X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cadaverdog
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Satan
    Maybe not so much the "Magic Johnson conspiracy" part, but the rest of it anyway.....
    He said that was his plan all along but he might have been joking. He didn't make Sterling say the shit he said but he might have encouraged the girlfriend after he found out she had those recordings. She must have been planning something all along or she wouldn't have been recording their conversation.
    Beware of Dog

Comment

• cadaverdog
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Aug 2007

Originally posted by VAiN
      Except Stirling didn't use a slur like crackers.. pretty sure it was 'blacks'.. The fine is ridiculous. And really.. what's going to make him pay it? He's banned for life. What can they do, double ban him? 2.5 mil is insane for something said in a private conversation. I think this is a slippery slope.
      I agree. Based on private conversation he had with his mistress he doesn't like black people. I don't think that's enough to merit a 5 million dollar fine even if it is peanuts to him. A lifetime ban for being a dumbfuck is fair enough.
      Beware of Dog

Comment

• Von Halen
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

George Jefferson used to call people "honkies" all the time. You could arguably call that a racist term, but it hardly compares to burning a cross on somebody's front lawn or hanging them from a tree.
        So, if Archie Bunker had said ****** all the time, it would have been fine because he wasn't actually burning a cross on somebodies lawn, or hanging them from a tree?

Why is it any different for someone to use the term honky, than it is to use the term ******?

And if you want to hear Barkley say racist shit, just turn him on. He is always spouting off ignorant shit.

You don't remember what Zeke and Rodman said about Larry Bird?

The NBA set a precedent today. Now they need to uphold it. Or should they be hypocrites like you Satan, and all the other apologists?

The NBA needs to ban every person that has been involved with their league, that has made racist remarks that were captured on audio or video. No matter what color the offender is.

Comment

• Satan
          ROTH ARMY ELITE
          • Jan 2004

This guy is a typical white supremacist racist. He even practices his white supremacy within the Jewish community......

DS: It's the world! You go to Israel, the blacks are just treated like dogs.

V: So do you have to treat them like that too?

DS: The white Jews, there's white Jews and black Jews, do you understand?

V: And are the black Jews less than the white Jews?

DS: A hundred percent, fifty, a hundred percent.

V: And is that right?

DS: It isn't a question—we don't evaluate what's right and wrong, we live in a society. We live in a culture. We have to live within that culture.

V: But shouldn't we take a stand for what's wrong? And be the change and the difference?

DS: I don't want to change the culture, because I can't. It's too big and too [unknown].
          V: But you can change yourself.

DS: I don't want to change. If my girl can't do what I want, I don't want the girl. I'll find a girl that will do what I want! Believe me. I thought you were that girl—because I tried to do what you want. But you're not that girl.
          Now take a Devil's word on this..... those black Jews can probably trace their lineage right back to Moses' Ethiopian wife (Numbers 12:1). Russian Jews like Tokowitz? Well, that's debatable......

No judgments here on the guy's religion. I'm the Devil, so I oppose all religions equally. But if you joined the party late... or even if your grandparents did, then you really shouldn't be placing yourselves above the folks who are likely descendants of your faith's #1 prophet.
          Eternally Under the Authority of Satan

Originally posted by Sockfucker
          I've been in several mental institutions but not in Bakersfield.

Comment

• cadaverdog
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Aug 2007

White supremacists don't consider Jews white.
            Beware of Dog

Comment

• Satan
              ROTH ARMY ELITE
              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Von Halen
              So, if Archie Bunker had said ****** all the time, it would have been fine because he wasn't actually burning a cross on somebodies lawn, or hanging them from a tree?

Why is it any different for someone to use the term honky, than it is to use the term ******?
              Maybe George Jefferson was a bad example.... as was Archie Bunker, because they were fictional characters who were deliberately written as stereotypes. It's just that old George was the first name that popped into my head when I thought of black guys who said "honky" a lot.

And if you want to hear Barkley say racist shit, just turn him on. He is always spouting off ignorant shit.
              I've heard Charles say some stupid shit on occasion, but nothing sticks out from memory as overtly racist.

Dennis Rodman said something stupid? Isn't that about as predictable as Hagar writing a lousy song lyric?

The NBA set a precedent today. Now they need to uphold it. Or should they be hypocrites like you Satan, and all the other apologists?

The NBA needs to ban every person that has been involved with their league, that has made racist remarks that were captured on audio or video. No matter what color the offender is.
              Well, if you have specific racist comments from those guys, you should pass them on to Adam Silver, so he can consider the appropriate action then.

Frankly I stopped giving a cherub's pink ass about the NBA after that Starfucks goon sold the Sonics off to those oil industry Oklahomos.

Comment

• fraroc
                Commando
                • Jun 2012

Originally posted by Von Halen

Archie Bunker is different because despite him having his dumbass opinions, he had enough class to not say that word.
                How do you spell pretentious? S-A-M-M-Y H-A-G-A-R

Comment

• Satan
                  ROTH ARMY ELITE
                  • Jan 2004

Originally posted by cadaverdog
                  White supremacists don't consider Jews white.
                  Not the kind with the shaved heads and Doc Martins, of course.

