Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • POJO_Risin
    Roth Army Caesar
    • Mar 2003

The on thing that Stoops didn't do well at any of his stops was recruit...and I think Meyer wants the best coaches...but coaches that can own "the room."

Fickell is a guy that owns "the room," which is why he's still on staff. Every hire that Meyer makes will be a guy like that. Now Stoops has branded some defenses that were incredible at Oklahoma and KState, and is considered a top defensive mind, so that could override his recruiting deficiencies...but I could see Meyer going in a ton of different directions...
    "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• POJO_Risin
      Roth Army Caesar
      • Mar 2003

Ohio State is busy flipping recruits...that were originally flipped from them...

Tommy Schutt decommits from Penn State, and commits to the Buckeyes...

Se'Vonn Pittman decommits from Michigan St., and commits to the Buckeyes...

Bri'onte Dunn reaffirms his commitment after previously planning on decommitting from the Bucks, and heading up north to Shitigan.

Next on the Buckeyes plate is Wisconsin commit Kyle Dodson...he oughta be heading to the Buckeyes soon enough...

It's like taking candy from babies...

...now...to get them some tatooes...
      "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• damngoodtimes
        Sniper
        • Jan 2004

I'll bet these kids end up with some gold pants to sell, too

...just got my tix for the Gator Bowl. yeah, an uninspiring pair of 6-6 teams, but this is the closest they've played to ATL in the 20 yrs I've lived here. It'll be fun watching all those Gator fans go apoplectic because Urban doesn't love them anymore.
        David Lee Roth's the greatest motherfucker who ever lived!
        — Brian Moore (@brianpmoore666) June 26, 2012

Comment

• POJO_Risin
          Roth Army Caesar
          • Mar 2003

Originally posted by damngoodtimes
          I'll bet these kids end up with some gold pants to sell, too

...just got my tix for the Gator Bowl. yeah, an uninspiring pair of 6-6 teams, but this is the closest they've played to ATL in the 20 yrs I've lived here. It'll be fun watching all those Gator fans go apoplectic because Urban doesn't love them anymore.
          Yo...DGT...I'm going as well...

We'll have to meet up. It's been a bit of time since the Roth show...but we'll figure something out. If you get this prior to the game...shoot me a PM, and I'll send you my number...

Comment

• POJO_Risin
            Roth Army Caesar
            • Mar 2003

And the Buckeyes flip another...

Zach Spence...

THE NUMBER 1 RATED DEFENSIVE LINEMAN IN THE COUNTRY SIGNS WITH THE BUCKEYES.

That give tOSU four top 100 DL in this recruiting class, and they should now move up into the top 5 of this recruiting class...with about five more slots remaining...

Comment

• High Life Man
              Commando
              • Jan 2004

Slap on the wrist. One year bowl suspension? Boo.

Should have also lost 15 scholarships for the next 5 years. Make it hurt.

What a joke.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                Roth Army Caesar
                • Mar 2003

Originally posted by High Life Man
                Slap on the wrist. One year bowl suspension? Boo.

Should have also lost 15 scholarships for the next 5 years. Make it hurt.

What a joke.
                Utter horseshit. Utter fucking horseshit.

Selling jerseys for tatoos...give me a break...

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                  Roth Army Caesar
                  • Mar 2003

Ohio State continues to not miss a beat, officially hiring Everett Withers as co-defensive coordinator and associate head coach, and officially naming Mike Vrabel as HIS linebackers' coach. Vrabel has already gained notoriety as a big time recruiter in less than a year of coaching, and should flourish under Meyer.

The funny thing about all of this is that there is no doubt in my mind that Luke Fickell will be the Buckeyes head coach in ten years or so...or Vrabel.

Comment

• Unchainme
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Apr 2005

am watching the Poinsette Bowl...

Mark May is commentating..how the fuck does this fuckbag have a job?

he should have been fired YEARS a go, what a disgrace to Sports Broadcasting.
                    Still waiting for a relevant Browns Team

Comment

• High Life Man
                      Commando
                      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by POJO_Risin
                      Utter horseshit. Utter fucking horseshit.

Selling jerseys for tatoos...give me a break...
                      On the heels of the Jim O'Brien scandal.

Fool me once...

Sorry dude, it's bad. Not Penn State bad, but still...

