• Show
Clear All
  • Satan
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    • Jan 2004

Racist Piece of Shit Banned for LIFE by the NBA

Sterling banned for life by the NBA
    Apr. 29, 2014 2:34 PM EDT

NEW YORK (AP) — Los Angeles Clippers owner Donald Sterling has been banned for life by the NBA in response to racist comments the league says he made in a recorded conversation.

Commissioner Adam Silver said he will try to force the controversial owner to sell his franchise. Sterling has also been fined $2.5 million, and Silver made no effort to hide his outrage over the comments.

He said a league investigation found that the league's longest-tenured owner was in fact the person on the audiotapes that were released over the weekend.

"We stand together in condemning Mr. Sterling's views," Silver said. "They simply have no place in the NBA."

Sterling acknowledged he was the man on the tape, Silver said.

Sterling is immediately barred from attending any NBA games or practices, be present at any Clippers office or facility, or participate in any business or player personnel decisions involving the team.

He also cannot participate in any league business going forward.

"This league is far bigger than any one owner, any one coach and any one player," Silver said.

The fine will be donated to organizations dedicated to anti-discrimination and tolerance efforts that will be jointly selected by the NBA and the Players Association, Silver said.

Sterling's comments were released over the weekend by TMZ and Deadspin, and numerous NBA owners and players have condemned them. Even President Barack Obama weighed in on the crisis, the first of Silver's brief tenure as commissioner.

Before Silver took the podium, Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban tweeted out a photo of the NBA Constitution, saying "It exists for a reason."

The announcement of the sanctions came just hours before the Clippers will play Golden State in Game 5 of a knotted-up Western Conference first-round playoff series.

Several sponsors either terminated or suspended their business dealings with the team on Monday, though individual deals that some of those companies have with Clippers stars like Chris Paul and Blake Griffin will continue and were not affected. Still, it was a clear statement that companies, like just about everyone inside the league, were outraged.

The issues raised when the tapes were released over the weekend represent just another chapter in Sterling's long history of being at the center of controversy.

In the past, he's faced extensive federal charges of civil rights violations and racial discrimination in his business dealings, and some of his race-related statements would be described as shocking.

He has also been sued in the past for sexual harassment by former employees, and even the woman who goes by the name "V. Stiviano" — purportedly the female voice on the tapes at the center of this scandal — describes Sterling in court documents as a man "with a big toothy grin brandishing his sexual prowess in the faces of the Paparazzi and caring less what anyone else thought, the least of which, his own wife."

Stiviano is being sued by Rochelle Sterling, who is seeking to reclaim at least $1.8 million in cash and gifts that her husband allegedly provided the woman.
    Eternally Under the Authority of Satan

Originally posted by Sockfucker
    I've been in several mental institutions but not in Bakersfield.
  • fraroc
    Commando
    • Jun 2012

THIS IZ A FALSE FLAG BY GUBMENT TO TAEK AWAY FIRST 'MENDMENT RIGHTZ!!!!!!

In all seriousness though, this is fuckin awesome. Fuck the guy.
    How do you spell pretentious? S-A-M-M-Y H-A-G-A-R

Comment

• Satan
      ROTH ARMY ELITE
      • Jan 2004

It really wouldn't surprise me if some right winger tried to do exactly that. Apparently some douchebag from FAUX Noize already raised the question of his "right" to be a racist in private at the press conference.
      Eternally Under the Authority of Satan

Originally posted by Sockfucker
      I've been in several mental institutions but not in Bakersfield.

Comment

• twonabomber
        formerly F A T
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

I don't see how you force him to sell the team, and I can't believe that any of the Clippers players have not had an idea that he was a racist until these tapes came out.

Just read this though http://deadspin.com/heres-the-secret...rli-1568842613
        Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Von Halen
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

So, Isaiah Thomas can never coach or be involved in the NBA again. Correct?

Charles Barkley cannot work on the NBA telecasts, or be involved in the NBA ever again. Correct?

Any black person that has ever been involved in the NBA and said something racist, is also banned for life. Correct?

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Von Halen
            So, Isaiah Thomas can never coach or be involved in the NBA again. Correct?

Charles Barkley cannot work on the NBA telecasts, or be involved in the NBA ever again. Correct?

Any black person that has ever been involved in the NBA and said something racist, is also banned for life. Correct?
            only white people can be racist.
            Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• Von Halen
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

While I agree the guy is an idiot, fuck the NBA for picking and choosing. I hope he takes them to task, and makes them honor his punishment, for every other racist remark ever uttered on video or audio by current or former NBA people. They need to go through them all, black and white, and ban them all. Let's see how politically correct the NBA really wants to be.

Comment

• twonabomber
                formerly F A T
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

I'm sure there are owners (NBA or otherwise) who dabble in not-so-legal activities. They better go after all of them, too.

And how fucked up is it that the Clippers finally get good (at least better than the Lakers) and this is what everyone is talking about.
                Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• ELVIS
                  Banned
                  • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Satan
                  Apparently some douchebag from FAUX Noize already raised the question of his "right" to be a racist in private at the press conference.
                  The democrat team owner does have a right to say whatever he likes in a private conversation...

Comment

• VAiN
                    Use my hand, I won't look
                    ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Originally posted by ELVIS
                    The democrat team owner does have a right to say whatever he likes in a private conversation...
                    I think this is what I take issue with.. this was a private conversation that was leaked. I'm not up on the details, but what kind of shitbag secretly records a conversation and ruins a guys life like that? Total classless move.
                    Originally posted by wiseguy
                    That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by VAiN
                      I think this is what I take issue with.. this was a private conversation that was leaked. I'm not up on the details, but what kind of shitbag secretly records a conversation and ruins a guys life like that? Total classless move.
                      i heard she recorded most their convos, cause he would forget what they talked about. i guess he knew this was bein' recorded.
                      Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• ELVIS
                        Banned
                        • Dec 2003

That's right, Vain...

He doesn't have to like anybody and if you listen to the entire conversation it's clear that he's extremely upset and jealous that his hot girlfriend is hanging with and posting pics on the net of her hanging with black NBA players and probably other freaks as well...

he didn't say anything in public...

Comment

• Von Halen
                          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Where did you hear the entire conversation?

Comment

• DONNIEP
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Mar 2004

Originally posted by PETE'S BROTHER
                            only white people can be racist.
                            The sooner white people understand this the better the world will be. Honkies.
                            American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• Fairwrning
                              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                              • Jan 2004

2.5 mil fine!!!..wow..so much for freedom of speech..AND I lose my team??? How about anyone that dislikes my words just quit..go work elsewhere..Spike Lee even used the S word..wow.

Comment

Working...