Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Va Beach VH Fan
    ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    • Dec 2003

I think a lot of those experts are really underating the Michigan game...

I hope OSU doesn't do that...

They didn't beat the shit out of ND for nothing....
    Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Unchainme
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
      I think a lot of those experts are really underating the Michigan game...

I hope OSU doesn't do that...

They didn't beat the shit out of ND for nothing....
      It's Michigan Bro..

Any chance to kick their ass no matter what their rating, is NEVER overlooked.
      Still waiting for a relevant Browns Team

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
        ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
        • Dec 2003

I realize that, I'm just saying that OSU's remaining schedule is a cakewalk...

Michigan won't be easy...

Let's put it this way, if it IS an easy game, you might as well give them the trophy right now....

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• POJO_Risin
          Roth Army Caesar
          • Mar 2003

2 things...

1. Tressel's first statement when he walked in the building as coach of OSU was about Michigan...no way OSU walks into a game against Michigan...which could give them a national title opportunity...underestimating...especially if they are undefeated as well...which I don't think they will be...

2. Don't overrate Michigan. They beat a Notre Dame team, that for the most part, looked like dogshit against both Michigan teams...and oh by the way...got fucking blitzed by OSU at the end of last year.

IMO...Tressel is one of those guys that is a great coach first...there aren't many that will outcoach him...so he's more than likely got this team playing week to week...not even looking at Michigan...

but if you are an OSU player...you ALWAYS have your eye on Michigan...
          "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• POJO_Risin
            Roth Army Caesar
            • Mar 2003

7 weeks away though...

a lot can happen in between...

John Cooper taught me that...
            "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• Little Texan
              Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by redblkwht
              Shit, legitamate was after the
              of texas bro c'mon..
              Yes, but I'll think you'll agree that Texas was a very highly overrated #2 at the time, with the loss of Vince Young and a freshman QB starting for them. Texas may have all the other pieces still in place, but the QB is the leader of a team, and Vince Young was a great leader, and obviously a very important part of that offense last year that is now gone. Hell, you could see in the National Championship last year how important Vince Young was to that team! Not to take anything away from OSU's win, but they obviously weren't playing the same Texas team from last year. I think the game against Iowa last night was a much better measuring stick of OSU's legitimacy of being the #1 team, and they certainly proved that they are deserving of that ranking.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                Roth Army Caesar
                • Mar 2003

I don't agree with anything that you said...

I think a lot of what you said about Texas is true of OSU as well...which makes your case just as strong.

The leader of that team last year was AJ Hawk...

The leader of that team last year was Bobby Carpenter...

the linebackers...and the defense...

of which 9 players graduated...

So no offense to Texas...that was a partial measuring stick...because the team last year...nearly and should have beat Texas...if Tressel wouldn't have stuck Zwick in the game when Smith was the guy driving them up and down the field...

what the game showed me earlier this year...is that Texas had a pretty significant drop off...

and OSU didn't.

Last night's win was as impressive as the OSU shellacking last year...

but...alas...I think Iowa is just as overrated as Texas.

there are four or five teams right now that will give it a run...

we shall see...

Comment

• redblkwht
                  Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Little Texan
                  Yes, but I'll think you'll agree that Texas was a very highly overrated #2 at the time, with the loss of Vince Young and a freshman QB starting for them. Texas may have all the other pieces still in place, but the QB is the leader of a team, and Vince Young was a great leader, and obviously a very important part of that offense last year that is now gone. Hell, you could see in the National Championship last year how important Vince Young was to that team! Not to take anything away from OSU's win, but they obviously weren't playing the same Texas team from last year. I think the game against Iowa last night was a much better measuring stick of OSU's legitimacy of being the #1 team, and they certainly proved that they are deserving of that ranking.
                  OK & my reply is simply this factor.

One TE catch away from winning that game, in which
                  Troy Smith didnt start..

I think Mich State is the
                  team to look out for. IMO

EUAS

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                    ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                    • Dec 2003

Originally posted by redblkwht
                    I think Mich State is the
                    team to look out for. IMO
                    You mean the Michigan State that just lost to Illi-fucking-nois ???

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                      Roth Army Caesar
                      • Mar 2003

IMO...they'll blow out Mich State...but I do agree that if they take that game lightly...with a bullseye on their chest...anything can happen...

they are all mine fields IMO...they won't be sneaking up on anyone...

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                        ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                        • Dec 2003

I've got a new entry for your sig Poj, direct from The Daily Show with Jon Stewart....

He was at OSU this week before the elections on Tuesday....

One of his reporters wears a Michigan shirt, the crowd boos, then he says, "Honestly, Ohio State-Michigan, it's like Sunni-Shi'a"

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                          Roth Army Caesar
                          • Mar 2003

lmfao...

that's the truth bro...

that IS the truth...

Comment

• High Life Man
                            Commando
                            • Jan 2004

I have never wanted OSU on our schedule more than now.

With our D and a healthy Stocco, we could beat OSU.

Fucking Browneyes....

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                              Roth Army Caesar
                              • Mar 2003

Good to see you HLM...

and yeah...you are right...I would love to kick the shit out of Wisconsin this year...

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                                Roth Army Caesar
                                • Mar 2003

On to kicking the shit out of Northwestern...

the Pre-kicking the shit out of Queens matchup...

Comment

Working...