But apparently this guy buys into their belief that skin color makes you inferior, as long as you don't bring up his religion.

Comment

• cadaverdog
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Aug 2007

But apparently this guy buys into their belief that skin color makes you inferior, as long as you don't bring up his religion.
                    That's not exactly what he said. That's probably what he meant but he threw in public perception instead of personal opinion.
                    Beware of Dog

Comment

• Mushroom
                      Commando
                      • Jul 2009

I applaud the new commish. Any lessor penalty would not be enough. By Sterling's comments it's obvious he does not see the colored folks as humans with the same equal rights. But it sickens me that a person (20-something "gold digger" ho) would bait and trap somebody in the privacy of their own home exercising their first amendment rights. (I say that because I believe this conversation occurred in his home)

Comment

• Seshmeister
                        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by cadaverdog
                        Nobody cares what my opinion is but I'm going to give it to you anyway. Donald Sterling is a racist. Not because he didn't want his girlfriend to hang around with black men in public but because of the real racist shit he has pulled in the past that everyone including the NAACP and the NBA was willing to overlook before this for some unknown reason. I think it's possible Magic Johnson put the "girlfriend" up to this after he heard what he said about him to get the Clippers away from him. There was speculation about that on the internet yesterday.
                        Just for the people out of the loop like me.

Kevin B Blackistone: The LA Clippers owner made his millions off racist housing policies. Where was the outrage from the NBA and the president then?

...But all those years, not enough people looked at Donald Sterling as the racist landlord the law so bore him out to be.

Neither the league, nor the players, nor the sports media paid much if any attention to Sterling's agreement in 2003 to pay upwards of $5m to settle a lawsuit brought by the Housing Rights Center charging that he tried to drive non-Korean tenants out of apartments he bought in the Koreatown section of Los Angeles. Only a few observers noted in 2006 that the Justice Department sued Sterling for allegations of housing discrimination in the same neighborhood. The charges included statements he allegedly made to employees that black and Hispanic families were not desirable tenants.

And while a handful of us in the media excoriated Sterling and the NBA in 2009 when Sterling settled the lawsuit by agreeing to pay $2.73m following allegations he refused to rent apartments to Hispanics, blacks and families with children, the story didn't resonate – despite it being the largest housing discrimination settlement in Justice Department history.

There was no investigation from the NBA, like the one new commissioner Adam Silver announced under pressure this weekend, promising to move "extraordinarily quickly".

There was no condemnation from black players who predominate the league like the one that erupted Saturday and Sunday from current superstars, including LeBron James and Chris Paul, and from retired icons like Magic Johnson and Michael Jordan. Paul, the Clippers star and head of the National Basketball Players Association, joined his teammates Sunday in stripping their warm-up gear and throwing it unceremoniously into a pile in a demonstration to disown the team's nickname in protest of their owner's loathsomeness.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by VAiN
                          I think this is what I take issue with.. this was a private conversation that was leaked. I'm not up on the details, but what kind of shitbag secretly records a conversation and ruins a guys life like that? Total classless move.
                          You're worried about an 80 year old billionaire racist slum landlord having his life ruined by this?

Comment

• VAiN
                            Use my hand, I won't look
                            ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                            You're worried about an 80 year old billionaire racist slum landlord having his life ruined by this?
                            It's more about the concept, not so much the individual. Once the thought police are free to regulate what's right or wrong there's no backing up from that.
                            Originally posted by wiseguy
                            That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                              ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

The whole thing reminds me of that sweet old lady from Cincy, Marge Schott. She took some lumps for being a racist shit bag, and her vitriol wasn't even caught on tape.

From Wiki (yeah yeah...)

On November 13, 1992, Charles "Cal" Levy, a former marketing director for the Reds, stated in a deposition for Tim Sabo, a former employee who was suing the team, that he'd heard Schott refer to then-Reds outfielders Eric Davis and Dave Parker as "million-dollar n******"

During the same season, a former Oakland Athletics executive assistant, Sharon Jones, is quoted in the New York Times as having overheard Schott state: "I would never hire another n*****. I'd rather have a trained monkey working for me than a n*****," before the start of an owners' conference call.

A four-man committee was convened to investigate Schott. On February 3, 1993, she was fined $250,000 and banned from day-to-day operations of the Reds for the 1993 season. John Allen took over as managing partner. Schott returned to work on November 1.

I really have no idea how or what type of punishment fuck heads like this should face for their ass-holish ways, but being put through the ringer because someone claimed they overheard something or some cunt hit record on the I Phone she got for free seems a bit weak. Not that I'm defending Schott or this Clippers dope, as I know they're both miserable racist shit bags, it's just that I feel what the criminals on Wall Street have done is ions worse and they don't even come close to getting slaps on the wrist.

Comment

• ELVIS
                                Banned
                                • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                                Another example of how you're on the wrong side of every issue...

Comment

Working...