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                        Roth Army Caesar
                        • Mar 2003

On the heels of the Jim O'Brien scandal?

Holy Hell...

What O'Brien did was 1000 times worse, in my opinion, and the Bucks were never banished from the tournament for the O'Brien deal.

The only reason why "it's bad," is because you're a Wisconsin fan...plain and fucking simple. Like I said, Ohio State players traded memorabilia worth way fucking more than the $7,500 in tattoos that they received in return...and were stomped on by the NCAA.

Oh, I know, it's against NCAA rules to fucking trade away YOUR OWN memorabilia while your a current member of the team, but I guaranfuckingtee it happens AT EVERY FUCKING UNIVERSITY. Why did Ohio State get caught? Because the Tattoo parlor was being investigated for other shit.

It's bad...like I said...bullshit.

...and NOT Penn State bad...

way to breathe the fucking assistant coach fondling caper with tattoo-gate...

and now connecting it to O'Brien from several years ago, in which Ohio State fired the fucker the second they found out, got three years worth of games wiped from their slate...only to have the REAL COURT SYSTEM award O'Brien for negligence in the firing. IE, Ohio State got in trouble for O'Brien by the NCAA because he sent two loan payments to a couple of fucking Slabs, on of which barely played, and the other...never played...and got in trouble for firing O'Brien for said infractions...

Whatever...

You say a one-year ban is a "slap on the wrist," yeah...for less than 10,000 dollars in memorabilia sales...I say it's dead on, and the five year show-cause is equally dead-on....

USC lost two years of postseason for hundreds of thousands of payments to BOTH football and basketball programs at the same time, and were on probation for three years, and lost 30 scholarships....again...hundreds of thousands...cars...house...agents...

None of that is even CLOSE to what the Buckeyes did...and they got hit harder...but whatever...

like you said..."it's bad," but at least not Penn State bad...but still...

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                          Roth Army Caesar
                          • Mar 2003

OF course, Wisconsin would never do the tattoo thing, or anything else for that matter, because Bielema and Alvarez are fucking choir boys...at the top of the fucking choir boy mountain...

Comment

• Unchainme
                            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                            • Apr 2005

Originally posted by POJO_Risin
                            OF course, Wisconsin would never do the tattoo thing, or anything else for that matter, because Bielema and Alvarez are fucking choir boys...at the top of the fucking choir boy mountain...
                            Bielema is a fucking scumbag.

dude kicked a fucking field goal up 52 on Purdue in the 4th this year.

After the Penn State and TOSU scandals? "Well, I guess it's a good time to be a badger now, isn't it!". that's an actual quote.

Fuck him. I wish nothing against ill-will against him.
                            Still waiting for a relevant Browns Team

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                              Roth Army Caesar
                              • Mar 2003

You know HLM...the shit of it is...there aren't many schools I fucking hate more than USC...and I thought at the time that their punishment was far too fucking severe for two asswipes and that douchebag coach. USC pays the brunt of literally two fucking players reaping the benefits of agent money because they weren't allowed to go pro, and a head coach that was too busy screwing whores in his private apartment to know any better. Fucking jackhammer those players...and fucking ban the coach...

The NCAA is so fucking skewed these days based on money and perception.

80% of these fucking recruits at every school are of the lowest common denominator (maybe my 80% is a little high, but it seems that way)...low educated scumbags that can only do one thing worthwhile...and become privileged because of it. Ohio State is one of the biggest football factories in the country, so perhaps there is some blame there. They pull in 64 million a year...64 fucking million...

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                                Roth Army Caesar
                                • Mar 2003

I don't have a problem with Bielema...great coach...so was Alvarez...

Just saying...there's only so much you can control...

Ohio State wouldn't have gotten a game suspension if fucking Posey wouldn't have been taking free rounds of golf after getting free tattoos...but whatever...

Tressel proved to be a lying motherfucking hypocrit, so his players will have to pay. If you're Wisconsin fan...clearly one year isn't enough (and hopefully HLM...you'll never have a year's ban). Your "slap on the wrist" is one fucking year of useless football)...but it's a major blow to everyone associated with the program, and/or a fan...

and the NCAA will still get their cut regardless...

but hey...blame tOSU...it's on them...

Comment

Working...