• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ALinChainz
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by High Life Man
    What up POJ?

What are you guys going to do now that I'm no longer your fantasy football minor league system?

I think a lot of people are overlooking Lee Evans. Granted I'm biased because of where he's from, but the guy is going ot be a monster. Great speed, good hands. Came back from a devistating injury and put up some good numbers.
    No one asked me, but he does look like he's recovered. But that knee is twice worked on now, which will probably knock him down into round 2.

Could be a steal for someone. This is a receiver deep draft.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
      Roth Army Caesar
      • Mar 2003

lmfao High Life...lmfao...

I almost got burned in all that highway robbery...

I'm really thinking that all these moves that are going to be made are going to cost the Steelers Rivers...

Cowher has come down here several times to chat with Rivers...been on the talk show circuit a lot down here with his "secret" meetings...

I just can't believe that he would do that thinking he's actually going to get Rivers...I think all those trades are going to happen...Rivers going to San Diego...good move for them...

Then Pittsburgh would get the position they'd truly need...with Hall in the first...

I'd love for them to get Rivers though...
      "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• POJO_Risin
        Roth Army Caesar
        • Mar 2003

This is going to be one of those drafts in which there are a lot of "steals."

It's just a deep draft...I think a lot of surprises are going to crop up outta this one...we shall see though...we shall see...

one week and counting until the fun begins...
        "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• POJO_Risin
          Roth Army Caesar
          • Mar 2003

Looks like the Giants/Chargers deal is dead for now...of course...with a week to go...that means nothing...

Comment

• POJO_Risin
            Roth Army Caesar
            • Mar 2003

Would be nice if Pittsburgh could get Rivers 1...somehow get Will Poole number 2...not the best of the bunch...but could be a sleeper pick in the 2nd round...or going OLine in the second round...perhaps Nat Dorsey...and perhaps getting Shawntae Spencer in the third round...

big kid...and WOULD be a steal if they get him in the third...

Comment

• POJO_Risin
              Roth Army Caesar
              • Mar 2003

Has anyone heard about the rumor of Washington trading up with San Diego to snag Gallery?

with San Diego dropping...then even trading their swapped pick to give up Rothesberger...to get Rivers...and racking up picks...

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                Roth Army Caesar
                • Mar 2003

Is it even possible that San Diego stays one...and takes Larry Fitzgerald 1...

with Manning eventually going 3 to Arizona...and Rothlisberger going 4?...

and Gallery dropping all the way to 6 or 7...I know Cleveland wants Winslow...but I can't imagine him dropping down that far...

I'm really liking Shawntae Spencer..

Comment

• ALinChainz
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Jan 2004

Originally posted by POJO_Risin
                  Would be nice if Pittsburgh could get Rivers 1...somehow get Will Poole number 2...not the best of the bunch...but could be a sleeper pick in the 2nd round...or going OLine in the second round...perhaps Nat Dorsey...and perhaps getting Shawntae Spencer in the third round...

big kid...and WOULD be a steal if they get him in the third...
                  Poole had his second workout in front of NFL scouts this past week and faired much better than he did the first time. Not a burner but better game speed.

Schottenheimer does like Rivers a lot, he seems to be the player they would trade down to get while dealing the number one. But if they stay, the Steelers could get a shot at him.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                    Roth Army Caesar
                    • Mar 2003

Have you heard anything about Spencer? I'm hearing that he is getting raves...and could move from a 3rd or 4th rounder...all the way up to a high 2nd rounder...

Comment

• ALinChainz
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Jan 2004

Has anyone heard about the rumor of Washington trading up with San Diego to snag Gallery?

with San Diego dropping...then even trading their swapped pick to give up Rothesberger...to get Rivers...and racking up picks...
                      I did hear that. So far what I've read is that it's more San Diego creating the noise, driving interest by any team wanting to deal for it. I know the Skins want very much to restructure Chris Samuels contract, but Cerrato said that the rumors are false that a lot of teams are blowing false smoke signals.

Hard to say, but the Skins have also talked about moving down. They only have like 3 picks total I think.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                        Roth Army Caesar
                        • Mar 2003

Well...I know that Samuels is bitching and griping about restructuring...I've got to hope that they don't do that deal...

If Pittsburgh gets Rivers with 1...I think they'll do better in the second and third as far as filling needs and having a qb for the future...

I'm just worry they're going to hang their hat on a third or fourth rounder with potential...as they've done in the past...

Comment

• ALinChainz
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Jan 2004

Have you heard anything about Spencer? I'm hearing that he is getting raves...and could move from a 3rd or 4th rounder...all the way up to a high 2nd rounder...
                          I wouldn't be surprised if he went in the second. Teams need corners and there aren't that many in this draft.

I bet its safe to say he had to cover Fitzgerald in practice a lot, that alone should make him solid.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                            Roth Army Caesar
                            • Mar 2003

I'm hoping for Rivers first...

Poole sliding to them in the second...or taking Spencer second...then stacking up some Lineman prospects in the third, fourth and fifth...

we'll see though...we'll see...

Comment

• ALinChainz
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Jan 2004

Looks like it would depend on the Chargers. Maybe Pittsburgh will make a move up, but it would probably be during those first few picks on the day of the draft. They would have to see if the Chargers do anything, and see where Rivers might fall.

They need to do something there, Maddox isn't long term.

Comment

• ALinChainz
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Jan 2004

Same for me, waiting to see what the Lions are going to do. We seem to be in the thick of taking Jackson or Winslow or Taylor at #6, or trading down, maybe with the Pats, and now entertaining the possibility of trading for Larry Allen, and now tnight read a rumor about sending a couple 2nd round picks to J-Ville for Darius.

Wild, but I love this shit.

Comment

Working...