anyone who truly followed My teachings

I am a Jew. Why would I want My own people killed?
        You don't know what a Jew is...

Comment

• ELVIS
          Banned
          • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Seshmeister
          The irony is that ELVIS no more follows the teachings of the bible on homosexuality than Clay Atkins.

Otherwise he would be in jail for stoning people...
          Where does the Bible say take the law into your own hands and just start stoning people at will ??

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by ELVIS
            Where does the Bible say take the law into your own hands and just start stoning people at will ??
            like, every other page, dude.
            Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• Jesus Christ
              Veteran
              • Jan 2004

Oh yeah, you figured it all out !!

Hail the Scot with two brain cells left...
              Judge not, lest ye be judged Gregory. Surely ye hath not forgotten the brain cells that ye hath killed over the years in a like manner?

Comment

• ELVIS
                Banned
                • Dec 2003

Yeah, but I'm not doing it today...

Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment...

Comment

• kwame k
                  TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                  • Feb 2008

If a damsel that is a virgin be betrothed unto an husband, and a man find her in the city, and lie with her; Then ye shall bring them both out unto the gate of that city, and ye shall stone them with stones that they die; the damsel, because she cried not, being in the city. Deuteronomy 22:23-24

And he that blasphemeth the name of the LORD, he shall surely be put to death, and all the congregation shall certainly stone him. Leviticus 24:16

If any man take a wife, and go in unto her, and hate her ... and say, I took this woman, and when I came to her, I found her not a maid: Then shall the father of the damsel, and her mother, take and bring forth the tokens of the damsel's virginity unto the elders of the city in the gate: And the damsel's father shall say ... these are the tokens of my daughter's virginity. And they shall spread the cloth before the elders of the city. ... But if this thing be true, and the tokens of virginity be not found for the damsel: Then they shall bring out the damsel to the door of her father's house, and the men of her city shall stone her with stones that she die. Deuteronomy 22:13-21

They found a man that gathered sticks upon the sabbath day. ... And the LORD said unto Moses, The man shall be surely put to death: all the congregation shall stone him with stones.... And all the congregation brought him without the camp, and stoned him with stones, and he died; as the LORD commanded Moses. Numbers 15:32-56

Thou didst blaspheme God and the king. And then carry him out, and stone him, that he may die. 1 Kings 21:10
                  Originally posted by vandeleur
                  E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• Jesus Christ
                    Veteran
                    • Jan 2004

You don't know what a Jew is...
                    I don't?

Were you there when My Dad told Abraham that he would be the father of many nations?

Were you there when Moses led My people out of Egypt?

Were you there when the Pharisees whipped and beat Me within an inch of My life and then demanded that Pilate nail Me to a cross that said "King of the Jews" on it, because I dared to tell them that they were wrong in how they interpreted Scripture.

So tell Me, Gregory. How do ye know more about Jews than I?

Comment

• ELVIS
                      Banned
                      • Dec 2003

What's the difference between the nation of Israel and the people if Israel ??

Comment

• Seshmeister
                        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by Jesus Christ
                        Ye and many others over the years have misinterpreted what I meant by that statement.

Back in those days, cities had walls that surrounded them. There were a number of gates leading in and out of such a city, Jerusalem being one such example. The main gate would open large enough for heavy traffic to pass through easily. Within that gate there would be a smaller gate that could be opened that a man could walk through, but it was too short for a camel to walk through. Occasionally a camel could be taught to "kneel" and thus pass through this small gate, which was called "the eye of the needle", but it was rare that a camel could - or would - do this. If ye have spent any time around camels, ye would know that they can be stubborn creatures and not always willing to learn.

So there's the context. While I did speak often of sowing seeds in My parables, I was not making a reference to sewing in that one.
                        I'm surprised you don't know that's a total myth.

The "eye of the needle" has been claimed to be a gate in Jerusalem, which opened after the main gate was closed at night. A camel could only pass through this smaller gate if it was stooped and had its baggage removed. This story has been put forth since at least the 15th century, and possibly as far back as the 9th century. However, there is no evidence for the existence of such a gate.[3][4]

Variations on this story include that of ancient inns having small entrances to thwart thieves, or a story of an old mountain pass known as the "eye of the needle", so narrow that merchants would have to dismount from their camels and were thus more vulnerable to waiting brigands. There is no historical evidence for any of these, either. This also ignores the explanation given in Matthew 19:27:“With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.”

Comment

• ELVIS
                          Banned
                          • Dec 2003

Comment

• Jesus Christ
                            Veteran
                            • Jan 2004

It's called a parable, Sesh. Don't try to read all that much into it. I used parables as a way of telling stories, and getting the point across in a way that the Pharisees could not refute with their religious dogma.

When I told the rich guy in question "Sell everything you have, and give your money to the poor", that was the more direct approach. Sadly, he still didn't get it.

Comment

• Jesus Christ
                              Veteran
                              • Jan 2004

If ye mean the current nation of Israel, that was established by a UN mandate in 1948, and was thus a creation of man.

The people of Israel are exactly that. Israel is another name for Jacob, who was the son of Isaac, who was the son of Abraham and Sarah. The "miracle baby" that My Dad promised this couple who had been on Earth nearly a century with no children. So the people of Israel are their descendants.

Comment

• kwame k
                                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                                • Feb 2008

One's a nation and one are people
                                Originally posted by vandeleur
                                E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

Working...